Army of The Republic

Discussion in 'Cobalt (EU)' started by JamesNom, Jul 30, 2013.

1. JamesNom

[IMG]

One of the oldest Outfits on Cobalt, forming when the game was still in it's infancy, starting on the Lithcorp server and moving to the Cobalt server when we merged. A large active community, which are all friendly and want to meet new people to play with.

We value teamwork and loyalty more than anything, all we ask from you is:
    • Be active and join outfit squads and platoons,
    • Follow orders, all the time,
    • Have a decent understanding of English, we are mainly European players, so having a common tongue is easier than everyone trying to speak their native language.
    • No arguing or having a bad attitude, it's a game and people want to have fun.
    That's it, that's all you have to do once you have joined, we do have a minimum age requirement of 16, but apart from that all skill levels are welcome to join, we will help you improve your game and develop your skills with specialized training and live combat situations.

The benefits of joining the AoTR are as follows:
    • Join a large outfit of friends who have all met through Planetside 2, where we all joke and enjoy each others company,
    • Join the largest TR alliance on the Cobalt server, the United Terran Republic Operation, [UTRO] which have events every Friday evening encompassing other TR outfits,
    • Solid squad tactics led by competent and battle tested leaders,
    • Cross faction events, such as when we were featured on FNO for a massive air derby,
    • A massive Teamspeak 3 server for as many people as you want, so invite your friends,
    • Large events organised frequently,
    • A large amount of active players from all across Europe,
    • You'd be a member of one of the most badass Terran Republic outfits on Cobalt!
    If this sounds like your idea of a good time, then please make an application at www.terran-republic.eu
    We are currently recruiting anyone and everyone, as long as you're over 16, so come along, even if you are already a member of an outfit, come and join the greatest faction, and the best outfit.

Loyalty until death, strength in Unity!
  2. JamesNom

Still looking for members guys, even if you aren't 100% about joining us, come have a look at the site anyways!
  3. Sturmybaby

I gotta say that joining this outfit changed this game completely, lone wolfing is not the way!
  4. JamesNom

Our outfit is growing once more!
    Our ranks swell with the fresh blood of more Terran brothers and sisters.
    We have had an amazing 13 applicants join in the last week and a half, with over 20 members consistently on teamspeak.
  5. Kociboss

Good, casual outfit and nice people overall.

I think that new or undecided players should definitely give it a try.
  6. dragondrop

Why I joined the Army of the Republic, you ask? I want to save our existence on Auraxis, mankinds existence, that is. And for that there is no other choice than serving the Terran Republic.

Let's take a look at the New Conglomerate. The word "Freedom" can be found on all of their propaganda posters - but never will you hear a corporate executive define what kind of freedom they actually mean. Do you think they mean the freedom for each individual of any and all regulation? Then you haven't thought about it much, I presume.
    Consider this: The New Conglomerate is funded and led by businessmen; a likeable woman posing as their figurehead cannot keep anyone willing to look deep enough from finding out what kind of people are really pulling the strings. They only have one purpose: Profit. Others are not of their concern beyond their potential for exploitation.
    Hypothetically, should the NC take power, what would happen is that the corporations behind it would immediatly stake their claims on their respective parts of society. They would tax your every breath of air. Freedom for them means their freedom to take it away from you and usurp your wealth so they can feast on the prosperity stolen from you. The only freedom you would have left is to decide whether you want to submit and be allowed to live off whatever bones they throw you or die.
    Give a man power and he will inevitably use it to better his own position. Without a strong government and strict law enforcement, society would rapidly degrade into a state akin to medieval times - with corporations as kingdoms, executives as noblemen and everyone else their vasalls. Slavery, treachery, anarchy would be on the agenda, all day and every day.

What about the Vanu Sovereignty, you may ask? Don't even get me started.
    They too hunger for power; power which they seek in alien technology, modifying it to suit their needs. They disregard any safety concerns just to get them the next fix of power. Forgotten are the lessons Earths history has taught us.
    They call themselves scientists, while toying around with technologies that we haven't even begun to understand. Even the most seemingly innocuous things may turn out to have consequences that we will never be able to make right. We made those kind of mistakes before - you are all aware of Chernobyl - and these fools are stumbling towards making the same mistake all over again.
    That alone would be enough to justify intervention, but that is not the only thing about the VS that is... problematic, if you allow that euphemism.
    The problem is that they are so fixated on their ways that they made it into their religion. And like true fanatics, you either belong to their religion or you are an enemy and have to be destroyed. This narrow-mindedness is mind-boggling. Once again we see behaviours that were long since eradicated back on earth, for good reason.

The Terran Republic is the only force working against this maelstrom of malicious intentions.
    "Strength in Unity" is not just a phrase. It's a key. It's the solution to all problems that we have to face. Only through the power of a unified society, bound by the law, we can survive and restore peace and prosperity for all of mankind here on Auraxis. Only through unwavering loyalty can we find a way back home to Earth and share what we have found here with our brethren.
    This is our destiny.
    This is our duty.

Back to your initial question... It shouldn't be why I joined the Army of the Republic.
    It should be: Why haven't you joined yet?
    • Up x 1
  7. Paulus

Join up today, rolling with an outfit is the only way to go.
  8. JamesNom

Recruitment is open and we are looking for more people.
    Come join!
  9. redphant

A bump for AoTR!
  10. JamesNom

For the glory of the Terran Republic!
  11. cubiclesmurf

*SALUTE*
    My fellow soldiers of the mighty Terran Republic, Take up your arms and join the fight with the AOTR Today.
  12. JamesNom

Old veterans from the AoTR have rejoined us in arms, and we have regularly have 20+ people on each evening now.
    Join the best Spec Ops TR Outfit on Cobalt.
  13. dragondrop

Never too late to sign up!
  14. Sturmybaby

We are also working on a training program so if you are new to the game make sure to apply, we accept new players as well!
    • Up x 1
  15. redphant

Loyalty beyond death !
  16. TK2317

STRENGTH THROUGH UNITY!

Since I became a member of AoTR, my sexlife has totally changed from boring to BOOYA!

The only better thing than fighting side by side with my brethren is home, and we'll see it after this war is won. Come support us, and we'll support you as well!
    WTF ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!
  17. Defaceo

Love it with you guys :D
  18. Sturmybaby

Heyooooo to one of the better outfits on the server!
  19. Overwatch141

I wouldn't be playing Planetside 2 if it wasn't for this outfit. Having a great time, getting lots of certs and getting sh** done!
  20. gualty

Looking for a nice place

I have TS, i always listen but i rarely talk.
    Good on the ground (infantry and veichles) bad with ESF (i mean really bad i've used them half a dozen times since day1) barely sufficent with Libs and Gal.

My preferences (in order):
    Medic
    Heavy Assault
    Engineer
    MAX
    Infiltrator
    Light Assault.

BR 63.
    I have some Station Cash too in case your Outfit request camos or other things outfit related.

As a former 01WG i'm familiar with UTRO and corp orders, squad/platoon ops and such.