Scheduled Maintenance February 27th, 2014 6 AM PT (3 PM CET)

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Feb 26, 2014.

1. ncDieseL

That's not very easy to do when you are in the most vehicles, the 'look' is limited, and pretty T means you lose a crosshair/reticle.
  2. Spaw 13

Like I said before, I think that for those who bought a complete set for a camo, a free random camo (at 500SC with the new system) is a good compensation.
    • Up x 3
  3. TommyXXL

STOP DREAMING ABOUT NIGHT TIME, I ALWAYS CHANGE MY LCD PROFILE TO A BRIGHTER ONE WHEN THERE IS NIGHT!
    • Up x 1
  4. ncDieseL

It's pointless being dropped in the warpgate when you log in. Most people press redeploy to find a fight, if they can't find one they respawn at the warpgate again and take a vehicle. You can still choose to deploy at the warpgate if you need to. I'm a little confused why you think this needs a written explanation?
    • Up x 2
  5. Pootisman

Great changes, but i hope we dont get another 7h downtime during primtetime because im very close to the next WDS reward on all 3 chars and today is the last day of the season.
  6. Nephi1im

Yea, I mean come on SOE.... Every business in the world gives people the difference when they mark something down.... RIGHT?

Seriously, leave it to the online gaming community to see something like "camo now 1/3 the price it used to be!!!" as getting screwed. I bought plenty of camo before, and now I get to spend less. WIN WIN.
    • Up x 3
  7. SuecoViacho

The Thing is i just bought a not so good looking Grey camo with green (or somethingelse) in it cuz i wanted something black but 3000 sc was to much for Grey scales so i took 1500 sc, and now 2 days later they tell me i can get greyscales for a 1000 TOTAL???? GIVE ME MY SC BACK, plz soe, plz
    • Up x 4
  8. UKAvenger

I only make the point that its nice to have that feel of a home base area (like sanctuaries are in PlanetSide), i'm not the only one to dislike this change. It also encourages the use of teleporting about, especially for new players to the game, all for the sake of a 10 second wait to see that screen anyway. Teleporting around is something that needs to be culled rather than promoted, but thats another thread.

Its going live anyway so hopefully it wont have the effect i think it will! hehe.
    • Up x 2
  9. Simbaholic

Can you not.
    The night's were fine how they were and added some more tactical depth to the game. Also it's only been a week since revamped Amerish was released, that's not nearly enough time to get substantial feedback on whether people like it or not.

Rest of the patch looks fine but that has soured it a lot.
    • Up x 3
  10. Bindlestiff

Good for you. There are plenty of people who want to play the game as it was intended and have an immersive experience, not squeeze every last possible ounce of visual quality and fidelity from the game until we are playing either Wireframeside 2, Planetshadowless 2, Uglyside 2, PlanetWashedoutside 2 or AaaaahMyEyesWhyAreYouSoBrightside 2. Or should that be PlanetWireframeWashedoutUglyAahmyeyesButicanseeyounomatterwhatSide 2

Each to their own I guess.

I bet you still ***** about Vanu being hard to see on your supernova settings.
    • Up x 8
  11. Bindlestiff

Hopefully it will stop people fannying around in the warpgate.
    • Up x 1
  12. ncDieseL

With continent locking, most of the warpgates will be capable, so they can't really be considered "home bases" anymore than other base.
    • Up x 2
  13. ZZYZX

I am absolutely blown away by the number of narrow-minded whiners who can only look at tiny changes from their own point of view...and who cry about the smallest thing like it's going to ruin their lives.

Heaven forbid you might have to take 2 minutes to adapt to the miniscule changes and then go on playing the free game like nothing ever happened...until the next miniscule change comes along and you can throw another tantrum.

It's got to be hard for the devs when they try to improve the game for the greater good, but the selfish kids can't grasp the concept of "other players."

Half the reasons given for the whining had simple solutions or workarounds. You guys are unreal.

Thanks for the work devs. Some of us understand that the number of people on the forums represent a minority of registered players, and a unique subset of opinions.
    • Up x 4
  14. UKAvenger

Oh yeah! good point :) in that case bring back sancs ;) i just like the game world to feel big thats all im getting at.
    • Up x 2
  15. Ripshaft

Excellent set of changes; revive timers are a very key addition, though I hope you've fixed it so that the revive signal always gets sent... it's very common currently that if the ui is loading after you die and a medic tries to revive you, the revive doesn't register.

But whatever even if that's not fixed everything is better than before, so giggidy!
  16. Darthy

Thanks guys, the European server thanks you for all of these improvements. I can't wait to try them out although I do have a question. So if corpses are removed within thirty seconds, does that mean better performance in huge biolab battles? :D
    • Up x 1
  17. Godsmangamer

I would really like to know more about how they were JACKED
    thanks for fixing but this sounds like a really interesting bug.
    Good job on Patch/patch notes and can't wait for downtime to over ;)
    • Up x 1
  18. NewbMewb

"Starting the game now puts you in the deploy screen instead of at the warpgate"

Finally !!!
    • Up x 1
  19. Brainlaag

UFFF, 30s dead timer is really short. You might want to rethink that and raise the number. Also sadface at Amerish nighttime change.
  20. Diodeone

So, does this mean people who bought the same camo for weapon vehicle and armor will be reimbursed with certs for having to purchase it separately in the past for the weapon the vehicle and the armor?
    • Up x 3