SOE Maintenance Notice: Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Ashlanne, Mar 25, 2014.

1. Ashlanne SOE Community Team Project Manager

Important: We will perform maintenance beginning at 8:00 AM Pacific* on March 26, 2014. We expect this maintenance to take approximately 2 hours. This will impact the following services:

- Login for Free Realms and Clone Wars Adventures players will be impacted starting at 8:00 AM to approximately 10:00 AM PDT*

- Free Realms and Clone Wars Adventures players who are already logged in may be disconnected and unable to log back in starting at 8:00 AM to approximately 10:00 AM PST*

- Account management may be unavailable starting at 8:00 AM to approximately 10:00 AM PDT*

- Commerce transactions, including purchases on our websites and in-game marketplaces may be unavailable between 8:00 AM and approximately 10:00 AM PDT*.

- Login for all SOE forums may be affected, you may lose permissions and experience occasional disconnects between 8:00 AM and approximately 10:00 AM PDT*.
  2. RyanGUK

Is this for optimization? Intro of the new membership model?
  3. QFAN

PST vs PDT
  4. Lafladitu

I think its cause Landmark is going to closed beta stage
    • Up x 1
  5. ScrapyardBob

Landmark going to closed beta started on Tuesday(?) and it has been a (planned) multi-day outage. So if it is related, it might only be coincidence.
  6. Kirdra

Haha I was just about to say this.
    Beta flood will cause login server havoc.
  7. JudgeNu

What is Landmark? what are we talking about here?
  8. Teoke

Everquest Next: Landmark, The game where us players help the devs design the Everquest world
    • Up x 1
  9. JudgeNu

Ahh.
    Sounds like fun.
    I did see a video with something about that but I did not know it would be before the game is released.
    I thought it was an in-game feature.

I doubt ill play EQN.
    I like to customize the looks of my toon to be unique, stand out amongst mortals.
    I don't fancy the looks of the toons and it doesn't seem I will have any choice other than which class I want.

If I go back to mmorpg ill either get back to TSW, Rift, or Aion.
    Maybe play Black Desert
    But if it's just another mmorpg....blah.
  10. PastalavistaBB

SOE should start the update at least 2 hours before the given time. RIP EU Prime Time...
  11. Hegenov

Could you please sort out your time format? It is quite anoing to reed time in "Pacific time", "Central European Time" etc
    I believe that everyone know in with time zone they live so if you could post time with GMT info like 12:00 GMT-8 would be much better than PDT, and anyone can translate it to his own timezone in no time ;)
    • Up x 1
  12. PastalavistaBB

Time Zone Converter – Time Difference Calculator
  13. Kunavi

Back to TSW...? Are you feeling OK lately? :ppp You might want to get that checked! Do people even play that any more? I jump in only to spend my Veteran Points and FCPs as I read a long while back that they are forfeited if not collected and spent. I've bought all the DLC(Issues I think they call them) so far this way and not even played one of them. I spin the cam a bit, check new clothes... That's all. Also it's P2W now from what I hear, you can even buy APs and SPs with $.
  14. MichaelS

well, I would have called it a engine demo for EQNext, but its kind of a minecraft with small blocks and a lot of limitations on where you can actually build stuff. but there are a ton of impressing buildings made.
  15. Regpuppy

The swing from GMT to US time is pretty severe, so it doesn't make sense to do it that way for everyone. On the other hand, I can keep track of 4 US time zones off the top of my head. :p
  16. triangle

Maybe you should read the first post before replying. There's with no word mentioned that it affects the PS2 game servers.
  17. Aircool

Huh.... PST is Z -8, PDT is Z -7. It's not really hard to work out the time wherever you live. You have to remember two numbers, that's all.
  18. LibertyRevolution

They should stop doing daylight saving time and all times world wide should be in GMT.
    Also, the imperial system is archaic and should be phased out.. can we please all move to metric.
    • Up x 3
  19. GoyoElGringo

lol to both of those things
  20. Wildside

This. A thousand times this. UTC would be best, but GMT would also do. Anything but all these local timezones that are meaningless except for the locals.