Server Downtime for Patch February 20, 2014 6 AM PT (3 PM CET)

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Magicool

we're past 5 hours can we have game nao?
    gib game nao!
    • Up x 1
  2. SegovaX

3. kadney

Would like to know what the cloak looks like on low settings for you. Because for me, it's nearly invisible and they are way easier to see on medium.
  4. salembeats

Sounds like you've got the routine rehearsed down to the detail... :eek:
    • Up x 2
  5. 3asyD

Continent locking should have been in game from day one.
    • Up x 1
  6. Alizona

That is what I've been trying to say with my posts on lattice. You've described it perfectly.

As someone else said earlier... SONY clearly wants "brute force" battles, they clearly do NOT want the sort of smaller strategic conflcts you describe. That is precisely what the lattice system was designed to prevent.
    • Up x 1
  7. ThrowFives

Just cancelled my Premium Membership.

After a full year and hundreds of dollars spent, I can't see myself giving any more money to this team. Somebody needs to figure out how to make things better for the customer experience, up to and including managing their expectations.

I still plan on playing. Maybe someday I'll renew. But I like entertainment I can fit into my schedule. Not entertainment that has a schedule to fit.

Don't look for me on crowded continents, I'll be waiting at the warpgate, pointlessly shooting the terminals.
    • Up x 4
  8. I am Nex

You are wrong, here is why:
    1. I payed for station cash that was spent on this game. I hate the lattice system because it decreases my options.
    2. It wasn't broken in the first place. It was better for so many reasons. Now the game is a zerg fest and whoever has the bigger zerg wins.
    3. The latice system benefits my main faction, TR. I still hate it. On matherson, my server, we almost always lose. It is because we cant outplay the VS zerg anymore. And the nc have all but quit.

SOE is holding YOUR hand because you cant figure out what targets are higher priority.
  9. HeavyYield

Without lattice, the game is just in WDS mode 24/7.
  10. Starforcex

Its getting old listening to people that dont actually support the game make demands to the developers... You need to learn to adapt its a part of life!!!!!!
  11. salembeats

It looks semitransparent -- like an alpha blend rather than a shader effect.

It was easier to find ones which were standing still on Low, and easier to find ones which were moving on Medium and above, but not by a massive margin.

Have you seen the "old" low settings, which punished Infiltrators for others' inability to afford decent computers? Infiltrators showed up as highly visible greyish blobs. Anyone who wanted to play "competitively" would run on "low" and treated each cloaked Infiltrator as an easy, highly visible target which couldn't fire back. Infiltrators sacrificed 100 shields to change their color to grey, effectively.

There is no perfect solution for "low" settings, but it is better to err on the side of "less visible" than "more visible".
  12. GlueHead

I hope we get +x amounts of hours lost now for the WDS.
  13. y077er

Just got a 41Mb update and have'nt even played the Patch yet ?
    • Up x 1
  14. Prehistoricman

Here's a tip:
    always set you ETA to 5 hours, because it ALWAYS is 5 hours. I think the glass is well under half empty in these situations. An accurate ETA is not essential. A deadline that can be met is.

The reason the engineer is not OP is because the engie does not have a recon device or 360 degree view. The engineer can be easily, in my experience, taken from behind if not supported by another engie or infiltrator.
  15. Teeman

I can solve this easy

SOE If you stick with the current once a week patch schedule then that’s 52 days a year that your biggest market is offline during primetime and not spending station cash

It’s lose a day’s EU money or pay someone overtime and start the patches earlier

Money talks ;)
  16. Magicool

[IMG]
    • Up x 18
  17. Superbunny

no more tr ghost capping on amerish in mornings on miller thank you soe!
    • Up x 1
  18. Bindlestiff

Fingers crossed for you then pal. Being 75 away is so close!
  19. salembeats

lolololol
    • Up x 1
  20. slawo

time over!!!