Recursion Real Time Stat Tracker - Beta is now open to the public

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Exploding Fist, Jan 19, 2014.

1. John_Aitc

Is there a statement SOE Support or the Planetside Team that this overlay has been white listed? I understand that these are allowed API calls, but the app looks like an overlay to the game. Isn't that the same idea as cheat tools similar to 'Always Day"?
  2. Lewk

The Friday Night OPs people use it, so i would assume it is safe ;)

*edit* Just to be clear, this program is essentially the players.planetside2.com website, it pulls the same information (uses the API that SoE has given to the public) and is just programmed to play sounds when certain events take place. At no point does it actually hook into your game. You could use this program with ANY player, just the same as you can look up any player on players.planetside2.com and spam refresh to see their killboard.

But i understand some people aren't very tech savvy and don't understand the basics of these things , at which point they would be cautious. The only caution you would need to have is about the creators of the program and it not containing malicious software such as a keylogger, not whether or not SoE would consider this a 3rd party program.
    • Up x 1
  3. AzureKnight

Two things:

1) If I were to download this, is there a way to increase transparency of what shows in game? Even with my resolution, that box loks like it would take up a good rough 5th of the screen and I much rather would like to see what's in the sky while fighting on the ground.

2) Those TR on that biolab pad we some of the dumbest I've ever seen. I mean, that MAX just sat there while people around him were dieing.
  4. Gammit

Or, some of us are tech savvy, and just don't want to take somebody's word for it until we get the official all-clear.
    • Up x 1
  5. Lewk

That is like saying "I don't want to use players.planetside2.com while playing the game until we get the official all-clear". The API is from SoE, it is no different than using the official players website. If you are tech savvy enough to understand what an API is, and that it was released by SoE, and that the stat tracker is simply a players.planetside2.com killboard that plays sounds on certain events, then you would not be waiting for an "official all-clear". It has already been mentioned, but they have used/promoted the stat tracker during Friday Night OPs , etc.
  6. AnuErebus

• Up x 1
  7. Klypto

When I enable the overlay so that I can see it and set it in transparent mode, my FPS totaly tanks by like 40%.

Is that unavoidable?

This thing is great. It greatly increases my awareness of who I kill / am killed by multiple times. The audio cues add a lot fun factor points onto this game.
  8. NCDaniel

Will give it a try when I get home from work. Great job.
  9. BillBoBaggins

Don't understand why you have to create a account.
  10. AnuErebus

The current overlay isn't intended to be used ontop of the actual game screen which is why you see such a performance hit. I believe there are possible plans for an overlay to use in game, but the current one is simply there for streamers who can use stream settings to run it in the background without it impacting their game window.
  11. Sledgecrushr

I run the stat tracker on my second screen and just absolutely love the voice pack. This is one of the coolest things you can have for planetside and it is absolutely free right now.
    • Up x 1
  12. Gammit

13. TheKhopesh

I don't understand. What unacceptable advantage could one gain via real-time info like this?
  14. Klypto

No advantage.

But if 5000 people are asking SOE's servers WHAT IS THE LATEST STATUS OF X PLAYERS KILL FEEDS AND EVENTS like ever half a second they might get bogged down from not being able to handle all the API calls from the app.

Personally I don't think their stuff is lacking in the robust department, but who knows.
  15. TheKhopesh

Ah, makes sense.

Thanks.
  16. NinjaTurtle

Would it be possible to add different voices to the "announcer"

A Morgan Freeman mode, Brian Blessed or Arnold Schwarzenegger would be incredible as examples if you are unaware Brian Blessed look him up. There are a couple players in the community that are very good at these impressions (Freeman and schwarzenegger) who may be willing to help out though that is just speculation on my part.

Can you not see how cool it would be to have Morgan in all the chaos with his voice of velvet say in his most philosophical tone "welcome to Planetside"
    • Up x 2
  17. Gammit

Good idea!

For now, I would just like the option to change the UI. It's very blocky. Think I'll try to investigate this.
  18. Cross

The main client, no.

The overlay, yes absolutely. There are some other images on our forums you can use, or you can design your own.
    You also have the option of drag and dropping components on the overlay or turning specific fields off.
    • Up x 1
  19. NCwolf84

Now for someone like me who plays medic a lot and doesn't kill much is there any benefit to me using this program? or does it only track kills?
  20. Degenatron

Do you have a thread about this app on the API forums?