So much crying about the Dalton

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Nyscha, Mar 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nyscha

Whys everyone still crying about the Dalton when its pretty much been nerfed every patch since the beta?
    Massive doses of l2p needed?

Grenades have bigger splash than the dalton now thats how ridiculous its been nerfed.

And if you get shot down in a ESF BY dalton then you should just exit that ESF and start playing another game instead because that means you are kinda...bad at the game?

Kinda funny browsing the forums after not playing for a long time and instead of people complaining about skillshotguns its always something to do with a liberator.
    • Up x 6
  2. Rellenar

Because the Dalton being the best anti-air Liberator weapon, arguably the second best anti-infantry Liberator weapon and the best anti-tank Liberator weapon is stupid? Because getting killed in one shot is pretty much always stupid no matter what it is? Because AA bellygun is just straight up ridiculous and bears no relation to how an aircraft should logically behave? Because people dream of a world where the tailgun is actually used for something? Because people don't like getting smashed by something they can't fight back against?

It's not that hard to figure out.
    • Up x 7
  3. Nyscha

You need a direct hit to kill in one hit with a dalton, two hits if its splash and three if its at max splash radius. (Not using flak armor)

Libs aren't a problem in ESFside 2.
    • Up x 1
  4. z1967

People don't like getting killed... In a game where the average lifespan of an infantry player is 1 minute.
    • Up x 6
  5. Saber15

Why does it get so much hate?
    Because it's the best weapon in nearly every category. Zephyr might be better for farming infantry but it sucks for everything else and it requires the Lib to fly more predictable to give the Zephyr time to empty its magazine. Shredder has ridiculous damage dropoff and a gimped firing arc so it can't murderize aircraft like it did back in beta

Because it can blast Liberators and Galaxies out of the sky faster than anything else when the Dalton pilot does that stupid looking twirling flip to point the gun to the sky.

Because it can nuke tanks from max height and due to a bug, is completely silent and invisible when doing so. Nothing is more infuriating than having your tanks and Sunderers blowing up out of nowhere because some jerkbag is sitting at 900m holding down mouse1 at every vehicle.

Because it's always paired up with the equally stupid Tankbuster (which I make good use of) to basically instantly remove any vehicle from the premise with very little warning. A Skyguard or a MBT can crippled with a burst from the Tankbuster, which can then immediately be followed up by the hand-of-god (also known as the Dalton) to kill the tank. It doesn't matter how many Skyguards or Dual Burster MAXes your team has, they won't be able to kill the Dalton Lib before it nukes an allied tank.

A weapon that strong against armor should have never gotten splash damage. It should function like the AP cannons on tanks, which have a what, 20cm splash or something?

I don't deny that it can be a difficult weapon to use and its ability to nuke ESFs is overstated (it's not hard to stay out of a Lib's firing arc in a Mosquito, though it can be hard to return fire when continuously dodging), but it's pretty obviously overpowered.
    • Up x 2
  6. Cougarbrit

Mads cuz bads. Basically.

People don't seem to grasp the concept of evading against liberators. They aren't cert pinatas for you, they can defend themselves. And by the way, the Shredder is much better anti-air than the Dalton except for the very best gunners, and even then it's the best anti-ESF weapon.

Seriously, so what if the Dalton one shots you? The skill required to do so is immense unless you're a **** ESF pilot, in which case learn from your mistakes rather than crying on a forum. Every ESF can kill a Lib in a 1v1 (or 1v2-3 technically), you just need to stay out of the lines of fire. It ain't easy, but it's perfectly doable and I've seen and fought numerous ESF pilots who have pulled it off time and time again. Even against Shredder libs, due to their narrow angles of fire it's debately easier.

And if you lack the will to get better in the ESF, then that's nobodies fault but your own. Luckily for you this is a team game, full of allies to make up for your shortcomings, get them to help.
    • Up x 12
  7. Cougarbrit

Also, for the A2G arguments, the Dalton is a pretty necessary tool in breaking stalemates quite often, if you don't want to die to Daltons, there's a solution called air support. It works really well I find.
    • Up x 5
  8. KnightCole

Why SoE nerf everything blast radiuses? They need to change reload speed of the Dalton..its annoying being machinegunned by the thng...
  9. Dalek

I totally understand. In fact the Dalton should be buffed. Whenever it fires, it should scream out the Dalton firer's K/D ratio in a loud shriek, designed to scare people into awe and admiration. Every Dalton shot fired should send nearby crowds into mass jubilation at such a wonderful sensation of being instant gibbed from the skies in what is an aerial fortress.

Without the amazingly over the top sarcasm...

They're not going to keep the weapon overpowered just to suit your K/D ratio.

/thread
    • Up x 4
  10. Gundem

The Dalton is in no need of nerfs.

If it's reload speed were to be reduced, there would be no point in using it. The Shredder would be better in nearly every regard.

And trust me, you don't want to see us good Lib pilots swap to the Shredder.

You really don't.
    • Up x 7
  11. Gundem

All these people crying Dalton Nerfs are really, really getting on my nerves.

Want to call the Dalton OP? Come, make an account on the Test Server and duel me, your Dalton Lib to my ESF.

