Death Screen Feedback

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by TorigomaSET, Mar 10, 2014.

1. TorigomaSET

What is the Point of any kind of Silencer or Stealth Mechanic with this Abomination here?
    • Up x 39
  2. Regpuppy

Without going into too many words or getting too bent out of shape.

• A minimap displaying the killer’s and assistor’s relative position to yours
    • The killer’s and assistor’s weapon attachments
    • The killer’s and assistor’s last completed medal and ribbon count for the weapon they used to kill you
    • The killer’s ability and suit item
    I feel these all go a bit far. First one in particular has the potential to ruin flanking and the other three are just pushing it on their own. But I can deal with the latter three, purely because it'll help newbies see how experienced players are decked out.

As for everything else on the death screen, it all seems a bit redundant and I think it'll just add a lot of clutter. *shrug*
    • Up x 9
  3. davesignal

http://i.imgur.com/ZeQtBbS.jpg

Look at this. Who in the name of God thought this was a good idea? Somebody who's bitter over Infiltrators actually being playable for the first time since Planetside 1? It's a direct goddamn line right to the person who killed you. Not a vague direction, not even a rough distance, a flashing neon sign that says "SNEAKY GUY HERE!".

SOE, please wake up and get rid of this ASAP.
    • Up x 24
  4. FFWoodycooks

seriously, how about you guys get rid of this like *immediately* and we can all agree to just pretend this never happened. everyone screws up sometimes it's okay soe we still love you just take it away and agree to never speak of it again and all will be forgiven.
    • Up x 15
  5. Kulantan

The death screen is pretty nice overall. I like most of the new information like how much exp I got that life and what the enemy used to kill me and so on. But there are some pretty serious problems with the enemy position map. Its far too powerful.

The position map reveals the position of the person who killed you with mines which is just plain dumb. It also reveals the exact position of the person who killed you with a suppressed weapon. It shouldn't reveal the position of miners at all. A suppressor should at least degrade the quality of the information given to a cone with a bit of random and not telling people how far along this cone.

This kind of explicitly detailed information is a direct nerf to LAs and Infiltrators. As it is on the PTS solo player will be able to hunt us down very effectively and people who get ressed will be straight after us. Organised groups will have yet another exceedingly powerful information tool at their disposal on top of gun noise appearing on the map, motion sensors, darts, vehicle radar and spotting. There should be options to at least minimize the information available on the death screen so that this doesn't completely kill being a stealth bastard.

The only other gripe I have is that the mouse doesn't count for "press any key to continue" which feels weird to me.
    • Up x 4
  6. Alarox

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/patch-notes-3-10.177174/

Give feedback while the changes are still on the test server. It is better for everyone that way.

7. Goretzu

I like the death screen changes (and camo on heal and repair tools).

I'm more than a little apprehensive at the Lib changes though, good Lib crews were still/already one of the most deadly things in the game.
  8. Nyscha

This needs to go NOW.
    I've not played in god knows how long and started playing again last weekend and now I see this change?

I felt like the game was going forward before I saw this proposed "change".
    • Up x 8
  9. Serevn

Does this mean Libs stand a better chance when those darn rank 80+ ESF Heroes come flying over and dance on top of your lib as they pummel you? And why was the dalton inner blast damage nerfed?
  10. Teoke

The community has always been against any iteration of killcams.

Why SOE has gone ahead and implemented this is beyond me.
    • Up x 17
  11. Crashsplash

Speaking as a ground pounder and ex-tanker, libs seem pretty much invulnerable already and well as being a good area denial vehicle.

- that's an exaggeration of course but they are pretty powerful Amerish spawn campers.
  12. maxkeiser

Nobody wanted maps revealing player location. The community has repeatedley said that it is not wanted.

And it's not just snipers who are hurt by this. I hardly ever play infiltrator but still don't want my position given away the whole time. It's just dumbing down the game even more. I mean we already have tracers, sound etc etc.

And just to add, it will be the new/inexperienced/worst players that this hurts the most - as it will be even easier to track them down and kill them now.
    • Up x 17
  13. Santondouah

Don't expect a night and day difference, it will just be much easier to kill "bad" ESF pilots (the ones who get very close from your lib). Good pilots stay at distance and new offensive solutions won't give you more survivability against those.

