So! The Duster?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by JackD, Apr 5, 2014.

1. JackD

Just wondering. Does anyone think SOE will buff it before they year is over? At the moment this "AI weapon" is of no use and even the A2A weapons the Lib does have are more effective at AI, including the Walker...
  2. eldarfalcongravtank

in my eyes, SoE made a mistake releasing the duster. as a primary anti-infantry HE weapon, it can only be too good to be the perfect farm tool, or it is too weak (as it is now)

it's the same with HE shells for tanks. SoE had to nerf them because infantry players kept complaining, and now they're pretty much useless. the duster is in the same spot, so i doubt they'll ever make it effective enough to justify forgoing the better accuracy and higher damage against vehicles of the zepher/dalton
  3. PKfire

Should have made something more creative.. and useful.

Feel bad for folks who may have played sc for it.
    • Up x 2
  4. dstock

I don't mind paying SC for it, since I had it accruing on my account. What I do mind is that it probably won't be worth using while I'm still actually playing this game. Maybe I'll re-install in a year and try it again, lol.
  5. PlayerOneSVK

As like a know SOE never until we dont make CRY FORUMS about weakness DUSTER
  6. Fangry

Like libs needed new weapons anyway.... and even worse, to farm infantry with...
    What lib need is flak !
    Mount a skyguard in the belly
  7. Pikachu

I dont think they will ever buff it.
  8. Nogrim313

no one is complaining about it like it is the end of the world so SOE is quite aware how weak it must be :p
  9. Regpuppy

One could argue that the shredder does well enough against air. The problem is that it's much more lucrative to slap a zephyr and a bulldog on to farm infantry. Not to mention you'll see more and more ESF's ignore liberators in lieu of just farming infantry as well.

Basically it all boils down to farming infantry giving better certs + KDR per time uses. You either need to make it more lucrative for air to farm amongst themselves or less lucrative to farm infantry.
  10. Nogrim313

we need clouds, target acquisition is just too easy. adding in clouds makes targets harder to spot (or requires friendlies on the ground spotting for you)

it would add a soft layer of cover for both air and infantry and would allow those A2A pilots a bit of breathing room to stay high and keep the air clear.

the air game needs height to function properly and if we arent going to get increased flight ceilngs then we need artifical ways to create that feeling of height and the easiest way is a few sets of cloud layers.

static placed clouds imho are the best way to adjust the air game (performance is the question)
    dynamic clouds would probably be costly and would need a weather system and not really help as much with base design
    where as static clouds could also tie in with a weather system (darken for storms etc) and be placed like a cover prop when designing the air aspects of a base
  11. Predator01cz

I think I saw a guy with the Duster yesterday (for the first time)

Many lols were had

That thing is almost as rare as the C85 Canister
  12. JackD

Funny, already read the same claims a year ago and its pretty much ********. Air got permanently nerfed against infantry. Zepher, Dalton, Shredder, Rocket Pods, Tankbuster and ESF Noseguns recived multiple nerfes in multiple patches.

Go complain somewhere else, this thread isnt about your inability to go inside a building.
    • Up x 1
  13. Dead soldier

More CREATIVE?
    VS: How about lancer-like weapon fore VS that travels very fast and does some splash like the dalton. Sounds like something very futuristic and techno--No how about a dubstep sounding gun like from Saints Row 4? One Normal mode spammy at a fire rate of 100 and does 2/3 damage of 1 zepher shot or 1 level of charge doing 2/3 damage of a dalton that takes 3 seconds to charge up. Ammo would be something like 8/48. Charge would be 2 shots, normally would be 1.

TR: Cluster grenades. Shoots 1 shot per mag, slow reload. Does 1000 initial damage, 1000 direct, 1000 splash at 1 meter, 1 at 5 meters. After initial explosion, shoots out 4 grenades in different directions. Just like normal frag grenade. Can be certed and do smoke grenades, flash grenades, or Decoy grenades. Could also maybe be certed to increase number of grenades fired.

NC: Zepher and dalton had a baby? 3 shots per mag. Each shots does 2/3 damage of dalton, has some bloom to it, nothing like duster though. Has a very scary sound and long reload.

NC: Could also just do an ultimate dalton. 5 second reload and does 1.5 times the damage of the dalton. 1000 damage at 1.5 meters and 1 damage at 4 meters. Must have a very menacing sound if added.
  14. Norbeb

New Empire Specific Belly Gun These are now NS

TR: Duster Zepher variant that has a larger magazine and higher RPM, but does less damage each shot. Each shot increases cone of fire, allowing it to spray a large area with shells "from range" Working like thay made it.
  15. Levtech

I have put quite a few hours in a lib since the patch, no one seen using the duster yet.
  16. Fangry

Libs with duster is easy prey for skyguards
  17. Ransurian

I'm all for buffing the Duster's AI. If it gets more people to use it as opposed to the Zephyr / Dalton, I'm a happy tanker. Sick of invincible Liberators hovering around the perimeter of a fight to screw with me while I'm trying to hunt enemy vehicles.
  18. Fangry

We dont need more lib AI weapons, or lib weapons period for that matter
    IF they ever should add a weapon, it should be shredder with flak
  19. Regpuppy

I'll never get why some people feel the need to be immediately hostile and resort to a typical "L2Play" comment so quickly. It doesn't even apply in this case since it's missing the point of my post entirely.

Nowhere did I say anything about the power of Air vs ground. I was referring to the guys whos post I quoted about needing a flak gun for the lib, to which I replied the shredder servers said purpose well enough. The context of my whole post was about liberators, and to some extent ESF's, having less incentive to fight other air units. Because farming infantry is easier and more lucrative than fighting other air. Infantry is numerous and all over the place, air targets aren't. So people are less inclined to spec out AA focused air vehicles.
  20. Blackinvictus

Tried to be subjective and have used it on more than one occasion..it's a terrible piece of crap. Not one single positive. Well maybe it sounds cool to fire.

Zephyr outperforms it in EVERY single regard and that's saying something there, lol.

Don't waste money or certs on this one!