PS2 Updates and Valkyrie Reveal

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Mar 24, 2014.

1. AuntLou42

I think it's outstanding that you came to these doubts that it isn't coming anytime soon especially considering the obvious evidence that it wasn't. o_O
    • Up x 1
  2. videogamer22

cant wait the new Valkyrie looks cool, plus i really am likeing the game rigght meow so i will check the test server a lot more now
  3. Gav7x

lel esf hunting with 2 annihilator heavies
  4. 10thRMDredd

So many outfits pop on Vietnam war music whilst they ride in their galaxies etc to the drop.
    Now they can dangle their feet and have the wind...and tracers through their hair.
    With the right pilot that thing will do magic stuff.
    Looks really really exciting Matt.

Th epic story of planetside 2 and the exchange between loyal players and dev's continues.
    Thanks for al of it SOE.
    I hope it is going well for you $ wise.
    Lots of 'players' that use your amazing game dont actually buy anything.
    Best of luck.
    • Up x 1
  5. doombro

Sign me up!
  6. WALLAC3

I wonder if they'll ever bring in a Navy aspect like back in Planetside 1 (at least with amphibious vehicles). Maybe make some offshore / island base off Hossin or something that you can protect with said Naval vessals. Maybe make some Naval vessals that can launch long range camera guided (or remote laser designated) missiles from. Throw in an underwater submarine element to it too and that'd be super badass. Give the flyboys something else to tempt them which keeps them away from the ground battles a bit...
  7. DirArtillerySupport

Well for a change what if they released this vehicle as a useless generic tinfoil coffin and then slowly buffed it into a well balanced part of the game? I would be curious to see what would upset the players most.
  8. Desann

Also, I would like to see alien-tech vehicles/weapons brought back.

Flail
    Switchblade
    Router
    Phantom

Oh and we need a L O A D S T A R!!!!!!!!!
  9. BobSanders123

MOAR EMPIRE SPECIFIC VEHICLES!
  10. o.Solei.o

I am VERY excited to see this! My outfit mates and I used to use Libs for this purpose in PS1, so it's really nice to see an actual dedicated vehicle for this in PS2! (That and it looks damn cool too. Kinda like a pint-sized version of the troop transports from Clone Wars.) I myself have really enjoyed being a light transport pilot in other games, so it's nice to have something more maneuverable than the space-whale that is the Galaxy.

For the haters:

You guys actually play the game, right? Rumble seats in Harassers are nowhere near OP. You can use MAX weapons, lock-on launchers, repair tools, and mines from them... and yet that isn't what makes the powerful. Repairs are at ~30% strength from inside, weapons are hell to aim when you're moving, and mines wind up being so spread out that they become relatively useless. (If you don't kill with the first mine, you can be sure the rest will get cleared with tank-shells.)

A few scenarios, if you will:

ESF on your six. Your pilot...

...turns to give a broadside from a lock-on launcher. ESF flares and continues firing. Valkyrie destroyed.

...turns to give a broadside from a lock-on launcher. ESF shoots heavy-assault out of the rumble seat and continues firing. Valkyrie destroyed.

...turns to give a broadside from a flak-max. ESF dodges out of it's firing arc and continues firing. Both vehicles maneuver, better pilot wins.

...turns to give a broadside from a flak-max. ESF shoots MAX out of the rumble seat and continues firing. Valkyrie destroyed.

Flak is lighting you up. Your two engineers in the back keep repairing. Your pilot doesn't immediately bug-out. Your two engineers in the back eat enough flack to die and fall out of rumble seats. Valkyrie destroyed.
  11. IamDH

I forgot that he had specified the date. My sentence still indicates the same meaning

Can we please stop speaking about this? Alright, i might of said something incorrectly or misworded it but lets move on
  12. Vultre9

Ok, so what you guys need to do is make ESF's be fast like actual planes/jets and have this be the new attack chopper. Needs to be shorter in my opinion also.
    • Up x 2
  13. daniel696

This aircraft must be really different from the others, make it like a helicopter.
  14. DirArtillerySupport

I remember more than a few end-arounds involving amphibious flotillas in operations to secure small islands with large groups of deliverers and their empire specific variants. I even recall beach heads being setup with enormous amounts of CE used as diversionary logistically supported strong points to draw the enemy away from their bases. An entire outfit would secure an area close by in a ruse while another would coordinate a completely separate attack and never make use of the area or the equipment setup there. It was great fun.

All this was eliminated from the game in favour of Battlefield style out of bounds zones that we all came here to get away from. The Battlefield creators also decided to eliminate the Navy and the first thing the modders did was build large ships and submarines. I don't know why companies do this. We want combined arms and are willing to pay for it but it's like we're dealing with a very large closed one track mind.
  15. KiwiChieftaiNZ

Aren't all the air vehicles like helicopters anyway being they are all VTOL? I am really excited for this vehicle though as I love to fly as a transport pilot and this looks like an awesome vehicle, Maxes should be able to ride in the rumble seats. Anyone else think a max with a AV weapon and a burster on 1 arm would make for a good fast response vehicle
  16. daniel696

VTOL is not helicopter, try to aim down and see if you'll stay in the air, if you begin to fall then is not a helicopter, about the maxes I don't know, they should still be only in the ground.
  17. Klagmire

18. Xebov

I realy like the idea behind the Valkyrie, especialy because it brings more templay into vehicle gameplay with the need of 2 players to operate.

I hope that it will work a bit like a heavy fighter, finding a place between Liberators and ESF. For the Nosegun i hope we get moveable guns that can be moved up and down by some degree (but not straight down) and be able to be turned by 360 degrees, while having turnning up disbaled when facing backwards due to vehicle structure. I could also think of a secondary weapon for the gunner being able only to be fired in a small angle at the front, so the gunner can switch between these 2 weapons (like ESFs currently have). I could also think of build in AB like ESFs have.

The rumble seats should be limited. Repair should not be able by 100%, maybe the 30% of the Harasser can work here as well. If MAX transport is planned then MAX weapons should be disabled while in the seat so we dont get stuff like AA MAXes in the seats. I hope we will get the safe drop out of galaxys enabled by default so teams can simply jump out, without the pilot be forced to use up a slot for it.

Im looking forward to see it on the Testserver and im realy impressed.
  19. Wobberjockey

no i'm not, because the odds that the infiltrator will be able to use any weapons of those type are essentially 0
  20. Ahrimal

Which is why you're a complete DERP. You just "doubted" that it would "come out soon" when it was ******* CLEARLY STATED that it WAS NOT COMING OUT SOON. Do you not see that you just STATED THE OBVIOUS? Is that your "Prediction," since clearly some part of you DOES believe it MAY come out soon. Since you're only DOUBTING, and not CERTAIN.

Did the capitalized words make your idiocy more apparent? Or did breaking it down, "barney style" confuse you into thinking that /you/ are the smart one here.