Corpse removal

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Hiding in VR, Feb 27, 2014.

1. Hiding in VR

I am surprised there isn't a thread on the corpse removal changes. Does anyone know the reasoning behind this? Is it performance or game balance?
  2. Plunutsud pls

I saw a few rage threads last night, but that was when the corpse vanish timer was just 15 secs on the PTS.
    • Up x 1
  3. ncDieseL

People who don't understand how to cover a room correctly complain about zombie/necro armies etc. Personally, I've never seen the problem. Let them revive each other, I'll put them down and get another free kill.

I feel sorry for medics, it's quite the nerf for them really. I'll certainly be certing in to medic kits, unless you've got a medic right next to you revives are going to be few and far between.
    • Up x 2
  4. Hiding in VR

I am trying to work out how often I have been revived before 15 seconds have passed and how often I have revived someone before 15 seconds have passed. Honestly I have no idea, but I don't think it is a large number. I can't imagine many people will get revived in Bio-labs if this goes live.

Annoyingly the situations where being revived is most strategically important are the situations where 15 seconds in the least realistic IMO.
  5. Regpuppy

It's 30 seconds now, so not as bad as people think. It use to be 60 seconds, so people get to those bodies quicker than you think.
    • Up x 1
  6. libbmaster

Gives me reason to giddy-up.

Still have yet to test it, willing to bet that it's not as bad as it's been hyped up to be.

Also noticed in the patch notes that they made the icon blink when the timer gets low. Sounds very helpful.
  7. Hiding in VR

Cool.

That will be a warning signal that the nanites are about to loose cohesion.

Actually, I like that idea. They should make the bodies suddenly turn to liquid and flow away :D
    • Up x 1
  8. ncDieseL

It's a terrible change. A little game breaking for me right now, on a massive death streak :(
  9. Testatastic

Yeah I am a big support player and this has hurt me quite a bit. However it got me thinking. If we put back the old timers and also gave the medic the ability to remove dead enemy bodies. It would have to be a tool that replaces the medic gun for balance reasons but it could add a nice new dynamic to the game.