Fix the Railjack now!

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Vanon, Feb 27, 2014.

1. Vanon

This gun is so broken, yet looks so good on the stats. The gun comes with a .5 second delay before firing. This basicly simulates extreme lag. There is no indicator when it will fire, there is no trade off to give it the ability to lead a target. It is just broke plain and simple.This was totally a bait and switch, as most of the people who tested it, even other factions, where fine with it on the test server the way it was, with a 4 round clip and no delay. As it stands, i strongly suggest telling your NC outfit members and Snipers not to buy it. The only thing you will kill will be AFK enemies and you might get lucky with a few guy's behind turrets.

SoE, Please fix this. The people who bought this are pissed.
    • Up x 13
  2. MarkAntony

Won't be getting this POS with the delay. I support a fix.
    But I'll be to busy sniping with the Em4 to really care. If they fix it great if not then I'll just pretend it doesn't exist. (even though the weapon itself looks awesome)
    • Up x 2
  3. 666IsBehindYou

Yeah, myself and OP here both bought it together and learnt the hard way about this 'shot delay':/ it makes it VERY hard to hit anything that's moving at any decent range! As stated above, from the general consensus I'd seen, the gun was in a good place on the PTS and it wasn't OP or anything really? But to suddenly change it without feedback or ANY decent input from the player base AT ALL seems like a stupid and blind mistake! It is definitely a bait and switch here guys!

I ADVICE NOT TO BUY THIS WEAPON AT THIS CURRENT POINT IN TIME! I REPEAT!

DO. NOT. BUY. THIS. WEAPON. IN. ITS. CURRENT. STATE!

Thanks for reading guys!:)

Happy Hunting!
    666 - The Devil
    • Up x 3
  4. XDDante

hmmm weird i have no problem with delay really :) i mean for me is not a big deal :D the weapon is great,yeah it might be boring but is not as bad as people make it out to be...
  5. ManicUndies

As much as I would've like to keep the Railjack as it was in PTS, it was in fact OP. Next to know bullet drop made sniping feeling CS1.6

Unfortunately, it needed some sort of nerf, and the shot delay seems to have done the trick. It just needs a new set of muscle memory, but it's possible I'm sure.
    • Up x 1
  6. NCDaniel

I'll buy it at its current state.
  7. Wobberjockey

honestly, as it was, the railjack was in a precarious position at best on the PTS.

i can't say that the pause would have been my fix of choice… but at least its different now. :confused:
  8. Xada

The delay is stupid. While having a better longshot is stupid too, I prefer it over the delay.
    • Up x 1
  9. Flyaxl

i bought it directly as i logged in without trying it in the VR and i get so disapointed by it.... the longshot is way better than this rifle coming from space...and i read everywhere that it was supposed to be an upgrade of the good ol' EM4-Longshot. I'm maybe against this railgun technology, but then i came on the forum and see that im not the only one feeling a bit loosed on the transaction, mostly when u read the weapon description like the bullet should hit the target as soon as u push the trigger.

SO NC SNIPERS IF U OWN THE LONGSHOT OR LA80 KEEP WITH IT DO NOT LOOSE 1K CERT ON THIS GUN.
    • Up x 1
  10. Hoki

The difficulty of sniping is the compensation for distance and movement.

On PTS, the Railjack's unique feature was lack of difficulty...

On live its unique feature is now lack of difficulty + trigger delay + gigantic magazine.
  11. Planetdoge

Lols. I wouldn't mind if they got rid of (or reduced) the delay, but dayum, people's jimmies are really rustled.
    • Up x 1
  12. soeguud

Better yet, remove the piece of crap. I hate the ineffectual nerf bait that SOE keeps drooling out for the poor New Conglomerate.
    • Up x 1
  13. NDroid

I wasn't a fan of how the PTS version was balanced but what surprised me is that these changes which fundamentally altered the weapon characteristics weren't on the test server at all. They just went live without giving the community a chance to weigh in on them which pretty much defeats the point of having the PTS.
    • Up x 1
  14. Wobberjockey

well they set us up with the PTS with one weapon, and then released a completely different one on live the next day.
  15. ToastyMan

Not sure if this is also a glitch with all snipers or just the railjack, or maybe its a feature, or maybe its just me. But has anyone experienced their sniper shot going way off center while ADSing and moving around? Was this just added or what, cuz I've never noticed it if it was already there.
    • Up x 1
  16. ISKNausicaa

Thats my gripe, they had us testing then just dropped this on live with no warning or testing, im thinking they were scared of the reaction to the changes.

yeh thats on account of the delay on the shot, if you move the reticule in that time frame between pressing the trigger and the bullet leaving the barrel the cof blooms, it kind of reminds me of how PS1 bolt drivers worked, once you line up the shot and press fire you cannot move the crosshairs for a split second.
  17. Benevon

Hurray for VR and trials? Gotta test your stuff first. Lol

The way they went live with a completely untested version of the weapon was lazy and rushed. Last I tried it on PTS it was a little too good. Can't say if the delay was he way to go, but they should have tried to get feedback on it first. Not to mention you guys buying it expecting one version and they kind of pulled a bait and switch.
  18. lNeBl

So it has a half second charge up delay before firing?
    Sounds like you got a better version of the VS rifle :p
  19. Dalteonis

So, it was a VS sniper on test, and it's balanced now for the NC. Huh, why'd they even make it in the first place if there's the longshot?
  20. CuteBeaver

SOE needs to add some kinda cog wheel or visual indicator for people to see when firing.... Similar to how VS have a little glowy triangle on the ? Phaseshifty? (name changed from Shade) Otherwise I'd say head to the VR and train yourself to use it with muscle memory.
    • Up x 3