[Suggestion] So can these galaxy issues be looked at before the valkyrie comes out?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Cswic, Apr 1, 2014.

1. Cswic

So since it seems the galaxy roadmap is off the table until after the valkyrie comes out, figure Sept 2014 at the earliest, can we at least have some key issues dealt with?

1) Spawn locations. Right now you can only pull a galaxy at 2 places per continent, your WG and a techplant.
    As a result, these are "outfit" vehicles. As in, your average player in a random squad is never going to redeploy to a techplant or WG to load up in a galaxy. It just won't happen.

Those players still pull ESFs and libs though because they have many spawn locations throughout the map. The valkyrie is likely going to be able to be pulled from many all air terminals as well resulting in it being "the galaxy of the pubs".

Suggestion: Let galaxies be pulled from biolabs and amp stations in addition to Techplants and WG. For the sake of "flavor", towers should be deemed too small to spawn a galaxy or whatever so keep them unable to.

2) Galaxy only having 1 utility slot that's worthwhile. If you're using flares on a galaxy you either make a habit of flying into lockon nests and doing a jig, or you're a new pilot who doesn't know that flares suck for a galaxy.

Suggestion: Don't really know, just know that flares for galaxy = crap.

3) Not having a "drop button". Seriously, this has been asked for since the game came out probably. Why am I still sitting here "lock dropping" guys.

Suggestion: You hit pagedown, you have a list of all the seats like normal and each has a checkbox next to it. Each seat that is checked will drop when you hit your drop button.

4) Comp armor. Same thing as flares here. It is not competitive with nano repair and the bonus it gives is quite garbage otherwise. Lib version was deemed to be garbage and not competitive and was buffed accordingly. Gal comp armor was ignored when it needs to be brought up to par with gal nano repair. No I am not saying "make galaxy armor a carbon copy of lib armor".

Suggestion: Up the resistance to flak, throw some lockon resist on there, and give it some resist to ESF noseguns or light ordinance possibly. Tankshells vs galaxy is in a good place right now, don't screw with that.

5) The repair "hitbox" is very hit or miss currently. You have to stand near the middle to be able to rep. It's a giant vehicle, please increase the repair hitbox size.

6) Racer frame could use the same love that lib racer and ESF racer got. Right now the minor speed increase isn't really worth it considering the amount of maneuverability you give up by not taking one of the other 2 frames.

TL;DR:

1) Let galaxies be spawned from amp stations and biolabs in addition to techplants and WG.
    2) Think up another useful utility slot please. This is not as big a deal as others, but flares provide very little benefit to galaxies.
    3) Make a freakin' drop button already.
    4) Comp armor is crap. Comp armor needs to be on par with nano repair.
    5) Make "repair hitbox" larger.
    6) Buff the racer airframe to be on par with high G and precision. You did it for ESF and Lib, stop ignoring the galaxy.

Don't say you aren't ignoring it, you are. A person just has to look at the roadmap and recent announcements to see that.
    • Up x 44
  2. tZonkD

Solid suggestions all around, thumbs up. Especially that checkboxes+drop button idea is awesome.

As for utility, why not give em air versions of the proxy sunderers utils, repair and ammo. How hard can that be? they already use a sphere radius on the sundy version so it should mainly be a matter of allowing that certline & codepath for the galaxy too. Aaaaaand: afterburner! not too serious; i would love it but.. well.

The CA boost the lib got would make more sense on the gal then the lib tbh as its bigger and slower thus get hit easier by "non aa". Dont get me wrong i love my lib CA atm, but i would love it even more on my galaxy. Get to it SoE, pretty please!

The repair thing is on all vehicles; i think its checking towards the origin rather than the hitbox. Most vehicles are too small for it to matter, but its clearly noticeable on libs and downright broken on gals.
    • Up x 1
  3. Lightwolf

Yes
    • Up x 1
  4. LibertyRevolution

I vote no to all this.

Gals are too strong already for their resource cost.
    As it stands right now they are better than a sunderer in every way, yet cost less.
    • Up x 1
  5. Lightwolf

can we spawn zergs?
  6. IamnotAmazing

anyone that says gals are too strong is fooling themselves, libs wreck them, and several esf's wreck them, and flak wrecks them

the only use is pure fun
    • Up x 4
  7. Cswic

Back, back you. You need to post your reply in the "buff galaxy threads" rather than the QoL change galaxy threads silly.
    • Up x 3
  8. LibertyRevolution

Libs only wreck gals if they are flown by bad pilots with no gunners.
    Serveral ESF wreck everything, and cost 50 resouces less than a gal each, so what is you point?
    Flak only tickles gals, they can pwn a dual burster max with a bulldog, while an engineer reps it..

