PS2 Updates and Valkyrie Reveal

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Mar 24, 2014.

1. RadarX

You might have seen the word "Valkyrie" circulating around this weekend, but if not there is exciting news that leaked out over the weekend. Creative Director Matt Higby in a thank you to our highly engaged community provided a sneak peek at upcoming content. Take a look below:

If you want to hear about the latest news and special offers about SOE games including PlanetSide 2, opt-in here!
    • Up x 39
  2. IamDH

I seriously doubt this is coming any time soon.

I'm not trying to be negetive here but its the truth. Its an interesting idea but until something comes on PTS then no one can be really sure what this will be. My best guess is its like a quick transport vehicle which is lightly armed

Multiple balance concerns can come just from that small statement.

What if someone gets AA MAXes in the plane? What if you get a lock-on crew in there? Will 4 really be enough to buy a vehicle to transport such a small amount of troops?
    • Up x 4
  3. PlatoonLeaderG

its not comming soon...
    • Up x 7
  4. sustainedfire

Its not coming soon, he clearly states its slated for end of summer. Thats months from now.
    • Up x 1
  5. sustainedfire

Opt in where?
  6. IamDH

Which is what i said?
    Let me requote myself
    I seriously DOUBT this is coming any time soon
    • Up x 3
  7. PWGuy93

More air... ugh. The ground game is being side lined more and more
    • Up x 3
  8. Foxirus

Would really love to see more empire specific vehicles. Thanks for all the great updates though!

Also for the love of god, Please fix the flash lights/head lights. Give us more than 10m of range!
    • Up x 4
  9. Bruno Puntz Jones

They should at least answer some of the most obvious questions about it, in particular the gunner and rumble seats:

1. Can the rumble seat passengers repair the vehicle while seated and in-flight?

2. Can MAX units ride in the rumble seats; and if so, can they fire their weapons?

3. Can HA passengers fire lock-ons while seated and in-flight?

4. Can rumble seat passengers of all types throw deployables (grenades, mines, C4) from the rumble seats?
    • Up x 4
  10. RailFury

Looking forward to these updates, especially continent locking & hossin.

Valkyrie model is pretty cool looking. Hoping for a really, really tough vehicle that has minimal dmg weapons with a low flight ceiling. Would love to have the ability to have all 4 crew eject simutanously while the vehicle auto-lands as an ability.
    • Up x 1
  11. Peter Cherico

The video quite clearly states later in the summer, so I don't know what you expected. Higby goes over exactly what the aircraft will do, so all of your concerns are ridiculous. It will have the capability for Lock-on crews, and it's not a transport craft, it's a cross between the real life Apache attack helicopter and the Huey that was used in the Vietnam War.

As for AA MAXes, I assume that the Devs will code it like a Liberator, not like a Harasser, but if a Harasser has a Ranger or Walker and an AA MAX in the back, i'd like to know how many times you were killed by that combo to think it is OP. If it does has MAX seating, then how easily do you think they will be able to hit moving aircraft while going the speeds they will be going? This is a Fast Attack Jet, so i assume somewhere between Lib speed and Mossie speed, closer to the ESF speeds. a speeding target trying to hit another speeding target flying past is going to take a lot of skill. Skill is never OP.

Practice more.
    • Up x 12
  12. Bruno Puntz Jones

When is the patch coming that will bring us back to pre-death-screen client performance and stability levels?
    • Up x 3
  13. kadney

Dudes, the valkyrie is about to come in late summer. It's still nearly half a year away and more like a "look what's on the horizon" announcement. For me, the most exciting is the balance patch and then the mission system.
    • Up x 2
  14. sustainedfire

Well then your statement has a different meaning then you may think.

Though like it or not, the Valkyrie will be in game, end of Summer and in whatever state they deem it fit for release.

I would highly doubt that it allows for Maxes to take the rumble seat. And if it actually does allow for Maxes to fit in the rumbles, good, more certs for exploding a Valkyrie.

Viewing the Valkyrie from what its proposed to be, a "fast response attack vehicle", its likely this will be a light assault vehicle intended to engage infantry and other soft targets.

The occasional tank, or lib that gets gibbed from a last hit rocket will make the Valkyrie have fun moments, but its doubtful that the Valkyrie will be a strong reliable anti armor platform.
  15. Leschge

[IMG]
    • Up x 8
  16. joshuah120

Don't complain about the release being so far away, they are just trying to tell you about their new stuff they are working on. The longer they have to make it, the better it should be! (hopefully).
    • Up x 2
  17. sustainedfire

1. Yes

2. No

3. Yes

4. Yes
    • Up x 1
  18. WarmasterRaptor

Looks like a mini liberator on a diet.
    • Up x 2
  19. Jerox

I think it looks really nice and that it will be a useful addition to the game.
    As a gamer coming from Battlefield I kind of missed an aircraft that could act like a little bird or something like that, the ability to transport a small squad while still being able to hold it's own in an air fight.
  20. BoomBoom4You

Cool, looks neat.