Sick of nc overpop

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by jaktrobot, Feb 9, 2014.

1. HadesR

All depends how you read the stats .. You are reading the kills ( Which is hard to judge since the Number of users vary )

While if you read the KPU .. Gauss is actually behind the Orion and Carv .. While the SVA88 has the 2nd best KPU of all LMG's behind the Anchor.

KPU Increase after PUO2

Gauss: Increased by : 0.33
    Carv: Increased by : 0.84
    Orion: Increased by : 0.43

I'm not seeing a great disparity between the weapons or a HUGE buff to the NC
    • Up x 7
  2. axiom537

Actually those numbers look pretty good to me for balance, you are never going to achieve perfect balance. Sure the Guass Saw is showing more total kills, but its KPU as well as most of the other LMG's for the NC are all lower then the TR's and when we look at the total kills of all weapons that classify as LMG the difference between the NC and TR is about 3%, that's pretty damn close.

Also, since PU2 NC have had an up take in their population, no one denies that. Well if the NC are fielding more HA's wielding the Gauss Saw it only stands to reason they would have more kills in comparison to the other LMG's
    • Up x 4
  3. Horrida Messor

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't it VS who won WDS pre-season? We even got a special title for that.
    • Up x 1
  4. HadesR

Since I'm not a Tanker I can't really comment on if the Vanguard shield needs tweaking or not , but in regards to Infantry weapons. Across the board it seems pretty balanced atm ..
    • Up x 1
  5. Jalek

Does it differentiate between TK's and kills that are scored? Popping an engie turret is a surefire way to get shot in the head by a "friendly". NC is always the most interesting faction.
  6. EmmettLBrown

The TR were dominating followed by the VS and then the NC. SOE did some "score balancing" based off of populations and VS won overall because of that.
  7. Moisture

NC overpop is a pleasant change from this summer on Waterson.
  8. Killuminati C

You're being ridiculous. The game is more balanced now than it's ever been and I've got a BR 44 and BR 51 (I think?) VS and TR respectively. You're probably getting killed by low BR's with the Saw because of NC overpop and nothing more.

Honestly though, nerf the Saw and any NC that has any other LMG will not give a ****. Then when the other factions get the flame throwers for their maxes give the NC a mid range option in the same update (emphasis on SAME). As to you're earlier post about the "I win" shield, really? What does the Van have going for it if you take away it's one strength? Just buff the Mag's velocity and fixed.

Just because you feel the NC is OP let's not jump to the conclusion that it's a common consensus cause most other players don't seem to be reaching the same conclusion otherwise you'd see quite a few more "nerf NC" threads. There are already a couple posts here where they're obviously not NC players and they're saying nerfs aren't the answer as opposed to pop locks etc.
    • Up x 1
  9. Alzir

NC having a good time of it is a welcome change of pace :) It's my least played faction, other than beta, but seeing more NC on Woodman, where I'm TR, and Ceres, where I'm vanu, and seeing the improvement in their faction is a very welcome challenge to overcome. They've been poor for far too long.
    • Up x 1
  10. Kaindestroi

Before the lattice system it wasn't such a big deal to be under populated. you could always conduct guerrilla warfare and go and back cap to split the zergs up.
    Lattice forces you into headons whit the over populated zergs making the experience so much more painful.

I think it was a huge mistake to introduce it and we barely had any whine at all about over population before it.
    • Up x 2
  11. NBA JAM

Or, as myself and other PS1 vets have screamed at SOE since release: Make it so you can't 4th faction. At least not as often kind of how it was in PS1 with the faction switch timer.
  12. Bindlestiff

I'll give you world population is ok (at least on our server). Continent balance is screwed though. Last night you guys had anywhere from 45% upto 65% (I think, maybe even a shade higher) for a prolonged period on both Esamir and Amerish. I'm sure the stats sites that people link to these days will show this to be the case. Indar was reasonable steady throughout.

I don't know what the answer is, but it seems there are some who don't see a problem. Facing a mega zerg, or multiple super zergs, with limited tactical options to nullify, and on multiple continents, is both boring and a complete waste of time. It rids the other two factions of the whole reason they are playing - fun.

If the rest of the factions walk away and either leave the game or just join NC, have fun playing NCside 2.
  13. z1967

Yes, because losing one bullet, 40 m/s, and a dreadfully slow relaid time is... You get the point. Aside from that, the TR have no 167 damage carbines and the existing ones are fairly bad (except the Trac 5 and apparently the T5 AMC). Aside from that, the NC weapons suffer from vertical recoil, which, compared to the TR's horizontal recoil, which is over exaggerated as being really bad. All that needs to be done is drag down on the mouse and boom. Your shots land on target. Aside from that, 200 damage is not really much of a trade off for what, 5 less rounds? Bad fire rate? It's a long range weapon, not a SMG. I really just think the NC is fine, but the other factions need to be brought up to speed in weapon choice and faction traits. And that even extends to vehicles and MAXes to an extent.
  14. Vearo

Overpop is OP. PS2 needs to add logistics so that higher pop factions need to spend some of their numbers to sustain their assaults. This also allows the lower pop factions to harass supply lines and even up fights.
    • Up x 2
  15. EmmettLBrown

That is impossible when you can make free accounts.
    • Up x 1
  16. Masterofm

You are only giving 98% there soldier. You need to give 100%

At least to make what you say hold water and not be some random number you threw out.
  17. Ganelon

18. TekFan

Today I've had the biggest pop-divergence I've seen for a long time: 39% NC, 29% VS and 32% TR on Cobalt.
    Around the time when I started in the alpha-squad it was sometimes about 45% NC, then after one of the patches TR had an advantage because of their high firing rate and hit-connection and it switched to TR >50% at times.

But playing across factions I can't agree that the NC is OP.
    I've got to say that the MAX I find most dangerous on the battlefield is the TR version. Mercy's have more effective range than any NC-MAX can dream of. The rotary canon of the TR-HA is a beast and often costs my NC-medics live despite headshots. No airial fleet is harder to take down than the vanu.
    NC-weapons are by far the hardest to handle, having some of the highest crosshair-movement per shot and slowest bullets I experienced.
  19. Taemien

Funny thing about that. Comparing Highest DPS Assault Rifles the NC gets a neat 1666 dps.. where as TR enjoys 1780-1900 dps depending on the weapon.
    • Up x 3
  20. AzureKnight

Until an alert happens or this event happens then all the fourth factioners return to VS to make it closer to 35%/34%/31%