Strange lag issue

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Jaxxx, Jan 16, 2014.

1. GaryOak

Make sure you mention in the support ticket that the EU servers work fine while the US East servers are unplayable.

The SOE employee who was in here earlier thought we had no idea what we were talking about partially because there were several people with completely different problems also posting in this thread. This is an extremely bizarre issue that I have never seen before, so I understand why SOE support thinks we don't know what we're talking about.
  2. Shadowhunter1

it has been happening since the last patch and steadily getting worse.
  3. Saval

It's been going on since the ESF update on January 16th.
    • Up x 2
  4. NoctD

Actually it started just before - I noticed it the night before the ESF update too.

And yes right now its happening for me.
    • Up x 2
  5. Falqe

I'm also having this issue all of today on Waterson server, people and vehicles warping all over the place, comms are fine, turning on things like shield are slow, weapons fire like normal and hit their target on time but the hit is detected a second later. Its pretty much unplayable which is a shame as I'm just getting into the game with my new character!

Tested my internet and everything is fine my end. EU servers seem to be fine too.

Any updates on this issue SOE?
  6. Gruntilda

Issue is still very, very present. It seems to calm down for the off-peak hours, but come primetime on the server it lags to hell and back.

Absolute insanity that this is still going on.
  7. Dirty Mcgriddle

Tried playing again. Problem is still rearing its ugly head. Thank god I have a DCUO lifetime sub. Not sinking any more money into this game after the All Access Pass changes go live.

Some kind of response would be nice, ANY kind of response would be nice. Even a "we're looking into to" or even "go fornicate with yourself" would be appreciated, yet the devs are so scared of their own forums that they can't even post here. That makes me feel REAL secure when it comes to monetarily supporting this product ><
  8. Saval

Waterson server worked perfectly fine for me without any lag around 6:00 p.m. eastern. I only played for 30 minutes then logged off to do some other things. It's now 12:30 a.m. eastern and there is unplayable lag and desync on Waterson on Esamir which leads me to believe that something is overloaded with traffic and can't handle the load, especially during primetime hours. And when I say unplayable lag I mean it takes several minutes for the map to load, terminals to work, certs to come, etc. I'm really really getting tired of posting here.
  9. PastalavistaBB

Aaaand, it's back. I didn't got this issue for a few weeks and now it's back! Well done SOE!
  10. Dirty Mcgriddle

Issue is still there. Dev response and support isn't.
  11. Riley5

12. Chezze

il sign under this. game is messed up after the update.
    I can play for 10-15 min then everyone starts warping around and all my actions takes ages to do. Its like im getting a major desynch.

Checked everything els in my system. other games works good. Im playing on woodman.
    • Up x 1
  13. Entropologist

14. Raxxyl Ryan "Raxxyl" Wells

We're looking into this.
  15. DeusExForever

Connery, it's simply unplayable from the east coast.

When Maxes are popping up like they're cloaked to shoot you dead, the lag is extreme. It truly feels like the server latency is at 500ms (almost as bad as playing on Russian servers during F.E.A.R. multiplayer). Have excellent hardware and bandwidth, but this is the only game I've played on a nice $2000 parts computer to run like this.
  16. AssaultPig

is this now the thread where people are posting about this issue? I'd really like to know what kind of client side info would be helpful in diagnosing it.

I realize some folks think it's related to an NJ-specific issue with verizon, but I'm nowhere near there and still having consistent trouble even at offpeak hours so that doesn't seem like the only culprit (unless the server is physically located in NJ?)
  17. AbuYahya

Yep its back!! It cleared up for a week or so for me and now is back with a vengeance. I am on Ceres and Woodman and can confirm the EU servers can and DO still suffer from this warping/lag/desync, and I doubt it is connected to the NJ issue which is now on a separate thread.
    Although I would be happy to be proved wrong, provided they fix this PERMANENTLY asap. I don't want to find that it keeps coming back every update or couple of weeks. Please please SOE sort this out once and for all.
  18. Dirty Mcgriddle

In an effort to speed up resolution, I will now post a combination of instructions given to some of us experiencing these issues. If you have a support ticket open, please include this information in it. If you have NOT opened up a ticket, please do so.

Instructions:

1. Go to Start > All Programs > Accessories, right-click the Command Prompt and select "Run as administrator"
    Windows 8 - Press the WINDOWS and X keys together and then click on Command Prompt (Admin). Click Yes to the User Account Control message that appears.

2. Copy and paste the below commands into your command prompt. You can paste into your command prompt by right clicking and selecting paste.

ipconfig /all > c:\netinfo.txt
    tracert lp.soe.com >> c:\netinfo.txt
    pathping lp.soe.com >> c:\netinfo.txt

These commands will not output to the command prompt, they will create a file named c:\netinfo.txt

Make sure to run each command one at a time. Because you are outputting to a file, it will appear as though nothing is happening for a while, especially on the second and third commands. Make sure you wait for the cursor to pop up again and allow you to type before proceeding to the next step. Once complete, please attach the file c:\netinfo.txt to your ticket.

Once attached, please provide the following information:

Connection Information:
    - Who is your ISP?
    - Physical location (City, State, Country)?
    - What is the make & model of your modem?
    and router (if separate)?
    - Type of connection (Wireless/Wired)?
    - DSL, Cable or Fiber?
    - Download and upload speeds (ping, dl, ul; can check this by going to http://speedtest.net/ )?

Also please include a copy of your Direct X configuration files as well as your Microsoft configuration files as well. Instructions on that are as follows:

To create the files on your hard drive, please follow these instructions:

DxDiag.txt
    - Press and hold the Windows key and tap the R key on your keyboard.
    - In the box that pops up type DXDIAG and press Enter on your keyboard.
    - Click the "Save all Information" button, located at the bottom of the program window.
    - In the "Save As" box click the icon in the top bar.
    - Select the desktop and save the file as "dxdiag.txt"

MSinfo.txt
    - Press and hold the Windows key and tap the R key on your keyboard again.
    - In the box that pops up type MSINFO32 and press Enter on your keyboard.
    - Click on the "File" menu and choose "Export..."
    - Select the desktop and save the file as "MSInfo.txt"

Once you have created the files above, go into your ticket and underneath the chat filed area, you will see where it says "Attach additional documents to your incident". Underneath that is a button you can click on that says "Browse". Click it, locate all of the files you created above, and attach them. Note that the netinfo.txt created in the first set of instructions can be found in the root directory of your C drive.

Once you've attached the above information and answered the questions above, click on the blue "Submit" button to send your ticket into SOE. They are aware of the issue and are trying to fix it. We can do out part by sending them as much info as possible so they can find the common element that is preventing us all from playing.
  19. Dirty Mcgriddle

Thank you very much for the response, I know it will go a long way with most of us, knowing that someone finally acknowledged the problem.
  20. zukhov

Last few days on Miller I have been having the typical problem

- long log ins
    - massive lag using terminals etc
    - players and vehicles warping and running in the air.
    - stuck at 32% while logging out.
    • Up x 1