Tired of aircrafts domination.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kristan, Mar 20, 2014.

1. Kristan

All you do is squirming around trying to evade from topic. Stop or leave.
  2. Cougarbrit

Thread looks like a ********** of bads. Amirite?

I guess teamwork is beyond the capabilities of randoms, and we'll have to balance the game out to the lowest common denominator to end this ceaseless whining.
    • Up x 2
  3. Kristan

Yet we're not talking about spawns being camped by Libs. We're talking about high altitude Libs that killing tanks and other ground support leaving infantry vulnerable to other forces. Infantry G2A weapons are out of reach to kill Liberators. So making friends with engineers won't help.
  4. William Petersen

Why does ground have to work together to kill air, when air requires no such team work to slaughter ground?
    • Up x 4
  5. Kristan

Tell me then, why other things like tanks or ESFs equipped for AV or AI roles that doesn't require teamwork are effective?
  6. WyrdHarper

It's amazing how people can reveal that they don't fly and clearly need more experience on the ground and in a team with just one sentence.
    • Up x 3
  7. WyrdHarper

Oh look, apparently you don't tank or fly ESF's either. Effectiveness in an armor column or air wing requires a great deal of coordination--you're again conflating a zerg with a game element. If there's 50 tanks camping a spawn room, it's not because tanks are OP, it's because you're badly outnumbered and disorganized.
    • Up x 1
  8. Kristan

Dude, I'm Lighning driver. I kill MBTs with it. I kill infantry with it. I don't need any team to do this. I am effective, on my own.

Why at the same time I can't be effective as a single Skyguard to kill a single Liberator? Because 100mm HEAT cannon meant to kill. Skyguard cannon for some reason only to deter. What the heck?!
    • Up x 1
  9. PWGuy93

I think we're still early in this 'balance' phase with the liberator.
    From my view, the balance part falls on the parachute pack of the ESF flyers.

The liberators can dominate if there's no air support. Air support means ESFs finally have some more rich targets.
    I'm just waiting on more ESFs to team up and fill the balance role now. Instead of those ground targets running across the map or other solo dog fights they now have a more active team play role in defending those on the ground. It's up to the ESF pilots to create the balance through supporting ground troops. Now we're learning who those lone wolves are and who the real team players are.

For me, if I don't see a group of friendly ESFs nearby on the map, I move to locations where they are providing support. If no air support, then for me, it's time to log. The game is in the hands of team playing ESFs now. Make of it what you will flyers, you have my support... just drop low near me and I will repair you.
  10. Keyski

I trialed an AA max, with overdrive on.

Completely useless, I think i got all of 0 kills. Just stupid damage assists randomly. It's definitely something I'm going to avoid doing from now on. I don't care to be a 'deterrent'. Also trialed the G2A HA weapon, and it was also useless to all but ESF (seriously I didn't even get a damage bonus when I shot a galaxy). Everyone has the right idea, just ignore the air. It's pointless to attempt to take them down. And if you do try, you're probably going to have more fun doing ANT runs in planetside 1 than be on 24/7 AA no xp deterrent duty.

If i had 1000 certs to spend, I'd spend it on being a liberator and becoming part of the problem. You definitely get more XP that way, with the added bonus to fly away from anything and be anywhere at any time.
    • Up x 1
  11. Nikushimi

To be more precise it takes 142 direct hits (2.5 clips on dual bursters, 1.6 if extended clip is equiped on both arms) to down a uncerted lib. So assuming you hit with a 80% accuracy you should still have 244 rounds left (112 rounds per burster). So really you would need to have a accuracy of less than 36% to "literally fire all its ammo and not kill a Liberator.
  12. TheBlindFreak

Without trying to fall on either side of this argument since I agree that a Lib should have the distinct advantage over ground units:

Anyone can pull a lib. Like tanks. And those became resource-expensive tinfoil cert pinatas.
  13. IamnotAmazing

tell me how one esf is gonna do anything other than kill one guy, then get forced away

I love that we have the freedom of speech, it allows people to show off how much of an idiot they are
  14. Cougarbrit

Hahahahahahahahahaha no.

Ground doesn't have to work together to kill air, nor does air necessarily slaughter ground without teamwork.

