Unusual ways of getting killed

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Pikachu, Apr 2, 2014.

1. NovaAustralis

"crushed me"
    "corner of his Vanguard"
    "his main cannon"

if you know what I mean... ;)

OnT: It's 'unusual' to exit an aircraft and fall from the landing pad to the hard dirt...

EDIT: Damn! Beaten to the punch by JorgeSarcos! ;)
    • Up x 1
  2. KnightCole

So the Laughter killed you, not the Galaxy..duh!:D:eek:
  3. JudgeDeath

Combine Magrider with a pebble, bushes, wall, grain of sand, other friendly vehicles and you get spectacular explosions.
  4. KnightCole

Does a guy I put like 50 rounds into count as an odd way to die? I think so.
  5. NovaAustralis

"guy"
    "50 rounds into"

Ok... I'll stop.
    ;)
    • Up x 2
  6. Pelojian

today defending a biolab doing Anti-Armor, AA duty NC was using the jump pads to get in somehow one of them got stuck mid air a fair distance away from the landing pad so i did the right thing i gunned him down to relieve him of his weightlessness and inability to move.
  7. Prudentia

unusual ways to get kills:
    Flew in my Stealth scythe on esamir a long time ago (Miller).
    suddenly Daddy after burns from below me and i hear a "chunk".
    Extreme menance kill
    Reaver kill
    You killed [Matti4ce]
    and Daddy bailed
    still don't understand how that happened (for the record: it's a haltone/purple lumifiber Scythe, you can't get more stealthy than that)

also:
    Throwing a C4 trough a window. dying from a sniper with C4. when luck is against you :(
    • Up x 2
  8. IamDH

I saw my legs and died of shock
    • Up x 2
  9. smokemaker

When we could still eject from a damaged ESF.

Damaged about to blow, I eject into a large dog fight of ESf's, as a lt assault, I hold altitude for a sec to find a landing spot only to be splattered by another esf.

Oh and the random wreckage dropping from above in the fricking middle of nowhere.
    • Up x 1
  10. KnightCole

Derp...no..just no...:eek:
  11. BengalTiger

Yesterday I rammed an enemy Galaxy with my own.

It got crushed against the flight ceiling and exploded.
    Its debris killed me just a second later.
    • Up x 5
  12. Latrodectus

I've told this story like three times before, so reposting from another thread:

• Up x 23
  13. JP_Russell

You sure there weren't two mines? I place two regularly when setting traps just to ensure the kill on the flak users.
  14. gloowa

Jumping while standing on an friendly engie turret AND being crouched will insta gib you, while giving friendly fire and friendly kill to the turret's owner.

Magrider has this little bump on it's bottom, like a half of a water drop, if it touches the ground, and you are moving faster than ~20 kph it explodes.

Enemy vehicle debris has a tendency to jump on you like a hungry tiger and insta gib your vehicle.

I shot down enemy ESF flying over friendly forces by ramming my Harraser into it. (thank you turbo button)
  15. NovaAustralis

Epic!

EPIC!
    • Up x 1
  16. Devrailis

A large number of doorways used to have a slight bump across their thresholds. Most people would never notice them. But if you MAX charged over those bumps you would take a small amount of damage. I used to get myself killed MAX charging into doorways and hitting those small bumps in the floor. :mad:
    • Up x 3
  17. Kaegix

I rode my flash behind a mountain and ran straight into an NC armor column filled with HAs, Vanguards, and Lightnings. I drove around inside the NC armor column, and surprisingly the only thing that actually killed me was a friendly flash that ran into me that came out of nowhere
    • Up x 5
  18. andy_m

Drop Pod onto Spawn Bacon at Quartz Ridge, the eastern ridge, to join my squad mates for a bit of sniping.

No control over the Drop Pod and it put me down the slope a little bit.

I couldn't walk or jump up the slope and I slid right down to the bottom, right into the middle of about 10 enemy infrantry.

Funny thing was, it took a little bit of time for a) them to really notice me and b) me to at least draw my pistol and have a go... I just stood there like a rabbit in the headlights...

edit:- actually... not that unusual I suppose...
  19. Sovereign533

I don't really have a weird death, but more of a weird kill.
    Way back near release of the game, I got in a A2AM Reaver. Locked on to a scythe and launched the missile, as I launched the missile the scythe got destroyed leaving the missile without a target. It spun about 120 degrees downangle and flew straight into an enemy Lightning, killing it in 1 hit.

Well, got a few 'weird' deaths. Like hitting a pebble with a tank, flipping it over. Or being front and rear ended in a Lightning by 2 Vanguards (=instant death btw)
    • Up x 2
  20. Robertooooo

I have managed to get roadkilled by my own magrider one time :D