I didn't have a problem with gals until I started playing on mattherson, then I got a lesson in how OP they are.
    Sunderers have almost been retired there, every base has 2-4 gals with engineers repping, the things are damn near indestructible.
    You just cant get enough DPS into them before they bulldog you to death. If you have less than 4 guys hitting it, you are screwed.

TR battle gals roam the sky downing libs and esf while bombing ground with bulldogs on mattherson.
    They fly gals there like waterson uses libs.

I know it sounds crazy.. but teamwork is strait OP.
  9. Cswic

^ Then Mattherson pilots must fly libs like they fly drop pods....straight into the ground

[IMG]
    • Up x 6
  10. Halon

[IMG]

I'd like the Galaxy to get looked at before the Valkyrie.

Repair hitboxes need an entire functionality pass, lib, sundy, etc.
    Ejection failures where you still get the gal momentum, or drop normally but die on landing, or getting hit by the gal in flight.
    The tailgun could stand to get some firing angle improvements.
    Also when friendlies/enemies ram my gal, why does their debris turn into a black hole of death at the very center inside my gal?
    • Up x 5
  11. Nogrim313

1) Agree

2) agree but pretty sure were waiting till the gal update to flesh out the options with all kinds of goodies (at nearly 2 years in the god damn well better)

3) not that big an issue, id rather give my squad the option to drop when they feel is best than force dropping them to their deaths

4) i think the best solution for composite armor is just a flat HP increase (would synergize with auto repair)

5) all vehicles should have this looked at ( the mag would be a lot less deadly to its friendly engineers if we didnt have to get under the damn things)

6) agree

the gal needs love before the new shiny toy shows up or no one will bother using them.
    • Up x 1
  12. Prudentia

My biggest concern with my Skywhale atm is Debris. i get killed more by Mossies and Reavers i ram and then get instagibbed by then anything else.
    Also how about some Intakes which look remotely good? i'm using the overcharge one, because they all look tacked on but atleast the overcharge IS tacked on.
    • Up x 2
  13. Kid Gloves

Personally I think Galaxies should be available at any air terminal, for the same reason they decided to make sunderers spawnable from every vehicle terminal.

PS2 isn't a game about big, arcing strategies. It's a game about pushing from your current location up the lattice line. The moment anyone goes more than a base-hop or two away to get something, they're doing it wrong. I wish it wasn't the case, but it is. This is why Galaxy should be available from the same place as liberator, ESF and valkyrie.

Yes. But this is basically asking for the Galaxy Update, and we all know that's a stupid thing to ask for. :D

Personally I'd like to be able to bind a key that auto-ejects every single passenger (not gunner). I'd bind 'fire' because I hardly use the pilot gun on my Galaxy. Again, though, this looks too much like Gal Update stuff...

Comp.Armor is indeed in the same place as flares, but then Galaxies do have a bucketload of hp - meaning they've always been better at hanging around battlefields. So I'm not sure if a buff to comp. is a good idea. In fact, the role of comp. on the Galaxy needs to be reviewed - and probably totally replaced with something more like a Vanguard's shield instead.

Again... galaxy update...

Now this one should be done yesterday. This is just stupidly frustrating.

Agreed, but .... galaxy update.

And remember, Galaxy Update has been downgraded to 'Soon(tm)' - if we're lucky, we'll see some of these things implemented by Fall 2015?
    • Up x 1
  14. Cswic

^ The reason why I mention comp armor and particularly racer frame is because those are things that are crap on all air vehicles and should have ALL been buffed / fixed at once.

The way they are doing them 1 at a time every few months is asinine.
    • Up x 5
  15. Lightwolf

seconded
    • Up x 1
  16. Kadulu

1) Good
    2) Maybe a longer resist to lock on when the flare is activated. Or multiple flares in order for this moduleto be competitive
    3) Definitely need that. I would add a function for the players to see the area under the gal where they are dropping (the third person isn't enough right now, players never know where they are dropping.)
    4) Comp armor seems fine to me. If the gal is too tough it will become a fully offensive vehicle with all its weapons. Maybe adding evasion solutions to the gal may be a better idea.
    5) TOTALLY
    6) Good
    • Up x 1
  17. Fangry

Galaxy can only be spawned at Tech and Warp cause its the only bases big enough to accommodate such a large vehicle
    In PS1 there is 1 Galaxy spawn Base on each cont (much like Esamir..)
  18. khai

I want more options in how you can use the Gal. I know that they don't want to put the AMS in as much as I would like them too but can we have the wing shields back at least.
    • Up x 1
  19. Bortasz

No. I like that galaxy is the outfit center vehicle. It is only vehicle that is Outfit center.

Agree.

Agree

Galaxy is alredy hard to kill/

Agree

Agree.
  20. Cswic

Just to clarify for people who say something like "galaxy is already hard to kill" that's sort of beside the point.

The point is that comp armor needs to be competitive with nano repair in some way. It does not necessarily have to make it harder to kill, but it has to be on par with nano rep.
    • Up x 2