Liberator REALLY OP now

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by rockhead101, Mar 13, 2014.

1. LeCharles

Not to mention the German 88 was a bit bread-and-butter. It would be cool to see that in game. It doesn't matter what gun you have anymore, it's all about the ammo you use.

Anyway, it boils down to speed (in my mind); that's a real problem with this game. Everything moves so slow, ESFs move as slow as WWII biplanes (and they hover about as well), the Liberator isn't that much slower (like 10 m/s) so you can't really catch them (unless you want to waste your precious afterburner). OH and don't get me started on bullet speed (my guns suppressed, why do my bullets make noise when they fly sub-sonic, not to mention that it makes leading targets in dogfighting pretty silly, I dont want a A-1CM gunsight-AN/APG-30 radar but better bullet speed would be cool) I get it, finite space and such but a max altitude of 1000m for ESFs, really; can't ESFs have a higher ceiling so they can swoop down and attack libs from above. That's the real solution, make ESFs better at a2a, but scrubs had to get mad and cry that a2as were too good
  2. Vixxing

Right? Try hitting a lib with ONE ******* round from a magrider? So NC and TR cant use their tanks as AA anymore? Tough ****, but you know VS never could? (never heard u crying about that, just ZOE this and ZOE that...)
  3. LeCharles

A small price to pay for floating over mountains and shooting while strafing.
    • Up x 1
  4. Vixxing

Well, beeing able to 1shot ESF with laserlike precision and no drop, plucking Libs out of the sky with ease, is an even smaller prize to pay for an immortal-lame-shield-of-doom... (imo)
  5. Goden

What the hell are you even talking about
  6. Vixxing

30% drop on a VS maingun round, paired with slowest projectilespeed? You ever tried plucking air out of the sky with a magrider NC or TR style? (first you got to find a slope of roughly 45 degrees... THEN the problem starts!)
    • Up x 1
  7. ChampagneDragon

You haven't been in a skyguard in awhile. My skyguard is quite buff. I have considerably more than 1500 certs into it.

I can't remember when a lib last took 2 mags to destroy, unless the encounter started with an already damaged lib.

Try again.
    • Up x 1
  8. Mazzar

+1
  9. ZuraZaru

well i dont care much about lib op for now because(i think) in the next patch they will update lightning tank into something like this:
    [IMG]

just call it "heaven gruard" an update of skyguard which can lock-on aircraft:rolleyes: it will be OP!!!
    • Up x 3
  10. Kunavi

*Gets a funnel*
    MMMM DELICIOUS! Tell me more how the Cert Pinjata 2 should have remained [Any Weapon At All] bait...!! I can't wait to hear it!
  11. Bl4ckVoid

Liberator should be removed from the game:
    - it is useless against enemy tank columns or large battles, as AA protection will kill it
    - it is only good for farming infantry in small scale engagements - for this purpose it is not needed

On top of this, if you damage the Lib, it just flies away behind the next hill to repair. Regularly when I pull an AA MAX, the lib just flies away to farm people at another place.

350 resources is way too low, it is the same cost as a Max.

REMOVE LIBS, IT CANNOT DO ITS ROLE, BUT RUINS SMALL SCALE INFANTRY FIGHTS FAR TOO OFTEN.
    • Up x 5
  12. xXGenesisXx

We don't give a ***** how 50-100 guys feel about the rest 1900 on the continent. Seeing as you are playing a FPS game not a Fly Simulator. One or 2 drooling Range heroes should not force 30 - 40 people to quit the game play they enjoy and equip useless otherwise AA weaponry . They should not be farmed all day long if they can't / don't have available the needed AA weaponry as we are playing an FPS game and spending 1000's of certs / Station cash on something you don't enjoy doing just to prevent from you being farmed 24/7 is not on everyones first to unlock list. As it stands you need a platoon of AA Maxes with dual busters to repeal a Lib who in turn destroys said maxes as if they where nothing. Basically you need 3-4 Maxes + Engineers dedicated to repairing them and resupplying them just to deter a Liberator and make it fly away for few moments to repair/regenerate. So again we don't care how you feel about us !!
  13. jiggu

So did I miss something or what are these buffs? They released new guns and buffed the afterburner, racer chassi and composite armor(against tank shells). Half the people don't use the new guns and they nerfed the dalton, it was practically universally agreed that liberators were in an awful spot prepatch. So what's with this crying?
    • Up x 1
  14. Bl4ckVoid

They are totally awful at the job they should be doing - killing zergs.

They are only good for farming small bases and there they are OP.

LIB = useless + game-balance breaking stuff - should be removed.
    • Up x 1
  15. iller

I dunno about OP.... I think I only died twice to any Libs the past 6 hours.

OTOH it was also 6 hours of doing nothing but shooting AA turret or Max Bursters at Libs today.
    If I did anything else today, it was all kind of a blurr between the nonstop PWSSHHMM PWSSHHMM PWSSHHMM of flak
    I think I only killed 2 or them, and got a couple assists here or there b/c they just wouldn't die, period.

It was the most boring day I've ever had in Planetside. 25 air damage certs nonstop adding up to a TERRIBLE overall SPM.
    I mean the lowest I've had all damn week. The graph said so and it doesn't lie.
  16. Akashar

That was true right at the beginning of the game, now every body has all the AA they need. This game features planes, and tanks, while I agree that these are really differents playstyles, that should be allowed to be played alone (tanks only battles, planes only battle, underground bases for infantry...), when you are on a common ground (i.e. outside a base in open field), you should not complain about planes farming you. It is as if pilots complained they couldn't hit you through a roof. If you are a whole platoon and can't gather enough AA to deter a single lib, please, l2p. That's basically 3 people against 50! I played for hours since update, and the only thing that changed is that the rock stars of liberators that had left the game are back. Your problem may be there. My current rig for the lib hasn't changed yet. Oh, wait, yes it did, dalton was nerfed.
    They buffed composite armor?
    I use fire suppression.

If you are 4 maxes, even without engineers, a single lib will be shred in seconds if you're doing it right.
  17. SacredRay

Level 3 Fire Suppress - 330
    Level 4 Nanite - 500
    Level 2 High G - 300
    Optics - 100 certs or something
    Timer - About 200 certs or more

I'm sorry if you think that this is not a high cert investment. Maybe I should play 4+ hours a day like you do as if I have nothing better to do. Moron.
  18. Robertooooo

Combine the hordes of libs that are starting to appear with the new assist XP system you have a really bad situation. AA does not generate more than very low XP income so players are forced to choose between almost no XP or getting farmed by a ******** of libs.
    • Up x 1
  19. SacredRay

And I'm not too sure why you are using such a bad argument to justify the fact that you think Liberators are OP. A stock lightening skyguard can do the same thing your 2700 certed (lmfao) can.
  20. Pootisman

I wouldnt miss them for a second! Libs are the #1 destroyer of good fights and the most annoying weapon/vehicle in the game.
    • Up x 3