What is the the striker suppose to do now??

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by LT_Latency, Feb 15, 2014.

1. Kristan

Devs tried to make PS1 Striker but created abomination.
    PS1 Striker had 1.5 sec lock on, 300 meters range and dumbfire.
    PS2 Striker have 2.25 sec lock on, 300 meters range and no dumbfire. Also affected by flares. Missiles are not thermal guided anymore! They are sensor guided now and flares should have no effect on them!
  2. lothbrook

Just speed up the rate that the rockets are fired, thats all.
  3. Turyen

What's the striker supposed to do now? Smash into a rock, tree or building like every lock-on now! :p
  4. Villanuk

The striker got nerfed by whine side, as the VS and NC could not tolerate us having a half decent weapon. Take this in comfort, as least we don't wear spandrels or whine like NC who ave to have then most OP weapons, god forbid we nerf the vangard or godsaw.

Striker RIP with our SC
  5. Copperhead

I would say the striker now fills the same niche that both the phoenix and lancer fill. Which, is a launcher that's best used in a group.
  6. Kristan

Just like any other launcher. :rolleyes:
  7. Meeka

A Liberator will obliterate you before you even got a rocket off with the Striker.

The Striker is only useful in wide open terrain, of which there's only a few spots it can be used; unlike the Lancer and the Phoenix which are useful in many-a-situations.
  8. Copperhead

Yes. but the way most TR behave, they think they should be able to solo anything with the striker, which is absurd.
  9. LT_Latency

this isn't true IMO.

Every single TR used the Striker spam strategy it was our bread and butter for a LONG time. Now we all stopped shooting it for a reason. Group striker spam just happened on TR before now it is totally gone. That happened for a reason.
  10. Turyen

I think people just want their weapons competitive, I'd never be caught with that over-sized flare gun.
  11. Copperhead

Well, that's the way of things. Just because people have decided it's not worth using, doesn't mean it's worthless. I bought the phoenix but never use it. That's because I feel better off with a deci most of the time and the amount of times where a phoenix squad would be viable are few and far between. While I would consider the opposite to be true with the striker, a striker squad would still rip a part a tank column quicker than a phoenix squad.
  12. LT_Latency

That doesn't even make sense. This thread has clearly explained why it's not worth using over other tools.

The phoenix at the very least has a unique function in that it goes around corners. Right now the striker has nothing except it's more likely to get you killed.

If they let us drive the striker around corners I would take that, At least it would do something other weapons we have don't do better
  13. Riku

They're more effective against liberators who don't focus you out. Any smart crew will do it, though, I don't deny it. We laugh and shrug strikers off, but I did that pre-nerf as well. The average user we call "striker monkey" isn't exactly smart.
  14. sindz

Not ruin the game anymore.
  15. Nephera

the problem with using it in groups is it doesnt really allow for a powerful alpha strike like the other two ES launchers, just a barrage of missiles that can ALL be deflected by smoke or flares. and it runs the risk of your anti tank group being engaged before firing a shot
    • Up x 1
  16. Pikachu

What makes it special in a group? The other esml have special features but low dps which requires groups of them to make good use of the specialness. What is different of a group of strikers to one of annihilators?
    • Up x 1
  17. Kaktwox

The Striker fulfills the TR empire specific trait of being underwhelming, uninspired, and outclassed by a similar NS weapon.
    • Up x 2
  18. AdmiralArcher

oh dear god i cant stop laughing XD

that is literally the epitome of useless XD
  19. Suicide Trooper

There are no advantages in using Striker over Annihilator now. Absolutely.
    - No other gun makes you so vulnerable to enemy fire.
    - Tracking requirement means that you can hit targets that are on the open or static, while movement across terrain with hills and trees renders your target almost invulnerable to your fire.
    Annihilator is fire-and-forget, meaning it is faster to reload, which compensates slightly smaller damage.
    • Up x 1
  20. ComradeHavoc

Strikers teams are still a giant pain in the *** to combined arms. Especially if they all target the same thing.