WDS: The Battle Begins

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Feb 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeslis

same with VS on matherson.. sigh...
  2. ncDieseL

People crashing out on Miller, then not able to get back in. Organised platoons falling apart because leaders crash out and don't come back. WDS off to a great start so far!
  3. Shadowhunter1

nice screen shot of connery prime time. yet SOE says there is not a faction imbalance on connery still. I may not have a P.H.D. in mathematics but i know which number is bigger than the other. only wish SOE would also see that too.
    • Up x 1
  4. eatcow0

Don't watch streams in general. TY for letting me know.
  5. Luperza Community Manager

Strategies? This is just a fun community event we're running. We're doing a second pre-season to test out some new systems we added, so please provide us with feedback within the WDS threads. :)

Is this still not showing up for you?

There's a thread regarding this issue. Please keep all discussion on that topic over there: https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/are-servers-up-or-down.171966/page-3

We never said there would never be faction imbalances. There will be times where each faction is not even.

What we had stated was that in our tests, we did not see a large correlating issue between population and the WDS Scoring. Most of our tests showcased the warpgate imbalances and that's something we have put a new system in for, so we're testing it out and seeing how it works for PS2WDS Preseason 2.

We're going to go over some more info on our livestream tonight too as David "Malorn" Bennett is one of the key Game Designers working on the system. :) If you have questions, comments or concerns, tune in tonight and ask away! :D
  6. ncDieseL

Is that why some warpgates rotated today any others didn't? I.e. on miller Esamir and Amerish warpgates rotated, but the Indar warpgates did not.
  7. Luperza Community Manager

Yes, warpgates will no longer rotate for the sake of rotating.

They will rotate based on set positions that the Development Team has found to be balanced. :)
  8. Serafine

On Ceres there is no "times when factions are not even". The NC has permanent overpopulation (usually they have between 38 and 44% global population), except for some very rare situations.

I do not say that this comes from NC being overpowered (except maybe that Vanguard shield), in fact it comes from decades of NC being underpowered and now that it is on pair with other factions a lot of people who didn'tr play it before due to NC performance issues find it very appealing.

NC being good isn't a bad thing, but their overpopulation is just killing any fair competition. Same stand s for other servers and their overpopulated faction.

Look at this data and say again that WDS score has nothing to do with population:

http://borderlinetactical.net/rsnc/world-domination-series/
    http://borderlinetactical.net/rsnc/world-population/?world_id=11&zoom=1
    http://borderlinetactical.net/rsnc/world-population/?world_id=17&zoom=1
    http://borderlinetactical.net/rsnc/world-population/?world_id=1&zoom=1

It clearly does. Facts don't cease to exist because you ignore them.
  9. AdmiralArcher

please make sure that warpgates CANNOT rotate during alerts

last night around 1, the warpgates rotated with 10 minutes left on the alert, needless to say, the TR lost that alert and we were very close to winning
    • Up x 1
  10. AdmiralArcher

lol, last WDS was a joke, i played for Vanu back then, it was fun (because it didnt make sense at all, but we just kept capping territory)

and then there was the showdown :mad::(

AND THEY ******* VOTED FOR THE WINNER!!

it was at that point, that SOE knew, they had done ****** up

they wont make that mistake again, but now, the TR will undoubtedly loose, at least on Connory we will
  11. MickeySerendipity

I'd honestly be surprised if you did, since nobody playing the game has been paying the slightest attention to the scoring system until today.
  12. Serafine

Some impressions from the Ceres NC (Friday midday and night). Good job SOE, you really improved the gameplay *thumbsup*

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  13. Tragachinos

You do realize that switching to NC during the alert only makes things worse, right? I know that playing underpopulated faction isn't fun, but come on, this Ceres NC overpopulation comes from vanu and tr switching to nc for the alerts. Mostly vanu in fact, as their population usually suffers bigger drops than TR's when the alert starts. With no alerts the population difference isn't that big.

P.S.Btw, population level on Esamir when the last screenshot was taken (at the end of the biolab alert) was around 83% NC xD And 57% on Amerish I think.
  14. Robyn

You missed the big air vehicle parking slot problem on an AMP station at the ending of the alert. :D
  15. Zorro

Quite marvelous costumes! How much did they cost to manufacture?
  16. sebo

didnt the WG just rotate last week? wasnt it suppose to be once a month? and its usually counterclock wise but of course if they did that it wouldnt put TR back to the N Warpgate. this is such BS and clearly SOE is biased about this and trying to get the TR to win... we all know what happened last time and how the VS got screwed even though they clearly won.

SOE you people are pathetic. i really could care less who wins but it's obvious you people are biased.

yeah because everyone knows the team with the N warpage constantly has half the map.. how is that balanced? the reason for the rotate was to make it fair for everyone.. this should be what the PLAYERS wanted not what some biased devs want. how about you declare them the winner prematurely like you did last time?
  17. MickeySerendipity

Last time this event was done VS won. The scoring system was even changed halfway through to reduce the TR lead (again, due to overpop).

If you're talking about the "contest" with the youtube idiots, that wasn't changed. Most people just didn't realise it was a popularity contest right from the start (twitter? facebook? I forget).
    IIRC VS zeroed in on the in-game sideshow and coated Amerish with Magriders ahead of time instead of voting.
  18. InvitroCanibal

Thank you for being nerds
  19. NevarxTR

You're funny.
    TR is never going to win this WDS. We are underpopped. The north warpgate doesn't matter for us.
    Did you not look at the leaderboards? Were in dead last.
  20. Giggily

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

I'm seriously at a loss for words for how SOE didn't realize that this would happen.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.