Tired of aircrafts domination.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kristan, Mar 20, 2014.

1. Meeka

You really need to play an AA MAX.

Liberator belly guns are so accurate that they can kill you, as a MAX, no matter where you try to shoot them from in mere seconds, short of shooting from spawn rooms itself. MAXes are also short range, they don't really have long range capabilities.

And Skyguards fail at being Skyguards because it takes 3-4 clips to destroy a Liberator, yet only takes a few rounds from a Liberator to destroy a Skyguard.

The whole idea of "Air Superiority" is messed up Planetside 2. Air Superiority shouldn't exist by default, it should only exist when you exhaust the enemy's AA, which is far too easy with Liberators as is.
    • Up x 5
  2. IamnotAmazing

you have no experience, and know nothing about vehicles, your opinion does not matter, have a nice day
    • Up x 1
  3. x7xBillyDaKidx7x

3 or 4 dual bursters, with extended mags can wipe out entire air divisions ! 3 skyguards will destroy entire squadrons. You try to hard by yourself get some teamplay and go take out aircraft. You will never be able to shoot down libs by yourself .
    • Up x 2
  4. cruczi

I have recently been doing exactly that, haven't died to aircraft once yet and downed a couple of Liberators, a Galaxy and several ESF's during my few AA MAX runs. So far it seems pretty powerful, considering that few pilots are that good.

That almost never happens to be when playing a MAX or any other class, I just can't even recall the last time a Liberator daltoned me unless they were literally hovering above me.

Liberators also can't OHK a MAX with Dalton. I have near-maxed auto-repair so usually if I get a shot in the face from a tank, a rocket etc., I just take cover and wait for a while.

Yes, obviously shooting flak and ES AV rounds to render distance is short range. Yes, I have killed tanks from near vehicle render distance using Fractures.

The only times I've failed as Skyguard versus liberators were due to my own fault - I let them catch me off guard or was otherwise badly positioned, or outnumbered. Usually, Liberators are cert printers for my Skyguard.
    • Up x 2
  5. Meeka

I guess, I can sum up an entire response by saying, "You don't play on Mattherson, do you?" Where there's more competent pilots, and hell of a lot of elite pilots so the OP nature of Liberators are 10-fold. Before the "patch", I could effectively deter Liberators from making their runs... but with the latest upgrade, they're far too deadly, and because of their OP boost, there's now far too many of them. You don't come across just one Liberator any more, they fly in packs of 3-6, and neither MAX AA nor Skyguards are any sort of deterrent to them.
  6. cruczi

I play on Miller and Cobalt.

Hyperbole and selective memory.
  7. Pacster

Got no arguements left, eh? Darn.... =)

It' says it all that my accuracy on that toon with vehicles is better than yours, Mr, Wannabe Expert. I'm mostly fooling around with it when using vehicles there.... ;-)

Nope, just last night we had about 4 double-burster maxes vs. 4 2/3 libs(always 1-2 at a time. Flying off whenever they needed repair) and 1 or 2 ESFs. They spawncamped us and although we had medics and engineers around, there was no chance for us. I don't believe that those libs had any communication going on between each other....

You can destroy a lot of ESFs...as long as they ignore you. If they go for you, you are toast. That's like saying "An infiltrator can kill an entire army.". True, as long as they ignore him.
    • Up x 1
  8. x7xBillyDaKidx7x

well hopefully they didnt have the bug with no damage , that or they just really good lib pilots !! Fire suppress and nano gen is amazing on a lib
  9. IamnotAmazing

no, that is my argument, you don't know what you're talking about, that's why you think accuracy matters as a stat for a whole vehicle. Please stop posting false information just cause you're mad this is a combined arms game
    • Up x 2
  10. Pacster

Exactly. Combined arms. Not tankside2 or aircraftside2....combined arms. There is no reason why one should be stronger than the other.....aside from some pilots and drivers losing their ****** and having their weapon of mass destruction toned down to just another interesting balanced toy.

