Patch Notes - 3/10

Discussion in 'Test Server: Announcements' started by Higby, Mar 10, 2014.

1. Higby Developer

Hey all -
    Public Test has been updated, you will find the following changes there:
    Revised death screen:
    • The death screen has been redone to provide more information. The following can now be seen:
      • A minimap displaying the killer’s and assistor’s relative position to yours
      • The killer’s and assistor’s weapon attachments
      • The killer’s and assistor’s last completed medal and ribbon count for the weapon they used to kill you
      • The killer’s ability and suit item
      • Your current progress towards your next medal and ribbon for your primary and secondary weapon
      • Up to 3 upcoming medals
      • Various session stats
      • A graph and XP event feed that summarizes your last life
    • The death screen can now stay up indefinitely. You can press any key to continue to the deployment screen after a couple seconds, however.

Liberator Update
    • New Liberator Nose Gun: L24R Spur:
      • The L24R Spur is equipped with specialized optics that allows the pilot to adjust the weapons aim rather than be fixed forward.
    • New tail gun: Hyena Missile Launcher:
      • Hyena Missiles are compact, short range missiles that are dumb-fired, but will lock-on to enemy aircraft if they get close enough and inflict light damage.
    • New Belly Gun: D-75 Duster
      • The D-75 Duster is equipped with dual 75mm cannons that fire HE shells. While able to quickly unload its magazine of ten shells, each shot decreases targeting accuracy unless given time to recover. This allows the D-75 to feather accurate shots, or unload the magazine and bombard a wider area.
    • Tail Gun Improvements
      • The liberator tail gun has been adjusted to give it increased firing angles. It can now rotate 180 degrees but is forced to aim down when facing towards the front of the Liberator. This gives it some additional coverage to the bottom and sides of the Liberator.
    • Liberator Composite Armor:
      • Composite armor is receiving a buff for flak and now increases resistance to HEAT rounds, AP rounds and light anti-vehicle rounds (Zepher & Bulldog).
        • Flak resistance changed from (4/6/8/10) to (8/10/12/14) each rank
        • HEAT and AP round resistance added (15/20/25/30) each rank
        • Dalton Blast Damage resistance added (35/40/45/50) each rank
        • Light Tank Rounds resistance added (10/15/20/25) each rank
    • C150 Dalton
      • Inner radius blast damage decreased from 1000 damage to 700 damage.
      • In cases where this causes an increase in direct hits required to kill a target, the resistance to this damage was adjusted. Except for Liberators, Liberators will now be set on fire after two direct Dalton hits instead of destroyed.
    • L105 Zepher
      • Reload speed decreased from 4 seconds to 3 seconds.
    • Vektor
      • The fall off damage on the Vektor is being adjusted so it is not as steep. In addition, we are trading some projectile speed for increased RPM and magazine size. We think this will allow the Vektor to be useful in more situations.
        • Minimum damage increased from 150 damage to 250
        • RPM increased from 400 rounds per minute to 425
        • Magazine size increased from 50 to 75 rounds
        • Projectile speed decreased from 750 mps to 700 mps
        • Reload Speed Certification is now -0.2 seconds per rank up from -0.12 seconds
    • A30/G30 Walker
      • We are adjusting this weapon so that at closer range the damage is increased and the fall off damage is not as severe. Between 125 meters and 400 meters the weapon will be near identical to the previous version.
      • Maximum damage increased from 115 to 130
      • Max damage range decreased from 175 meters to 50 meters
      • Minimum damage increased from 75 to 85
      • Minimum fall off range decreased from 500 meters to 400 meters
    • G40-F Ranger
      • Weapon is underperforming, receiving the following adjustments
      • Magazine size increased from 32 rounds to 70 rounds
      • Flak damage increased from to 38 damage to 45 damage
    • Liberator Belly Gun Adjustments:
      • The “dead zone” when pointing the weapon straight down has been reduced by 5 degrees.
    • Misc Balance Adjustments
      • Increased cruising speed on Liberator Racer performance airframe: Previously it was ~7 KPH per rank for a total of 20 KPH at max rank. It has been increased to ~11 KPH per rank for a total of ~35 KPH at max rank.
      • The lock-on time increase for Liberator and Galaxy stealth certifications has increased from 0.25 seconds per rank to 0.375 seconds.
      • Initial fuel cost (the additional fuel cost consumed when activating the afterburner) reduced to 25% of the tanks capacity down from 33%
        • Reduced the amount of fuel consumed per second.
          • Previously a full burn was around 1.5 seconds
          • Now a full burn is around 3 seconds

Straight-Pull Bolt
    • All bolt-action sniper rifles have a Straight-Pull Bolt attachment option in the Rail slot now
    • The Straight-Pull Bolt attachment allows the sniper to chamber new rounds without breaking aim down sights
    • Straight-Pull Bolt attachments cost 100 CP each

Shared Vehicle XP
    • Experience for kills are now shared amongst the entire crew of a vehicle, this includes all passengers, but they receive a smaller amount.
    • Experience for assists are now shared amongst the entire crew of a vehicle, excluding passengers. This amount is usually less than the amount awarded for the actual assist.