No? That's what I thought.
    Go back to your Spawnshield.
    • Up x 5
  12. Gundem

Ironically, your wrong in every argument you have presented.

When properly certed and used correctly, the Shredder far surpasses the Dalton in AA, AI and AV. It's TTK is roughly 3x faster Vs. Vehicles, it melts infantry like butter, and ESF's(Most likely like yourself) who think it's a good idea to fly in strait lines towards us quickly understand that something with roughly a 7 second TTK against heavy tanks has a very, very short TTK against ESF's.

So yes, your entire argument is invalid. Unless you'd like to duel me with the Dalton sometime? Please, I insist!

Second of all, nothing in Planetside 2 behaves at all in any relation to real life. It's a Video game, deal with it.

Third of all, you can quite easily fight back against an enemy Lib. You just don't have to fly in strait lines. Keep your distance, you'll easily win.

I'd still love to duel you, me in my ESF, you in a Lib. I promise you I will win 8-9/10 times. And I'm a pretty bad pilot myself.
    • Up x 3
  13. Dalek

Shredder isn't a problem.

Here is the critical difference:

-I'm hit by a shredder round-: 'Initiate evasive manoeuvres, they are on to us!'
    -I'm hit by a dalton round-: -Silence because I'm dead-

Realistic result? Shredder may allow me to flee, initiate better tactics or just give me enough time to get the finishing blow on you. Dalton fries me instantly without any chance for any sort of tactics.

Beginning to see the problem yet?

Pump action shotgun users have to get themselves within 10m for a clean 1 hit kill on other infantry. They are squishy and can be shot when they leave spawn shields...

Dalton lib users? Instant gibb from the skies in a reasonably mobile, highly damage resistant dreadnought of doom.
    • Up x 1
  14. Kristan

I really hate being pinned down to spawnroom by Dalton liberator. It's not even giving a chance to kill it, only to scratch.

"I see you came out to shoot G2A? Have a shell while you locking on"
    "I see you pulled AA MAX? How unfortunate, I'm going to spend couple of more shells and fly away for a bit while autorepair will fix the damage."
    "I see you pulled Skyguard? Well, you really mad bro. How about you meet my lolpod vultures that will tear you apart while you trying to take me down?"
  15. Crackulous

I agree, the Dalton is fine as it is. The only Liberator I'm sure to flee from is a Shredder Lib, I can't manage to shoot back while staying out of the belly gun's line of sight when it has such a high fire rate and continuous damage. I can only blame myself if I get shot down by a Dalton Liberator. Besides, if it's a 2/3 Liberator, then it should be better off than an 1/1 ESF in a head on battle anyhow.
  16. Gundem

Unless that Lib is running Stealth, then if you don't see him on your minimap then I've no idea what to tell you.

And Dalton shots from outside the Liberator radar range? Those are pure concentrated luck. It's like me getting angry that I died to an ESF's debris as a MBT. It can happen, but it's so rare I'd be more likely to applaud the poor smhuck who managed it then be angry.

But Debris are kind of a bad example since they are so hilariously broken, but I digress.

So, if you wanted to nerf the Dalton just to remove the slim chance that you might get hit from 500+ meters away(Which to land such a shot, you would need to be flying in extremely predictable patterns for an extended period of time), how do you make it fair for -300 meter shots? If you don't know a Lib is about at that range, either A) He is using stealth, you going to nerf steath? B) You are really, really bad and need to rethink your life.

ESF Vs. Liberator balance is near perfect. With the buffs to the Tail gun incoming, depending on how it's handled, I think we might just achieve perfect ESF Vs. Liberator balance.

I would be willing to bet that if you asked the top 100 ESF pilots, almost every one of them would tell you that Liberators are free certs to a good pilot. I fly Liberator quite a bit, and I know first-hand what if feels like to be at the mercy of a good ESF pilot with the standard nose gun and AB tanks. Kinda feels like sitting in front of a HE Prowler as an infantry. Sure, you might just get lucky and he might lag/have his mouse&keyboard explode, but otherwise your about to turn into a pile of burning wreckage.
    • Up x 2
  17. Gundem

L2ESF

l2dogefight

get gud

???

profit

Seriously, I cannot stress it enough to you people, a good ESF pilot makes mincemeat of even the best Liberator crews.
    • Up x 4
  18. Kristan

Yyyyeeeah... like I'm gonna do something to the lib that gets covered by other 2 ESFs. :rolleyes:
  19. Gundem

Actually, I'll let you in on a little secret.

You know what's actually the best Anti-Lib weapon?

Liberators! :eek:

Getting in Tankbuster range is pretty easy with Stealth, and a full Tank Buster clip with a few levels of Extended Mags will bring it from full to zero in a matter of seconds. Get Stealth, Afterburner, and Precision bomber for aiming that Tank Buster and you've got yourself a Galaxy, lib and(Somewhat) ESF eating machine.

Worth learning to fly the Lib if only for the hackusations alone. Steath Tankbuster for the win!
  20. Flashtirade

If you and two allies go up against any liberator in ESFs and all of you happen to die, that's almost certainly a skill problem.
    If you go up against a liberator and two ESFs, you're pretty much dead no matter what.
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.