No accuracy only matters when you are not a spammer. That's true. ;-)
  11. IamnotAmazing

There are plenty of effective counters, just don't expect to be one guy with a lockon or skyguard expecting to take on several air units. Air isn't too powerful, it has several effective counters, that require teamwork, and so does using aircraft effectively.
    • Up x 2
  12. Camycamera

i disagree. air is in a great spot right now. and stop calling for nerfs or balance this or that... i am tired of it. i'd rather that they work on what they want now instead of listening to people wine.

air harassing you? pull air. pull burster maxes. pull skyguard. pull rocket launchers.....

but if you are getting hammered by lots of air in the spawn room, then just move to the next base. it is the same as getting spawn camped by tanks or infantry, just move to the next base, and get prepared there.
    • Up x 1
  13. Partick11

The thing with this is someone did at one point and died so we learned from his mistake. Iamnotamazing is a great person in the air. Lib or Esf so you should do what we have done with the person that died due to rat poison, and listen to someone with experience!

Hop into some random lib with a dalton and don't talk to each other and tell me how many certs you get. If your luck a few then an esf will come without you or maybe just no him knowing and you'll die, because no communication.

Then why do people whine about the air game being to hard? With experience comes the reward for learning. And for those lib groups they learned the weapon and its effective range so they WORK TOGETHER and get **** done.

And here is a tip from me
    if they are close use a dumb fire rocket launcher easy kills on an esf and lots of damage to libs.
    Out of range use lock ons.
    Out of range use flak AA max or turret or tank.
    Out of range esf, and if you bad with an esf you ask?
    PULL A GAL AND RAM THEM! easiest thing to do when people are focused on ground targets. And its really fun.
  14. Vostogon

The problem with Liberators is they combine having the highest DPS in the game, with the second highest mobility and a durability only slightly less than that of an MBT, more if they run composite.

How, exactly, that's supposed to be balanced i've no idea.

Yes, two or three ESF's can kill one. Two or three ESF's can kill anything. With far less danger to themselves than taking on a well flown lib.

Three Skyguards? Ignoring the frankly hilarious disparity at this point between the cert and resource cost of three skyguards and one lib. That's still no real certainty of success and even then the Lib is happily capable of simply flying somewhere else while your stuck. No certs, no kills for you. As god forbid skyguards have a viable secondary role like all the lib main weapons. Because apparently being willing to be helpful means giving up your right to have fun while playing a game.

Which leaves us Maxes and HA's. Neither of which are any real use if the Lib is sitting at range dalton snipping away all your spawn sunderers. The former due to CoF bloom, the latter due to lock on range restrictions.
  15. Kristan

This thread was created becasue I DID ALL OF THIS and this was INEFFECTIVE!
    • Up x 2
  16. JackD

No it wont come. The crying is going on since over a year but instead of nerfing Libs they buffed them becaus they actually know the numbers.
    • Up x 1
  17. Vostogon

All the lib weapons were long ago bought by those interested.

Buff libs. More people try them out and buy the weapons. Nerf them into the floor after a two or three months. Repeat as needed.
  18. Utrooperx

Eh, had a VS Galaxy supporting their infantry trying to take the point, so I hopped in a convenient AA Turret and started blasting...

The Galaxy slowly moved directly towards me...as I was shooting the sh*t out of it from about 30 meters away and...

Bulldogged my turret to pieces.

Got to love those Sky Warriors...True Lords of The Air!

I know...lets add a little risk/reward feature...just to make it sporting...

If the Sky Warrior stays beyond small arms/G2A range, he can't damage jack on the ground...if he gets close and dirty...a thrown rock hurts him.

Make A2G and G2A damage range based...a true risk/reward proposition.

By Gosh, if YOU can hurt me, then I should be able to hurt YOU.
    • Up x 1
  19. Camycamera

i don't know what to tell you, because it works for me. or maybe it is because you are trying to do it yourself?

because 1 person ain't enough in PlanetSIde. 1 person is nothing. you need a whole lot of people to do it.
  20. Kristan

As one person I can do a lot as infantry. As one person I can do a lot as Lightning against other tanks and infantry. But for fighting air it happens that I need masses? This is BS!