Optics
    • Station Cash prices have been added to Infantry Weapon optics.

Balance
    • The “Light anti-tank resistance” has been adjusted on several vehicles. “Light anti-tank” includes L105 Zepher, M40 Fury, M60 Bulldog and Underbarrel Grenade Launchers.
      • Liberator resistance to light anti-tank increased from 0% to 35%
      • Galaxy resistance to light anti-tank increased from 25% to 50%
      • Lightning resistance to light anti-tank decreased from 40% to 30%
    • This change reduces some extreme damage these weapons were able to do against Liberators and Galaxies. While on the other side the Lightning was to resilient against this type of damage, able to withstand as much punishment as an MBT could.
      • Liberators are receiving a few base line resistance increases against heavy hitting damage types.
      • Liberator base resistance to Armor Piercing Rounds increased from -20% to 10%
      • Liberator base resistance to HEAT rounds damage increased from -33% to 10%.
      • Liberator resistance to non lock-on rocket launchers (decimator & default launchers) increased from -87.5% to -70%
    • This change causes two Dalton rounds to now put a Liberator in burning state rather than outright destroy it. Armor piercing tank shells will do less damage per hit, but will still kill in the same amount of hits (except for the lightning AP, which will take one more hit). HEAT rounds require one more shot than their AP counterparts (except for lightning HEAT, which will critical instead). And finally, decimators will no longer two shot Liberators, instead two shots will place it in critical damage.
    • Maintained lock weapons (A2A missiles and Striker) can now maintain an already established lock 300 meters beyond the maximum acquire range (400 meters) against aircraft.
    • Reduced head collision size to lower the amount of unearned headshots
    • The motion sensor now can be resupplied from engi ammo packs and auto-swaps to a weapon after deployment.

Misc
    • Coyote Missiles have been updated with new reticule
    • Medics should no longer call out to allies when they throw a heal or revive grenade.
    • Players should no longer call out when repairing their own vehicle from the rumble seat
    • MANA Anti-Vehicle Turret now has a more appropriate icon in the stats page
    • Camo can now be applied to heal and repair tools.
    • Up x 19
  2. disky00

Well, it seemed like people were pretty much against any indication of a player's location showing up on the death screen, but I guess this is what testing is for...

Also, I still don't see a game design reason for using an initial fuel cost mechanic for anything that uses fuel. It isn't realistic and it only serves to rapidly deplete a fuel reservoir if you press the wrong button by mistake. What's the point?

Other than those two things, I'm looking forward to this update.
    • Up x 11
  3. TheTrueVanu

The original death screen was going to be from the perspective of your killer. The devs listened to the outcry of the players who objected to this, as it would give away any clever attackers position every single time they made a kill.

I totally agree with that decision.

If someone has a vantage point and can take you out without you discovering their position before you are dead, do not punish the attacker for his tactics and simultaneously reward the unwary victim.
    • Up x 39
  4. disky00

And now it just shows where they shot you from on the minimap, as opposed to a camera view. That's still too much information. I can't remember a time I was frustrated to the point of quitting because I couldn't find the person that killed me. Generally, the information presented to you as you are being shot at is enough. The location indicator as well as the tracers flying through the air are more than enough for me, and I'm terrible at this game.
    • Up x 32
  5. Degenatron

Reading the patch notes for the Liberator, all I can think of is the opening line from The Right Stuff:

"They say a demon lives in the sky..."
    • Up x 3
  6. Gav7x

Favorite part
    • Up x 13
  7. Boildown

Liberators will be massively overpowered if all these changes go live. It will be back to the days of GU2 or so, where people farmed to BR100 in Libs in a matter of days. Except this time they'll be able to do it against the average BR people have over one year later, instead of against a bunch of BR20 noobs.

