Server Downtime for Patch February 20, 2014 6 AM PT (3 PM CET)

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Feb 19, 2014.

1. H4YW1R3

Everything looks good except this. Just couldn't leave us one continent without the lattice? And now Sungrey is ruined. Amp station fights have always been my favorite. Now there are three I can't stand to go near, and only do so if absolutely necessary during an alert. The design of Freyr, Zurvan, and now Sungrey feel as though they are actually designed to protect the assaulting force. Which is ridiculous. The only decent thing I can take from this base design is an attempt at making the useless LA class feel useful, but I'm not buying.
    • Up x 1
  2. MrEdweird

Before you gentlemen switch to slander in SOE's name about having deleted your accounts or removed your characters consider that the login servers are down and this exact same thing happens after pretty much every maintenance period.

Besides, when you know that the server are not up why are you even trying to get in...
    • Up x 1
  3. mblades

no sir you are if you think this patch is like previous patches. I dont know if you know but if you rush it and didnt check properly you will end up having multiple hot-fixes to fix possible bugs that came from this. I rather this patch is done right than have it out now then next day or two spammed with hot-fixes.
  4. BarkaThaGreat

monthly sub here! i could care less either way on this. all that matters to me is that i get compensated for time lost for things i pay for. like my heroic boost. that is a timed use product i payed for. if i can't even get on to use it then SOE must compensate me for any time lost.

but on a small side note, sure they have jobs like most people and it means squat. why? because they are providers of a product witch others are paying for. and since we can't use that product for witch we payed.......
  5. Pondera

@.@ Dude, I can barely write javascript here.... The possibility of getting a job in the field of computer programming scares the spandex off me simply because I'll just look down one day and be all "WHAT IS THIS?!!?!?!" <=(
  6. Robertooooo

Is it really worth it for 3 1 hour boosts? :D
  7. Strangesoldier

They have lost our characters dammit >.< i have spent 18 days in my basement mouth breathing and the only thing ill have to show for that is a neck beard , how very dare you ;)
  8. Fisk Black

chist, how to not patch a game -.-
  9. zionsoldier

What are you on?
  10. Nintyuk

Well I'm Playing pokemon in the mean time, Via Twitch.tv.
  11. Shakex

Im ready to try Amerish.....
  12. mblades

True it should have but live and test might as well be different planets since one sees alot of people on it and the other barely anyone of course having it out the door early isnt a good thing since we will get multiple hot fixes like previous patches before.
  13. Kuchinawa212

Hey guys I don't know really want is going on I'll go back and re-read, but I just got the patch and started the game up. It didn't take me to my guy but the Char creation screen. Did I do something wrong? Like download the patch too early? I'm not mad or anything just wondering if this a common problem.

Anyway I dunno if any devs reading this for people's thoughts on the patch but I got the game a few days ago and I love it! Even just got my roommate to start last night.
  14. Nintyuk

Trollium, It's like Valium but for you Electronic-Pe en.
    • Up x 1
  15. lp998

Dude. Chill. The chars just don't appear because the game can't connect to the server and retrieve char data.
  16. TheBlazing

I should also point out that patching during prime time or generally when people want to play is almost suicidal from a technical perspective. The moment you unlock the servers thousands of people are going to pour in all at the same time and extreme lag, if not a full-fledged crash, is almost assured.

If you auto-patched your servers during local night time this issue would not exist.
    • Up x 3
  17. Shazam89

My characters are still showing up....all of them. So calm down guys.
    • Up x 1
  18. Jazlyn Keppler

ffs SOE get your **** together and bring back the servers already....
  19. ncDieseL

I'VE TOLD YOU, READ YOUR REPLIES!
  20. Boomotang

First of all, I'm Canadian, not American. But I find it selfish for players to demand that developers work ridiculous hours so that there is no down time for playing a VIDEO GAME. This isn't an essential service that we're talking about here.
    • Up x 2