It is just as dependent on skill as anything else. Teamwork can compensate for lack of individual skill just as much as it can enhance it and be regarded as a skill in itself.

Air has a high skill floor, so when you're seeing air slaughtering anything, it's pretty much a guarantee it's either terrible targets or a good pilot. And generally speaking, a good pilot is a good player and can accomplish said slaughter in any other combat vehicle, with varying degrees of efficiency and fun. Typically, better players will win against worse players 9/10, better players using force multipliers such as vehicles will increase the number of enemy players they can handle at any one time, especially infantry, as infantry are both endless and free and are the default force in the game.

Bad players in planes will pretty much always be less of a threat than good players going infantry.

If you want to beat better players, get more players on your side. Preferably better players than the enemy. That's like, life, man.
    • Up x 1
  15. Kristan

Eh... quite often I see situation when one ESF comes by, lolpodding infantry, get some minor damage, nanorepairing it while making a circle, returns and lolpodding other part of easy kills. Rinse, repeat. Even burster MAXes not helping. Lone wolf, good skill. He's effective, on his own.
    • Up x 1
  16. Cougarbrit

Haha you're already part of the problem, you're part of the "ineffective AA" problem, which is called "not enough AA because everybodies too busy doing their **** instead of taking the required steps to deal with a problem".

Seriously, so what if you pull AA and don't get much, if you and another guy pulled AA, you'll deal with the problem, and you can move on. And you'll get your points out of it too don't worry, you get the G2A bonus points for merely being effective AA, and if you do the job properly, using say, teamwork, you'll probably either get a crit assist or a kill. Which is quite a bit of xp when dealing with vehicles, especially if you get the pilot of the vehicle with it, which would be another assist or kill under the new system I think.

Oh and by the way, ZOE doesn't really affect bursters anymore, it got nerfed, remember? It has less bonus damage for AV weapons and the bonus damage sharply drops off at range, iirc. ZOE bursters aren't really a thing anymore. So yeah, wasting your time there buddy.

Also lockons are a group AV weapon, because y'know, they're on infantry, they're free, and you can have like fifty of them in one tower with absolutely no cost or penalty. You aren't gonna kill a Lib or Gal with it solo unless they're terribad, because it'd be hilariously OP otherwise, obviously.
    • Up x 2
  17. Partick11

After reading a lot of this I have a few things to say
    1 esf vs 4 libs who is going to win?? Unless you know what your doing, don't do that! You getting shot down by that high BR esf is like running through an open field toward a single sundy and you get sniped by a tank. They are there for a reason and that reason is to protect the more important things.
    As someone who flys a lot! (libs,gals,esfs) an annihilator deals good damage and moves fast, but are only good if use them in a group of 2 or 3. lock ons SHOULD NOT one shot esfs they take little to no skill to use thats why I use my decimator when fighting air that camps my spawn rooms. Good one shot on an esf and make libs running after 2. And the satisfaction you get from each kill is great.

And last AA CAN hit air when that AA is out of our render range so we need to improvise to take them out. Tankbust is not op because you can't one clip an AA turret. And if you get one cliped by a tank bust in a skyguard thats your own damn falut for letting them get that close. Lightings take a little less to take down now with the dalton because before you would hit them as much as possible before you had to run to SURVIVE witch is important to the air game. The skyguard would just repair and be full health like we were. Now skyguards need support to be able to take something with that big of a cannon on alone.

And really why stay and try to fight off what sounds like an outnumbered battle? Fall back with your platoon and pull a lot of anti air/tank/infantry and wait. if you was to take stuff on like that you have to be organized like the 4 libs were.
  18. JustARandomNobody

I agree, that is why ESF's should be nerfed. They currently can solo rambo too well and typically take multiple dedicated AA units to counter. It is funny how 'teamwork' should only apply for taking down air units to some people, but never should it apply to flying in an air unit!
  19. Zar

lol I take air cav units down by self with dual bursts and extended mags. so the question is what is your problem and why can't you do what i do.... think about ESF haven't been a danger by themselfs in months learn to play.
  20. Kristan

Maybe because you killed low flying hovering lolpodders. The thread is not about them.