Almost got 250 certs to spend on weapon/attachments... what do?

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Xien, Jan 31, 2014.

1. Crackulous

Get the 250 cert semi-auto shotgun and run around confined bases. Make sure you're not in the open though, or else you're fodder.
  2. Xien

Well when someone snipes me (headshot) from long range when I'm running and cloaked - repeatedly - I mean that's not just a case of "usuxl2play". Let's be honest here, mmkay guys? :D
  3. Xien

lol Dude it's not my fault this game has so many rank 1 aimbot snipers.
  4. Iridar51

Option (3) it is. Suit yourself.
  5. Runegrace

To begin with, don't forget that you can go into VR training to try out all guns and attachments. While the VR dummies don't move or fire back, it'll give you a decent idea of how a gun handles.

A note on our (TR) default guns: they are great. They have high horizontal recoil, but become beautiful once you get a fore grip and 1X reflex on them. Don't think they're bad just because you start with them. They are actually some of my favorite guns to use.

If you want close range, the Jaguar is a great hip fire gun. It has two levels of laser sight, which will allow you to kill people without aiming halo-style in closer ranges. If you play really aggressively, you could also consider grabbing the Haymaker shotgun. Its high fire rate and mag size matches the LA mobility. If you don't have a semi-auto pistol, it does really limit you to close range, however.

If you want range then T5 AMC is fantastic. I run fore grip, compensator, high velocity ammo, and a 2x sight. Long range, accurate, highest muzzle velocity in its class. Still has respectable performance in close ranges, too. This gun was my workhorse carbine before I got auraxium on it, so I highly recommend it.
  6. Xien

Thanks for the reply.

I used to a very aggressive FPS player... but my first instinct when seeing an enemy indicator on PS2 is to run the other way. That's a real problem considering it's a shooter...

How does the default light assault weapon compare to the NS-7-PDW gun I got? I was trying it out in VS with the compensator and the grip and holy ****, finally there's realistic recoil.
  7. Runegrace

I have hundreds of hours in this game, and I can count the number of hackers I've seen on my two hands. No toes required.

There are people in this game that are very good or, at the very worst, laggy, so their bullets kill you 2 seconds after you got into cover. "Hacker" should be the absolute last conclusion you jump to. People like this exist.
  8. Runegrace

I actually just run extended mag and a scope on the NS-7, as its pretty controllable. Compensator negatively affects hip fire, so I tend to keep away from that if I don't need it. The NS PDW is a good gun that's easy to handle, and basically performs like a carbine but with low damage output. Our default Trac-5 offers better damage and muzzle velocity, while only losing out on hip accuracy. Seriously, try the fore grip and 1X or 2X on the thing. You can take down targets at pretty long ranges if you burst a bit. I find 10 round bursts are about the longest you can do before the accuracy goes to hell.
  9. ZeroErrorz

what a hacker looks like
    1.their esf move like hell, there is a video about it
    2.they doesnt take damage, ive seen a guy with a barcode name that survived a full magazine of gr-22 in the face thats straight up hacking
    3.their shooting at the wall at your direction,pretty hard to spot in a big fight but in small its easy to spot
    4.sniper hack is kinda rare dont know if they exist thought, if you got killed by a sniper UR DOING IT WRONG LA is meant for manueverbility keep moving if you see some shot aimed at you, also those jetpack can be used for bunnyhopping.

and lastly if your just TAD bad play medic/engy first to learn the basic, the Assault classes (smg infil,heavy,LA) is reserved for big boys who knows what their doing.
  10. Laxlu

We all are. Planetside 2 is nothing like any other online shooter. You can't be successful aggressive player if you don't know how to play it safe. Learn how not to die in 30 sec after respawn, than you MAYBE have some other progress in game.
    For now, upgrade your PDW - laser sight +100 certs, adv. laser sight +100 certs, suppressor +100 certs. Do not use ADS and you gameplay wont be such frustrating as it is now. If you want to get kills more than 40m away buy forward grip and 3.4x-4x for your TRAC-5. it will cost you 130 certs.
    About cloaking. When you decloak on the open, there is really high chance what someone sees you. It is not hard to predict your path and shoot you down. After each hit you will glow for a moment. When you get shot, its is highly common that other enemy start to shoot at you. So in the end you will get *****. Morale - decloak in hiding places.
    Its a massive game and you cant play it like Q3, CoD or BF. There is ALWAYS someone who see what you doing out there. And he probably already going to get you. Every time you firing in general area of enemy presence, they will see a lot of tracers coming from your position. Getting to greedy for kills - you will get shot. 1-2 quick kills - get back to cover. Stick to friendly's. Check your minimap so you dont get too far away. Run to cover when your shields are depleted. You can't kill them all in one rush. And there is no use in you if you are dead. So again - play it safe.You will eventually get sick killstreaks but it take some time. Also, you can play engi and constantly drop down ammopacks. So you will have more friendlies near you.
    Dont drop game yet, it's a lot of fun.
  11. IDC_

trac-5 is fine. make an nc char and try the AF-19 start carbine.
    buy one of the 5 cert scopes (i use 2x)

you wrote you just started then buy something that makes you live longer. nanoweave armor.

don't forget you're a light assault. use your jetpack. shoot them from a higher position. the hit markers only indicate the direction where you are. they should be almost dead if they look up.
    if you don't use the jetpacks play engineer (endless ammo, turret to hide behind) or medic (free selfheal) or heavy assault (shield)

i only use starter weapons on my tr char (my 3rd after nc and vs - only my nc has other weapons, because i made auraxium medal with the AF-19)
  12. LibertyRevolution

Really?
    Stock weapons are fine.
    Weapons in this game are sidegrades, they give up something to be better at something else.
    For example, your PDW trades ranged damage for a better shot at winning close range engagements.