Main change will be that NC/VS crews that hover over crowded places won't get instagibbed by deployed AP/HEAT prowlers, neither by other Dalton libs, which makes the lib much more accessible/less punishing. I doubt this update will affect in a way or another "good" crews.

Plus composite armor becomes an almost viable solution, even though I personally won't equip it I guess (as long as it does not help against ESFs, the main threat for libs IMO, it's useless for me).
  14. maxkeiser

Nobody wanted maps revealing player location. The community has repeatedley said that it is not wanted.

And it's not just snipers who are hurt by this. I hardly ever play infiltrator but still don't want my position given away the whole time. It's just dumbing down the game even more. I mean we already have tracers, sound etc etc.

And just to add, it will be the new/inexperienced/worst players that this hurts the most - as it will be even easier to track them down and kill them now.
    • Up x 13
  15. Merzun

Absolutly against it. I often have situations where I was able to sneak up to the enemy and take a position about 80 m away from them from where I was able to snipe at them without noticing me. This will simply not be possible with this indication.

Here's a screenshot from just a couple of days ago. As you can see I am pretty exposed yet I was able to get a good amount of kills. This will be impossible and will make close up infiltrators and LA useless.
    [IMG]
    • Up x 15
  16. Kunavi

Do you show on their Death Cam if you used a Suppressor and nor they nor others saw or spotted you? That's all I care about. If you only see some of the things displayed on the Death Cam IF you perceived the shooter then I'm OK with it and "Adapt" and "L2P with Suppressor", also "Tactics".

Pay-Back >:)
  17. AzureKnight

Man... Not a fan of the increased resistances on Libs as the Libs that patrol Connery seem to handle just perfectly fine in even the most hellish of conditions... I've seen 3 Skyguards on one and still the thing manages to escape. On fire sure, but it just uses fire suppression or that repair thing and flies out and safely lands to repair.

I get they don't want sniper tanks, by why the resistance increase to dumbfire rockets? if anything, those should be rewarded for hitting a target in the air considering how slow they go and considering that most lib crews stay 300+ meters in the air with more than enough time to dodge.

I have a feeling we're going to see some one Lib armies destroying enemy lines with relative ease with these sorts of stats.
  18. ISKNausicaa

This is a poorly thought out idea, firstly the amount of downvotes, this ****** proposal got from the roadmap should have been an indicator that no-one wanted it, secondly like others have said it makes silencers useless and clever positioning useless.

You want to teach new players how to counter classes do it through the tutorial, you can give them the info to read the giveaway tells that are already present on live, dont dumb the game down from the rest of us.
    • Up x 7
  19. Torok

It definetly needs tuning, like not showing your position if you were using silencers or simply never, when they first started talking about it they said that it would only highlight the general direction from which you got killed, not a ping on the map lol, maybe they plan on monetizing this with future implants.
    It is indeed a bad implementation like this, but they can still tweak it before it goes live, like they always do with pretty much everything, hop hop SOE remove the exact position and only leave the general direction's arrow.
    Or do something to promote suppressors and stealth loadouts.
    There's definetly the community feelings here trying to avoid such a trap as the one you just layed before us, somebody is asking humbly, somebody with threats but the message is clear, this isn't good for anyone, not even new players that might be hurted more than anyone else from this feature, as they are less likely to keep themselves moving.
    • Up x 2
  20. Halkesh

• G40-F Ranger
    • C150 Dalton
    • Liberator Composite Armor:
    • Shared Vehicle XP
    • Liberators are receiving a few base line resistance increases against heavy hitting damage types. (AP, HEAT, Dalton)

[IMG]

About the death screen and the killer's position, I'm mitigate.
    This is a strong nerf for silencer against squad/platoon.
    On the other hand it's a way to counter sniper. (personnaly, I'd prefer to have a new suit like an armored helmet that protect against sniper headshot)
    With this, snipers can still kill a few and move to an other position (for exemple, prepare to snipe guys that are going to your last position)
    Maybe it can be a way to make "noisy grenade" usefull ? When you throw it, ennemy will see the grenade position on their death screen, not your position ?
    • Up x 1