Unusual ways of getting killed

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Pikachu, Apr 2, 2014.

1. Pikachu

Post some events where you got killed in some unusual way. A few days ago I got killed in my flash by cayotte missiles. o_O

Perhaps I should add that today I died from an AI mine while wearing full flak. Like it gave no protection.
    • Up x 4
  2. -Synapse-

Touching a wall in just the right way left me face down in the mud, with no pulse.
    • Up x 4
  3. SenEvason

I was running in front of a vehicle pad when an ally spawned a Mag. It drove over me and I couldn't move for a bit, and I was then rocketed into a cliff face 100m away at 500km/h and splattered against it.
    • Up x 8
  4. JorgeSarcos

I got killed by a higbying drop pod...
    [IMG]

And i killed someone with a concussion nade... xD
    [IMG]
    • Up x 6
  5. SpcFarlen

Hoped out of a Prowler to repair and a Flash came by. No it wasnt a road kill. I exited right as the flash was at the spot of exit... so i was pushed under the ground and fell under the world.

Which raises the question... why does Moss Basin Mineshaft exist if there is nothing under the surface to mine? o_O
    • Up x 8
  6. ColonelChingles

Why do you think it's abandoned? They got everything out already.

EVERYTHING
    • Up x 19
  7. Dieter Perras

Getting stuck on the map screen after being revived is a favorite of mine it seems :rolleyes:.

or trying to throw a grenade over a high railing and having it ricochet off said railing just right to land right under you.

OR there's that time I jumped on top of a liberator to C4 it and suddenly realized I must've not had the resources for C4 as the liberator took off and apparently road killed me...

or hitting a galaxy with my drop pod and "suiciding" while dealing no damage to the gal.

As you can see I've got a long list
  8. Tommyp2006

I had one today, pulled a skyguard, came off the pad right behind another guy who pulled a skyguard at an amp station, we bumped into each other a bit due to the no control when rolling off the pad thing, I turned and went the opposite direction, and we both spontaneously combusted, saying we killed each other. No idea why.
    • Up x 1
  9. TheReaperKing82

The other day I was killed by a friendly flash because the guy driving it bailed off at full speed and it ended up running me over....
  10. TheStonehawk

I just had a random galaxy crash on top of me in the middle of nowhere today.
    Just walking and the sky gets dark, I look up? WHAM!

I couldn't help it, I started dying laughing. I was like a frigging goomba from mario. XD
    • Up x 7
  11. LibertyRevolution

My magrider touched a staircase at 2kph and instantly exploded. Suicide.
    I think they should adopt the battlefield 3 message "bad luck" instead of suicide..
    • Up x 1
  12. Bankrotas

My outfitmate crushed me into corner of his Vanguard with his main cannon.
    • Up x 2
  13. Lueyja2

Killing an enemy drop pod with my drop pod in midair.
    • Up x 4
  14. Flavo

Body slamming into a friendly ESF that was speeding by while I was using a jump pad.
    • Up x 4
  15. JorgeSarcos

[IMG]
    • Up x 17
  16. Paperlamp

My favorite is still having a friendly engineer's turret spawning in instantly kill me.
  17. Syrathin

Same thing happened to me but I didn't die, It just redirected me to land outside the walls and was promptly shot by a TR but I landed with perfect health and shields.
    • Up x 2
  18. Bulltahr

Running into an AA turret barrel when trying to hop into the turret. Killed me.
    • Up x 3
  19. ColonelChingles

There was one time when I was fooling around with the Stalker cloak. I had just finished retrograde maneuvers (ie running away) and was sitting perfectly quiet at the top of some elevators.

But just as my luck would have it my teammates got swept away as well (probably had nothing to do with my cowardice), and I found myself surrounded by the enemy as they gathered at the top of the elevator to shoot down at my buddies below.

"Okay... stay calm... if you don't move they can't see you" I said to myself.

And then I saw... the Engineer.

Now you're probably thinking that he had a Darklight or something. Nope. He was running out with a Bouncing Betty, probably aiming to mine the elevator in case any pesky TR tried going up it.

Unfortunately that was the elevator that I was standing beside.

I couldn't run away, couldn't pop that Engineer (was also surrounded by infantry and MAXes), couldn't even avert my gaze from impending doom.

Seemed like everything went into slow motion as that Engineer got closer. "No, don't do it," I tried to silently communicate to him, "you bloody fool, you'll kill us all!"

And then... well, you can guess what happened. One dead TR Infiltrator surrounded by 5 mangled NC bodies and a few stunned MAXes. Must have been a confusing scene for the first Medics who arrived. Sadly all those dead bodies up there weren't followed up by a gallant charge from the TR below so that my death could have meant something.
    • Up x 10
  20. MrScrubbypants

There was that one time I drop podded onto a friendly galaxy full of squadmates during an alert, killing both me and everyone in the Gal.

Oops.
    • Up x 3