Far as when you died the death screen showing your enemy has lots of life left, that is normal.
    The game shows you how he looked when his client told the server he killed you. There is latency involved.
    Some of your bullets land after you died on his screen.
    This is the same reason for that ping-ping death you feel. Client side hit detection.
    It feels like you died instantly, in reality that guy was shooting you for .6secs (average ttk).
    There is about latency between you and your enemy, so by the time the server tells you, all you get is a short ping ping dead.

Then there is the whole COF thing.. just because your crosshair is on your target does not mean that is where you bullets go...
    if you hold mouse1, your bullets just shoot randomly, don't full auto unless your under 10m.
    Now 10m might sound like a a lot, but it is not, put a waypoint on the map, then see how far 10m.
    Remember that CQC weapons SMG damage starts to drop off at 6m, 2m is melee range.

So, unfortunately it seems your having a learn2play issues with this game.
  13. Xien

What the **** did you just ******* say about me, you little *****? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the **** out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my ******* words. You think you can get away with saying that **** to me over the Internet? Think again, ******. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re ******* dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable *** off the face of the continent, you little ****. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your ******* tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will **** fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re ******* dead, kiddo.

(BTW thanks for your reply, it actually cleared up a lot of the frustration I've been having with ping-ping dead. I have almost 350 certs now and I've gotten better at killing things - my favorite being anti-personnel or anti-air turrets against ground targets. :) )
  14. Pie Chasm

No, that is objectively false.

The starting carbine is better.

Look at this data sheet, understand WHY:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...LMG&sortcolid=-1&sortasc=true&rowsperpage=250

You're experiencing a sort of placebo effect. Don't question parameters.

You can buy the haymaker shotgun. It will kill people in two shots, provided you are in range and can aim... somewhat.. if at all, that's how easy it is to use.
  15. Xien

How can anything be better than anything else if all the purchased weapons are "sidegrades"? I'm getting conflicting information in this thread...
  16. LibertyRevolution

Weapons are sidegrades.
    You can get a "better" weapon, but it will only be better at a certain type of engagement range.

For instance that haymaker shotgun, you get a 2 hit kill if you within 10m.
    For that you give up being able to kill anything over 15m, as the pellet spread and damage drop off make it do little damage.

Personally I hate the trac-5, I just don't play in its effective range well, which is medium range.

I use the jaguar, it has a higher ROF, better hip fire, so it is easier to kill with in CQC.
    The downside is that it does worse in longer range engagements. High ROF means more recoil when ADS at far targets.

If I need to do longer range work I use the T5-AMC, It is built for longer range engagements.
    It has less recoil due to a slower ROF making it more accurate at range.
    For that it gets poor hipfire, and the slower rate of fire will get you dead in CQC to anyone with a faster ROF gun.

The reason you like your PDW is that NS weapons tend to actually put the bullets where the crosshair is.
    They have a small COF so bullets stay on target, and they have good bullet velocity so you don't have to lead much.
    This makes shooting people in the face easier, and since headshots have a damage multiplier, you do better.
    With the PDW you are giving up ROF, and magazine capacity, for the tighter COF, longer damage drop off, and bullet velocity.
    The empire specific SMG have higher ROF, but worse accuracy, shorter damage fall off, and more bullets.

Guns in this game are situational, the default are the jack of all trades, good at everything, great at nothing.
    You are much better off spending the certs on nanoweave armor or some other suit slot.
  17. gregfox89

How is your framerate? Are you getting server lag or maybe have a high ping or a bad connection? (people rubber banding and warping, shooting you around corners)
  18. VaIhall

No getting 1000 cert investments is the first thing you want to do, the last thing you want to do is waste your certs on a bunch of different stuff, it's better to get the best weapon as soon as possible then upgrade it fully then upgrade the class fully then you will have a good cert farming machine to get certs for other stuff
  19. Runegrace

Trac-5 ties the Jaguar for 2nd highest ROF among TR carbines. The CQC effectiveness of the Jaguar is due to its hip fire. Trac-5 is a close to mid-range gun.

T5-AMC actually has respectable hip fire, particularly if you don't use a compensator with it. Certainly better at long range, though.

Correct. The other guns are not straight upgrades, but rather offer different styles of play. Some may suit you, personally, better than others. They all have their places, though.

I do agree that suit slots are important to look at as well. Things that help you stay alive are just as important as things that help you kill.
  20. Xien

I just checked and I'm getting 20-25 FPS, and that's with the settings on all low... wow. Guess my machine can't handle this game. Oh well... so much for PS2. I'm not upgrading anything on my machine to play this game - I don't like it that much.

2 day review: 0/5. Bye guys.