The new pirate treasure map doesn't lead you to any reward

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by EmmettLBrown, Mar 13, 2014.

1. EmmettLBrown

So every time I die, I get this nifty map. The problem is that I can't find anything at the spot it's pointing to. Is there a shovel that they haven't put in the depot yet, or am I just not getting there before someone else digs it up? Has anyone got a prize from one yet like awesome single use camo or 1 hr boosts?
    • Up x 17
  2. Trudriban

You have to cert into eye patches, hooks, and peg legs before you can do any loot grabbing
    • Up x 7
  3. OneRedBlock

You have to divide the Piratosity Factor of the base, and cross reference it with the local Aaarrr! levels in the atmosphere to triangulate the exact position.
    • Up x 3
  4. Vinakis

I think you're supposed to look for the painted X on the ground. I'm not 100% sure though, since I've not been on to test this theory yet.
    • Up x 1
  5. Tommyp2006

Treasure Map Decryption Key now available in the depot for the low price of 500SC!
    • Up x 1
  6. AltF4Fun

The shovel will be 2000 SC golden one 4000SC.Treasure is probably some nice infiltrator butt if youre lucky.Dont give up,you gonna get that ***.
    • Up x 2
  7. LibertyRevolution

If it is showing you his position, then he was spotted before you died, and is most likely dead before you can even redeploy...
    People cry over the most meaningless stuff on forumside..
    • Up x 2
  8. ManualReplica

You need a special pirate hat helmet for 1000 SC to see it.
    • Up x 1
  9. Vinakis

There's not much crying going on in here, he's just looking for that pirate booty.
    • Up x 2
  10. EmmettLBrown

Thanks for the help guys. I think I'll do some more testing later tonight to find more. I seem to be getting more maps when I wear bright colored camo and jump up and down in the open.
    • Up x 2
  11. OneRedBlock

The Pirate Gods must be smiling upon you.
    • Up x 2
  12. DrPapaPenguin

Ofc not, X marks the stick of C4 on top of 3 AT mines and a note saying "Ha! It was a trap!"
    • Up x 1
  13. CrashB111

This MAX already found da booty. I think we know what hes going to do next.

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  14. HadesR

It's a TR Max .. He can't do nothing but go into Lock down ..
    • Up x 2
  15. EmmettLBrown

Unless he's got pounders.
    Sorry, couldn't resist
    • Up x 3
  16. CrashB111

Pounders would probably be a bit less painful than the Mutilator or Fractures.
    • Up x 3
  17. EmmettLBrown

Ow. Damn. Ow. Why? Why would you go there?
    • Up x 3
  18. SenEvason

I found some booty where the map told me it was! It was attached to some Vanu girl though.
    • Up x 1
  19. HadesR

FIFY :)
    • Up x 1
  20. CrashB111

Well here comes the Onslaught.
    • Up x 3