Just found this on the PTS patch notes.

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Nyscha, Mar 11, 2014.

1. Nyscha

The parts in bold are troublesome.

This means that the enemy is going to know where you are if you snipe them with a sniper rifle and then they can figure out where you was when you killed them and then they can head to your location as a light assault and shoot you..

Hope this doesn't go through.

Now with a added screenshot to show the problem. (Look at the little line on the minimap drawn to the snipers location)

[IMG]
    • Up x 15
  2. Chazt

Completely agree, if you get killed you probably know where it came from anyway, this is just a nerf to snipers who already get the **** end of the stick.
    • Up x 15
  3. kaolla

i agree it is bad for sniping especially when far from any allie ligne, something else that bother me ( a little is the ability and suit slot too) it will make easy to counhter whoever killed you in the base.
    • Up x 2
  4. Kunavi

This feature will help a lot in other matters though, try to see the whole picture here. Perhaps it does hurt ANY person trying to remain hidden(So don't take it personally as Infiltrators) but I would like to know as much as possible about these circumstances. I won't open this can of worms but perhaps you can imagine why I don't have a problem with this change- Or rather, I think the benefits are great for such a small cost.

Relying on stealth or being an Infiltrator in particular does include chancing positions often and you should always assume you have been seen. Most of all you should be ready for those who figured out where you are and are now using stealth to approach you. And so on and so forth. Plus it's easy to tell where the shooter is in most cases. You don't even have to see them or have a clear LOS as in many areas having played Infiltrator once you should know all the possible locations. I'm saying it's either way too easy.
    • Up x 3
  5. Biddion

If this goes live, I will quit the game. I just don't see how it will be fun for anyone. Granted, I've decided not to buy anymore station cash, so Sony won't lose out on anything from me.
    • Up x 2
  6. Biddion

I take great care not to be discovered, sometimes for 30 minutes. My kill rate is not so great, but I like to play as if I have one life to live. Stealth play is what I enjoy the most. My location on the map and the direction of the shot revealed to my prey is a deal breaker. I don't mind the other information though, just not location.

Thumbs down to your post.
    • Up x 2
  7. SnipersUnion

Without a doubt the number 1 concern raised over the death screen was the giving away of someones position. I've seen it raised in nearly every thread on the issue, and there is no way the Dev's are not aware of it. The last I read they were looking at ways to subtely hint at the killers direction, instead of giving away his exact location. Let's see where this goes.
    • Up x 2
  8. Korfax124

I have made a suggestion in the forum patch for the new PTS notes, around the middle of page 3, where I suggested something instead of the pinpoint accurate indication of your killers position. Plz go see it and like it if you want that more (I know that the community doesn't any indication of the killers' position, but if we must have something...)
  9. FaLI3N

This is a terrible idea for every semi-decent player in the game, why even use a silencer?
    • Up x 9
  10. Vaphell

yep, that's my playstyle too. I prefer to flank the crap out of the enemies, take down AV manas in the back of enemy ranks, snipers etc, often going around the whole battlefield for 10minutes and hit them when they expect it the least. My KPM on average suxx *** but who cares. Now my playstyle simply stops making any sense because even the most unconscious enemy will have a clearcut pointer where to look and 10 minutes of legwork will be undone by the first killed guy.
    The game becomes a perpetual, bland loop of respawn, take the shortest path to the enemies, meatgrind, wash, rinse, repeat.

It really makes me not want to play this game anymore.
    • Up x 2
  11. Ttariel

Hope this will not hit live, the game already forgives to much.
    • Up x 2
  12. MarkAntony

This hits live and sniping and my style of playing with the stalker cloak are gone. Also my positional advantage type play (it is how I am a good player because I have to compensate for bad aim) will be ruined.
  13. Get2dachoppa

Wow, that screen not only shows exact location of the shooter but his suit slots and health. Why not tell me all the attachments on his gun too? :rolleyes:
    • Up x 3
  14. MarkAntony

Like I said this does not just affect snipers. Anybody who relies on positioning over twitch aim suffers. With your permission I'd like to take this to general discussion.

NVM it is already there i think.
    • Up x 1
  15. Tar

Even if all the snipers quit the game, my game experience would not suffer.
    Who knew!
    • Up x 1
  16. Akashar

Hey, good one! We could use it!
    I am looking forward to this added to the game. It won't hurt at all my playstyle, nor yours. No decent player can say that he can stay long sniping in the same place, if he's shooting at average or more players. It will envourage moving more, thing that is always good, and is a really good, noob friendly system. We need people to play this game, and this will help newbies to start. I am totally for this.
  17. Benevon

So they introduce a new cloak, which is basically for sneaking and positional advantage, then want to give the kill screen an easy way for that person to come hunt you down with more efficiency. Yay. Directional hit markers and glaringly obvious tracers aren't enough?

How about we just play the game with old school tactics, everyone just stand in a big field and shoot at each other from straight lines. Whoever has less dead people when ammo is gone wins.
    • Up x 6
  18. MarkAntony

This doesn't just affect snipers but anybody who uses positional advantage instead of twitch aiming. Not only snipers are affected.
    • Up x 4
  19. Benevon

While a valid point, and moving posistions constantly is key, there is probably a better way for new players to increase their skills. When things are constantly introduced to make it easier for newbies, it ruins the learning curve that forces them to learn better tactics and situational awareness. Why should somebody try to get better when the game removes all the guess work?
    • Up x 1
  20. Akashar

Situational awareness is about knowing where the enemy will come from. There is no point in forcing new players to learn it the hard, long way, with a long list of deaths. As long as only the killed player know where the bullet came from, he will look better next time, it is up to him to learn to be aware. A killcam system doesn't provide an anti death joker, it provide information (like KDR) It is up to the player to use it. Giving the information helps learning, it's not like giving him a super shield or whatever! You see on the minimap where the shot came from, it doesn't make you spawn right behind your killer with an OHK weapon. It's up to you to adapt your tactic, learn, and counterattack. If you don't give the information, you will make a good handful of people like the ones I tried to put into planetside 2:
    "This game is a mess, not funny, you never now who shot you, bla bla bla"
    Imagine that during your final exams you have to guess every question, and that everytime you are wrong, it's over, begin again from the beginning. Only to come to this exact same question , guessing again, and being wrong again.
    Now imagine that every time you are wrong, the teacher points you the reason why, without giving you the answer. You understand, make another try, and ANOTHER ERROR. It's all about it. If you have to guess, you totally can make the same error all the time without knowing! If someone tells you "hey guy, you should really be careful about that" you can listen to him, or not, but you have a tool.
    Guessing, is never fun.
    • Up x 2