On Amerish this will allow the side with two amp stations to completely dominate the map, as the air resources come in so fast on Amerish that at no point will they have to wait to pull a new liberator, thanks to getting 50 points per base on that continent instead of 30. This is already happening when a side manages all three amp stations on Amerish, with this Liberator update, nothing else will stand a chance in the air or on the ground.

The Liberator weapon buffs are completely unwarranted. The only part of the Liberator changes that are warranted are the resistance against tank shells that are unintended as anti-air, and the grenade launchers. Liberators need to be stronger against non-lockons from the ground, especially flak, but weaker against ESFs, much much weaker. Daltons, nay, actually each Liberator main gun, are far too good at sniping ESFs right now, and its breaking the air game. After these changes there will be no reason to fly anything but Liberators, ESFs will be extinct, and Galaxies will have an expected lifespan shorter than a Vietnam-war helicopter.
    • Up x 15
  8. DandaNgsan

booooooooooooooooo
    The death screen has been redone to provide more information. The following can now be seen:
    • A minimap displaying the killer’s and assistor’s relative position to yours
    • Up x 34
  9. DandaNgsan

we should turn off the indicators in game.
  10. Giggily

Death screen thread still has more down than up votes and I'm pretty sure the vast majority of them deal with exactly this right here.

This game already has so many ways to figure out which direction you're being shot from it's ridiculous. Tracers are incredibly visible, there are very obvious audio cues, and even hit indicators on the hud showing which direction you'r being hit from. And if the mockup was any indication, we now have a gigantic line leading to the person who killed you.

I know the explanation for this change is yadayadayada new player learning curve, but frankly this is too much. Pintpointing the direction of your attacker is something that should require a modicum of thought. Even then, a good sniper who kills with headshots should be rewarded for keeping their position somewhat difficult to guess. And I don't even like snipers.
    • Up x 27
  11. Anethual

Will the death screen also provide my killer's facebook page, twitter handle, email address, catch phrase, favorite movie, favorite inspirational quote, and shoe size?
    • Up x 37
  12. mikenzb

ABOUT TIME!!!

Also I approve the new lib stuff and the new death screen!!! Downloading the patch now and will be hoping onto test when its done.
    • Up x 1
  13. Tommyp2006

You should have mentioned that you guys updates TR's carbine audio finally, along with the repeater, awesome!
    • Up x 8
  14. Netsurfer733

Really hoping you guys can also fix the bug where infiltrators' cloak goes to crap when switching weapons (and remaining still) while you're at it, but it looks good.
    • Up x 2
  15. Facta

You gave our carbines and repeater real gun sounds!

*little girl scream*

I love you, SOE! 11/10 patch (well the lib buff is scary and the death screen changes put me off, but whatever)

Now let's give TR sniper rifles actually rifle noises, not the little *poink* sound they make and we'll be in business!
    • Up x 2
  16. Wabbage

Why the change to liberator duals? There is no reason to nerf the dalton.

Im sorry but, No one asked for that change
    • Up x 5
  17. Giggily

I wanted a nerf to the Dalton, but against ESFs only. With the tailgun buffs it shouldn't one shot ESFs anymore. With stronger tail gun AA, stronger lib armor, and the Dalton still remaining effective I can't imagine being an ESF anymore, especially with how many libs are going to be flying after the patch.
    • Up x 5
  18. LibertyRevolution

New tail gun angle on test is awesome.
    New missile launcher tail gun is awesome.
    Afterburner is awesome.
    New aimable front gun, It moves, I like it.

New belly gun is going to cause a lot of rage from infantry..such spam, much fire..
    I am having trouble seeing my rounds when I shoot them though, needs a bigger tracer?

Thermal range on the liberator belly guns need a buff... Can you bring it in line with the galaxy bulldogs PLEASE?
    • Up x 5
  19. Lazaruz

I'm still firmly against giving people any free information about their attacker, be it a straight up kill cam or mini map direction indicators.
    I get it, Planetside 2 is a chaotic game for new players, but if you continue to introduce these "leg up programs" you'll end up with a game that plays itself with minimal interaction or skill requirements from the player.

I'd be more than happy to give this information to actual new players, and disable it after BR20 for example. After that point a player should already know better, and shouldn't be pampered anymore.

As for Liberator updates, they sound acceptable. I'll just have to see how they play out in mass numbers on live.
    Although I do feel that we didn't need a new carpet bombing weapon, the Zephyr was already spammy enough.
    • Up x 13
  20. ZeroErrorz

no bombs....
    or even a cargo bay...
    :(
    • Up x 5