why are tank drivers so chicken ??

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Tonberry76, Mar 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peebuddy

The entire northern section of Indar (and Esamir) is just a great big death trap for tanks.

Absolutely no cover fighting enemies on reverse slopes firing guns that don't render who ***** that they should be able to take a tank shell to the face. So you bet your sweet *** tanks aren't going to risk getting any where near the base unless they're out numbered 2-1.
  2. TheRunDown

My Sub and Heroic boost just ran out, loosing my prowler is a pain in the A$$ with the really slow resource income, TR generally have to deal with VS and NC at all times of the day and thus us having significantly less territory for resources.

I think most off this will change when the Nanite power system is released and Resources are based on ANT Runs.
  3. maudibe

Not sure 3 HA could gib a tank with one shot each. Go into VR or watch the youtube video on it. I takes 7 lock on launcher hits to the front or side and 5 to the rear to blow up a MBT. It takes 5 in the rear to blow one up. of course 4 will set it on fire and it prolly would blow up after awhile if not repaired. I personally hit a tank 5 times with the AV mana turret which in VR used to only take 3 hits to blow up a lightning, so i dont know whats up with that?
    When you drive in close usually you get hit by a lot of rockets and Max suits all at once and its instant death from the cumulation. It would be better to attach 2 C4 on your wraith cloaked flash and drive it into the Sundy and shoot it to set it off than to crash the MBT into the Sundy cause it would get gibbed before you got there.
  4. FIN Faravid

I agree tanks should be buffed, i like idea of 3 seater tanks, but little differently than in Planetside 1:
    Driver: Forward facing machine gun, can be changed little like other vehicle weapons
    Gunner: Main gannon and coaxial machine gun
    2nd gunner, machine gun on top of the tank.
  5. FigM

just a couple AV turrets on a hill can decimate dozens of tanks before they even drive to the base
  6. Tonberry76

your right in this situation we lose big we cant do much atm
    and we lose some areas sadly

but like you said we need to w8 til our forces get there zerg power up
    its not what i rely like losing so much to a enemy but i need to get used to it

and w8 for a counter atack when they are weaker
    maby i see this game the wrong way and i must w8 til the right time

even if i dont like it
    but ad least you give me good advice how i can enjoy this game beter
    am stil very new :)
    • Up x 1
  7. deggy

3 dumbfires will kill any tank from the rear.
  8. Rift23

Tanks in Planetside2=Tanks in StarCraft, i.e. fragile glass cannons that need to be protected and constantly repaired but can wreck **** at long range in large groups.
  9. Rift23

Engineer tool can disarm mines if I remember correctly, but it's at the final cert level so nobody has it.
  10. Tar

your life costs nothing, a tank costs resources. It's pretty basic.
  11. Tonberry76

tanks can be deadly in the right hands :)
    if a platoon of tanks come to a base and they don't no the base turret are not down you up for a big fire fight

and indeed VS try to capture a big base when we have so 4 a 5 anti tank turret ready

and boom all tanks gone
    sadly we forgot there was already a VS sun inside the base so the VS pop up allot of players

i think dam its stile not over what now and most generators was broken
    so i need to find the sun then i run back to the center get my vanguard and try to blow up the sun because we had none air ore tank support atm and i never try a tank before was fun btw :p

with so 20 % hp left on my tank i did blow up the sun pfffffffff

but if the Vs blow up our turret first from a long distance ore some players use C4 on it
    we sure gone lose

was for me a fun battle with a small force we NC had atm vs a big force the VS had
  12. Tonberry76

but every time get killt by a tank when you cant get out of that room sucks to
    then you rely start to hate tanks trust me
  13. TheFamilyGhost

Longer ranged weapons = longer engagement ranges.

If you can shoot a long way effectively while staying out of your target's envelope of effectiveness, what's the sense of being in your target's envelope of effectiveness?
  14. Tonberry76

ever try to use a rocket launcher you need to be a little out of that force field a tanker shoot you first
    also most tanks have a second gunner so you never stand a change ad all

and you wanne blow him up so badly and go to A and save this area
  15. Tommyp2006

16. deggy

You can save the base without killing every tank there, ya know. Just find cover on the point.
  17. FaLI3N

Just before I lost my tank to a teamkilling faction hopper after a 2hr vehicular slaughterfest I used my magmower against a group of about 10 heavies with a few other medics and such with the full intent of losing my tank and I killed all of them with my stealth AV loadout. I only took a sliver of damage as well, was really suprised at how effective it was but I ran over nearly all of them and FPC'd the rest while my gunner spammed them down with the saron.

Either way this massacre had me killing at least 50 prowlers all in spitting distance, you just need stealth and situational awareness and then you can brawl up close and survive for hours on end with a competent gunner on comms so distance isn't necessary.
  18. TomaHawk

1. Tanks cost 450 resources (much better now that Amerish gather rate alleviates this by a lot)
    2. Tanks die instantly, from full health, from C4 fairies,
    3. AV mines are very potent as well
    4. Prowler armor is weak at best, doesn't take much to destroy one, no matter the certs expended
    5. AV Mana Turrets have stupidly excessive range, often fire with impunity and can be set up anywhere
    6. Lockons
  19. Tonberry76

i don't see the problem you lose tanks anyways ore by players ore by other tanks ore by airplanes
    you stile gone lose you resources

so for me its better to fight head on and try to kill so much as possible and try to have a few eng with you
    because you will lose your tank anyways sooner ore later

if i was driving a tank i will drive strait to the enemy line hope i see a group of players driver over them and try to hit a tank to
    i no i gone lose my tank i don't care as long i get some kills
  20. AirHarper

The problem with tanks is there is very little room for tank battles. Bases are either to close together and no room to move around.

And there are so many infantry that can attack TANKS with little resources that tanks that the only safe place for a tank is far away.

Give tanks room to move and other options besides just camping bases.

With Infantry having so many options and the ability to keep spawning Tanks need either better protection or more space to move and a role.

A map and Base redesign would go a long way to fixing many issues.

Infantry are the most OP thing in the game. Infantry can take bases. Attack any thing on the map. Have great numbers. NEVER really die because you can spawn within 10 seconds each time.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.