[Suggestion] Infiltrators can't have C4 Why should LA?

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Killerdude8, Mar 14, 2014.

1. Copasetic

That would only be fair if your MBT were nerfed to a 2m range, couldn't be repaired and automatically explodes after getting 2 kills with it.
  2. disky00

You know HA can carry C4 too, right? Use it and stop complaining.
  3. z1967

I am not sure whether or not this was brought up in the rest of the thread but it should be noted that the "Light" part of Light Assault refers to the mobility of the class, not the destructive power of the weaponry. Hence why the Heavy Assault shield allows them to tank more hits rather than deal more damage.
    • Up x 1
  4. quatin

That's what I was going for. LAs shouldn't be able to insta-gib a tank by himself. Or maybe, only allow 1 brick of C4 to be deployed at a time? I think people are more angry about the "insta-gibbing" than the damage potential. RLs can 3 shot tanks, but the tanker has time to react.

Either way, I don't see this as a major problem. I play LA with C4 and I drive tanks, so it all balances out with me.
  5. K2k4

Stop trolling. I think tanks should not be able to instagib infantry. In fact, they should have to get within melee distance of infantry and then it should take 4 seconds to destroy them costing them a mass of resources. They should also have their speed reduced so that infantry can move twice as fast as them while backing up. Tanks should sit in spawn rooms while infantry can shell them, pinning them inside. Infantry should be immune to heavy arms fire, while tanks should always be able to be damaged, regardless of the type of attack being employed against them. Tanks should also only have 500 hp and 500 shields, while infantry should be able to withstand 3+ rockets. When tanks die, the player should die too.
  6. Alphafox

I think the thread should just stop now. The OP don't want to understand that's it's pretty much the only utility we have(except for jetpack). If you died to a LA with C-4 I think you have a serious situation awareness problem. In a tank you have more mobility(on the ground), more firepower and more protection. You should really find what YOU are doing wrong. You should also try to play LA with C-4 and try to blow up tanks to see if it's that's ''easy''. And infiltrator with C-4? Really? Now you would be instagibbed w/o even a realizing what happened.
  7. Killerdude8

Sure, But they can't even hold a candle to the C4 Fairy.

Again, You'd have to move within the Tanks LoS, LA can completely bypass the threat of the tank, at that point, They're worrying about Other Infantry and other Tanks.
  8. SenEvason

That HA is an idiot if he is trying to approach a tank within its LOS. Tanks can only look one way at any one time. Also, I've blown enough LA out of the sky to know that they don't ''completely bypass the threat of a tank''.
    • Up x 1
  9. disky00

It's our one and only way of dealing with vehicles, and as someone who plays LA nearly exclusively, I know how tough it is to pull off. The only way you're going to C4 a tank is if they aren't as aware as they should be. If the tank is moving away from you, there's nothing you can do. If you miss with one brick, which is quite easy to do if the tank is moving like it should be, then you only have one left and while it may damage a tank, it's not going to take it out. Most of the time the pilot will just drive away to repair and you've wasted 200 infantry resource points for nothing.

I am killed often by tankers that are paying attention to their surroundings. The lesson you should learn from your experience with Light Assault bombers is that you need to be moving all the time. If you take enough shots at the enemy from a single vantage point and don't move your tank, any LA with a brain is going to come and blow it up.
  10. Pacifist

Speaking as someone who absolutely hates LA and has been killed by them often. They need to have C4 otherwise more camping will occur and camping is not good for the game.
  11. AdamRah

You've clearly never played the game, leave and never come back
  12. Ryme

I will agree to giving Infiltrators C4 when LAs get perma flight packs that let them stay in the air indefinantly. Also, HAs should then get damage resistance shields that never run out of power. I say damage resistance because asking for infinite damage absorbtion would obeviously be OP. :p
  13. PastalavistaBB

Cool. Now give tanks blockade armor as strong as sunderers.
  14. Killerdude8

Well, The only argument I'm seeing here is "It's our only way of dealing with vehicles" Ever think not every class is meant to deal with Vehicles? The Infiltrator sure can't do anything about Tanks or other Armoured machines, Why should the LA be able to as well?
    On top of that, A Flying LA has the same advantage over a Tank that a Cloaked Infiltrator would, So why does LA continue to have the Best Infantry AT weapon available to it? Otherwise, Give Infiltrator's C4 and let's be done with this.

How about you come back when you have something productive to contribute to the discussion at hand.
    • Up x 1
  15. quatin

Cry more.

Doesn't infiltrators get that crossbow bolt that damages armor? I think every class can damage armor except medics.
  16. Killerdude8

Every class has the Crossbow, What is your Point?

Infiltrators lost Shotguns because of their Amazing advantage over Infantry in CQC, So now I propose the LA lose their C4, or have it replaced with a lesser AT weapon because of their Advantage over Armour.
  17. PastalavistaBB

There's no "exception". Every class except the Infiltrator gets C4. All classes can use the Crossbow. Then there are Dumbfire Rocket Launchers, Lock on Rocket Launchers, Empire Specific Rocket Launchers, AT Mines, the AV Mana Turret :eek: , AV Maxes...
  18. Boomotang

LA is not the "AI" class. It's the "flanking" class. HA is not the "Dedicated Anti Tank" class. It's the "better at killing" class. Engineers can kill tanks just as effectively, if not more so in some situations. HA can take more damage, and rockets are far better at killing tanks if you can't even get close to them. If the LA can't get on top of or behind a tank, which is precisely the case if the driver has any brains, then the LA can't do ANY damage to it. Plus, the HA CAN instagib a tank because it has C4 too.

The jetpack doesn't guarantee that you can get close to a tank. The cloak does. It's not even close to hard anymore with Stalker Cloak. If Infiltrators had C4, I'd be able to kill any tank I wanted to 99% of the time, all by myself. Same with Sunderers.

I can sure as hell deny everything that you are saying.
  19. quatin

You said "The Infiltrator sure can't do anything about Tanks or other Armoured machines".

I said "Doesn't infiltrators get that crossbow bolt that damages armor?".

That is the point.
  20. Killerdude8

You still haven't addressed the Fact that AT rockets are not very good at their AT role.

Fair enough.