Community Clash - Season 1 Dates - STARTING NEXT WEEK !!!!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Torkz, Mar 1, 2014.

1. Kyouki

:(
  2. a4555in

Do all the players have to download the private server to participate?
  3. Mastachief

Nope, standard client using flagged accounts.
  4. Pondera

I'm a member of Jenk Squad Alpha on the Connery server, but I rarely ever do anything with the outfit, and this whole event is somewhat unusual. How is this going to work?

Am I just going to log in after taking my finals and get yanked into some super serious competition without any earthly idea what's going on?
  5. Epoch/Eep

After the Miller vs Connery fight i realized that planetside is actually amazing to watch as a esport. I was so negative about all the MLG rubbish it had put me off and i think it had given the competitive side of PS2 a really bad rep.

Its sad that some outfits can no longer compete but i think the community is tons better off without those MLG focused "pro" gamers. Playing a game for money removes the fun and it impacts everyone else. They were clearly playing to enter MLG with a new game and not for competition or the love of the game itself. Dont misunderstand me, taking gaming seriously is great but do it for the right reasons. Money isn't one imo, its a bonus.

Its amazing the community has taken control of the competitive scene and doing it for the love of the game instead. Its such a great game to watch.
    I cant wait :)
  6. PinkamenaDianePie

I don't think a single outfit had any real expectation of making any money on Planetside. Even in a best-case scenario, a win would result in a small prize pool from an untested game being divided amongst 24-48 people, depending on how the final format developed.

I can't speak for everyone, but we were in it purely for the love of the game and a desire to play at the highest level for its own sake.

I can't think of a single outfit that genuinely believed that they were going to make a profit off this game. I spent lots of time with the competitive community, and to be honest I can't think of a single person, even, who believed that. It's just not in the nature of the game.
  7. Torkz

If you outfit is interested in taking ZAPS spot on the season 1 bracket please contact me via email or twitter. ps2commclash@gmail.com or @ps2commclash
  8. Posse

None of us is in this for the money, anyone who thinks he can actually get money from this (aside from the SOE live events) is delusional.
  9. Navus

speak for yourself, DA needs to pay for charm school for Mpal
    • Up x 2
  10. Solo59486

Well chances are that if you dont have any idea whats going on then your probably not going to be participating in it.
  11. VSDerp

eskimo!!!! how you been man!
  12. Ice

This is a question to be asking your outfit leaders.
  13. Negator

Your outfit *should* tell you.
    • Up x 1
  14. EliteEskimo

Busy, but I've been alright. I still manage to play on Friday nights for BWC Operations.:)
  15. RadarX

We look forward to seeing who participates.
    • Up x 1
  16. iPlague

What, ZAPS called quits?
  17. PinkamenaDianePie

ZAPS couldn't participate after the "there's no rule that says dogs can't play Planetside" loophole was closed. That really shot our plan to pieces. Pack it up guys, the dream is over.
    • Up x 2
  18. iPlague

I'm not quite sure what you're referring to with the dogs, but it's a shame regardless.
  19. Ice

NEED MORE NC!
  20. gigastar

Ideally your outfit should have informed its members of what was going down and give them information on how to get in on it.

The seriousness of it may vary from outfit to outfit, for example the participating members in my outfit has been running training sessions over the past month for the cheese tactics they intend to use. I wouldnt know about the competition in detail though.