Forcing players to have missions is a bad idea

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Forkyar24, Mar 27, 2014.

1. Forkyar24

Soe forcing players to have missions is a bad idea, should be optional and I don't like getting advertisement in the form of squad invite, highly annoying for both advertisement and missions forced on me, not a happy camper.
    • Up x 10
  2. SenEvason

Does it force you to carry out the mission, or does it just show up as a direction on your screen?
    • Up x 3
  3. bPostal

You're not being forced to do anything. You can respond to the missions (and reap their rewards, once they get finalized) or ignore them and go about your day.
    • Up x 13
  4. Brasil

it pollutes the hud.
    • Up x 8
  5. faykid

It is too early to judge. Also, you can ignore missions and pop-ups. Frequency of ads was a bug anyway.
    • Up x 2
  6. Tommyp2006

I wish it was not persistently on the hud, I'd like it to go away when I'm not looking at it, or at least have the option to turn it off.
    • Up x 4
  7. The Rogue Wolf

There's no "forcing". You're entirely free to ignore missions.
    This, though, I agree with. Some folks aren't interested and would rather have an uncluttered HUD, and that marker is a little obnoxious. Options are good.
    • Up x 7
  8. JorgeSarcos

I would like it to work when i log in...

[IMG]

[IMG]

like... having a sense of whats going on you know? lol
    • Up x 4
  9. Luighseach

Yeah I just wish I had the option to turn off the indicator. Honestly though after playing for awhile I stopped noticing it.

Overall Missions are just a way to hold new players hands when it comes to where to go. I mean it changes to were your going or where your fighting. It is a few 15% more xp. Don't know why people are hating on the system other than the mildly obnoxious indicator.
  10. Noktaj

Have you joined a squad lately?
    You are FORCED to follow your leader mission in the form of the Mission Hud replacing ENTIRELY the base status (points flipping and capture timer) of the base YOU are in thus FORCING you to be in the same base of your leader ALL THE TIME if you want to have the faintest clue of what's going on in the base.

If this is not forcing, what is?
    • Up x 5
  11. Rift23

Upgrade Now!

--Your mission.
    • Up x 3
  12. zukhov

Err..... why would you join a squad and not be fighting in the same base as the squad leader? And who is forcing you to join a squad?
    • Up x 3
  13. FishMcCool

Being in the process of learning to fly ESFs, the mission indicator is great as an additional waypoint for navigation. :)
  14. Bankrotas

Well then it's doing a ******* good job.
  15. siiix

lets not split hairs, its an addiction thing, and developers bank on that
  16. Tuco

Just ignore it, like everyone in WWIIONLINE ignores missions as well. But you know SOE is "reinventing MMORPG".
  17. JudgeDeath

Ehm ... o_O

Just a reminder that the "missions" are just notifications to defend or attack the next base in the lattice etc ..

You are not "Forced" into them By any means.
    • Up x 2
  18. Wecomeinpeace

As they are completely useless in their current "alpha" form how about an OPTION to turn them off then?

This isn't a friggin' console game, this lack of options everywhere is pathetic. If you want additonal noises and screen clutter, fine, I DON'T. And there is no reason at all except lazyness on the devs part why there isn't an option to turn these off.
  19. ashen

On the one hand, it promotes zerging, on the other hand, it encourages large fights and tells new players clearly where to go.

I think overall it's a positive change, though the people who benefit are newbies who are unlikely to ever post on or visit these forums (and yet a large proportion of the audience SOE want). Given it is a bit of a complicated game to get into, since you need a strategic understanding as well as twitch skills, if they can make changes to make the game more accessible, it makes sense.
  20. HadesR

I don't feel forced to do them, but an option to turn off the HUD indicator would be nice .. If I don't want to do a mission then I shouldn't need to have to look at the icon ..
    • Up x 1