Still investigating hitches - here's how you can help

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Higby, Mar 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Higby Developer

Hey all -

We're still working on tracking down the cause of the multi-second long hitch/freezeframe that some players are getting. This specific hitch we're looking for occurs while in gameplay and is NOT the black screen hitch[1] that MANY players are getting when opening UI windows etc. If you are getting an extremely long frozen frame periodically while playing the game, let me know your character name here in this thread please. We're looking through hardware profiles trying to track down commonalities.

Thank you!
    -
    mh

Note [1]: If you are getting a black screen while playing, especially when opening the map screen, this is likely caused by a driver crash that is part of the latest NVIDIA 334.89 drivers, if you are using these drivers we recommend switching back to the 332.21 driver version.
    • Up x 14
  2. Clarkeh

Im having this freeze frame issue, it happens every so often but not overly noticeable, i just figured it was a massive FPS drop i was having.

Character Name : Clarkeh
  3. Klypto

I get a noticeable hitch like once every 2-3 hours of gameplay ever since a couple weeks ago, but didn't think much of it because it only bothered me once in combat.

Is that the frequency in which others who have this issue are experiencing it?
  4. Frostbitten

I have them approx. every 5 minutes or so.

Character name: Frostbitten
  5. NinjaTurtle

NinjaTurtle69 or CheloniaMydas

I get very long freezes and it happens randomly from what i can tell
  6. Gatzby

Gatzie.

Seems to happen more frequently on Amerish than Indar, but that may be a red herring.
  7. zizeff

Zizeff

Still getting them at the rate of 1-2 per hour.
  8. Kvasthilda

I have those hitches, happens with about an hour apart. Character name: Kvasthilda on Ceres
  9. Ravenorth

I get that long frozen period frame often, then it stops and game runs normally again for a few seconds and then it crashes. Not sure if it matter, but I´ve noticed that happens more frequently right after someone kills me.

Character: Ravenorth
  10. Timealude

I am getting the hitching and freeze when I open up the map.

Character Name: Timealude
  11. Riddlley

I get freezes like this that sometimes result to crashing to desktop. Freezes once every hour or so. About 50% of the time it crashes while in this state. I am also having the map issue.

Charactername: Riddlley

Note: I need to try rolling back my graphics drivers.
  12. Sir Kane

I'm having this issue. I belive it happens mostly when new stuff appears on screen, but I'm not entirely sure.

Char name is "SirKane".
  13. WyrdHarper

Frequency varies, but usually have at least one each play session.

Handle: WyrdHarper
  14. Gorbia

Name: Gorbia
  15. doombro

I'm not sure whether or not I'm having this problem, but I'll post anyway!

doombro
  16. Arkenbrien

I have frame freezes about every 10 minutes (causing me to lose many a fight) , and after an hour fifteen, with extreme regularity, it freezes then crashes to desktop.

See sig.
  17. Ash87

I -don't- have it, if it would help to also get a profile of people who aren't having problems

Playername: SergantAsh87
  18. AltF4Fun

Same here,doesnt bother me much while playing.But why not a fix if its possible.:D
  19. baka

TR - Timmon
    VS - Nork

I get a hitch maybe once or twice an hour. Quick pause then the game keeps going -- more annoying that lethal at this point. I did not have this before the last big update. Overall framerates are normal at 55 (save for the day of the big patch!).
  20. HadesR

Only happens once in a while but yes I do have them..

Ingame name : HadesR
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.