Server Downtime for DB Maintenance February 11, 2014 6 AM PT (3 PM CET)

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Feb 10, 2014.

1. Xandax

Oh how unexpected - yet another messed up downtime hitting the very same players once again as all the other times. /golfclap.

Incompetence - thy name is ...... well.....
    • Up x 2
  2. Daikar

I guess what the devs can take away from all the whine and cries about the servers being down is that we really love your game and can't stand to be without it even for one day!
    • Up x 3
  3. GalXEEEEE

I wish i lived in Europe...
  4. Bvenged

No no, nothing to worry about. Just SOE are notorious atm for buggering up the patch somehow and extending the downtime.

Worse case, there'll be some funny bugs in-game, but considering this is a non-game patch, I can't really think of anything going wrong except difficulty to log in.
  5. Mahariel

We've been excluded from the PlayerStudio for quite some time, although I haven't checked on it in a few months. It's not a huge deal, but I wonder if and when we get it that it'll be hard to create something original. I'm not even sure of the specifics, really. I presume creations are voted for and approved by SOE? I tend not to get my hopes up over things out of my reach xD

As for the servers, it's a shame their schedule doesn't suit Europe but there's not much that can be done about it. I would love some certification compensation, though! It's not like they don't give them away anyway, I'm always glad for the free 12 certs after a break from playing, even though it's a pittance in the grand scheme of things.
  6. Sithrath

So correct me if i'm wrong;
    Patch to reduce long login time on patch days which takes 5 hours, for now...
    If i add up all the waiting after a patch for login it won't be this much, ever :)

Anyway the problem is these patches are always in EU prime time or scheduled just before EU prime time.
    It just doesn't sound fair...
  7. Xandax

That's because it's a normal business you're in, and it goes for most in the software industry.

However, here the customers don't come first as is evidently by causing issues for the same customer base over and over and over and over, each and every time.[/quote]
    • Up x 2
  8. GalXEEEEE

How do you "accidentally" spend certs in the training room? Just curious because i was under the impression everything was free there. Plus a second block of C4 is not a bad buy if you know when to use it.
  9. Clerqn

i wouldn't mind to wait 5 hours if the patch would fix the way to big CPU usage.. :)
    (little hint)
  10. innersphere1

Lol.. i leaved home at 2,30 pm ..i was pretty sure i could play now ..... i come here and i see " Scheduled maintenance" but scheduled is not, like everytime.
  11. FoeYongHai

If I recall correctly it stated 2,5 hours downtime initially. Now it states 5 hours. I see what you did there.

Oh well, I'll check back later.
  12. Xandax

The only way SOE have found to reduce login time is to eliminate login entirely.
    • Up x 3
  13. TNSxMichael

xDDDD good one
  14. alexkahn1

You act as if this doesnt happen every other day.

At least when i was playing this during Beta, the game actually ran, looked fantastic (before the PS4 graphics nerf 'reoptimisation') and i could actually log in. Oh, and there werent updates every other day in EU prime time.

And at least your country (which i presume is the US) is on the 'Select your country' drop down menu. Great Britain isnt even on there!!
  15. Xandax

More than one company have made that mistake; and seen their customers leave in droves.
    This game has already lost huge amount of players - it cannot really afford to loose many more.
  16. Rebone

A
    And I think that it even gives you a warning notification if you try to cert something in VR.
  17. jaktrobot

So i payed for a boost and totaly forgot about maint. i sure didnt expect this long down time :(

Dubble exp weekend again pls?
  18. Commander Tychus

Well I sure do hope that they put in the Sniper update soon...im gettin' an itchin' trigger finger that want to shoot up with those rifles at the elmos and barnies...
  19. Bl00dZeus

What ammo ?
  20. dp_nox

Take your time, make it 10 hours if you need to, hell take half of tomorrow too.
    There's hardly any good fights anyways with the World Redeploy Series going on...

Then give us Double XP when the new Amerish is out and there are confused people running around waiting to be shot :)