NUC Gaming 2.0

Discussion in 'Emerald (US East)' started by Genserik, Jan 29, 2014.

1. Genserik

[IMG]
    ^----Awesome pic, credit to cgudemon26 of CG United (Thank you!)

Hello -

My name is Genserik - a Co-Leader for NUC Gaming. This is our new recruitment thread.

Background first: NUC Gaming was formed and built around the idea that PS2 would turn into an amazing eSport platform/environment. Unfortunately, it hasn't gotten there just quite yet and it doesn't look like it will for sometime (or maybe never, either way, read on). We are taking a step back from the competitive scene and looking to immerse ourselves into this community and game in a different way. We are looking to expand, but very slowly. I've compiled some things below, in no specific order, that will help people further understand the new identity of NUC Gaming in Planetside2 and of the kind of players we are looking for. For those wondering what changed, refer to this Reddit Post

NUC at this very moment in time: At this time we are in a rebuilding phase as we assess our outfit priorities. We plan on participating in Community Clash, perhaps even 12 man skirmishes with PAL and further on with other 24 man events/tournaments/brackets/Olympics - given the right amount of interest from our player base. But for the time being, any scrims that we do are going to be setup to play for fun and as something to pass the time as we increase our active player base. If you are an outfit leader looking to scrim us, you can definitely message me and/or KidRiot and we will see if we can find a time to work as an opposition for you.

Onto the recruitment...

We run ops a few times a week, fielding about 2-3 squads that have already developed a very high level of cohesion. We don't play "casually" during ops, it is serious business time and will likely always be this way. What I mean to say is that we do try to tear our opponents to pieces and leave nothing standing but the red and black banner of the Terran Republic. But we have fun doing it, it's what we enjoy about the game.

Anyways...

Outfit Requirements:
    • Must have teamspeak and a mic (check)
    • Must play with us for several weeks before being admitted (sorry, trying to avoid outfit jumpers and Delta Bravos).
    • Must receive recommendations from several outfit members (don't know how many, but receiving one from one of the squad leaders/veterans would be a great start).
    • Must show a willingness to be apart of a core group of players that never give up in the middle of a fight, regardless of population disadvantage.
    • Must be willing to play multiple classes. We are a jack of all trades group of players, while being great at a couple of things. I'm not saying you have to be an ace pilot/dead shot. But if you can't land an effing Galaxy or hit the broad side of a tech plant with a Mini Chaingun then well, I would work on it, then come back and apply.
    • You will need to download and keep the test server up to date
    • Your KDR, Score Per Hour, Accuracy, and KPM/H with weapons and vehicles will all be assessed upon receiving your application. We will review them again as time progresses to see if you improve (something that we will help you with). Some of these we won't really care about, but working on getting better is something that we will always strive for.
    Practices will be during ops time, some practices will be held on the test server as we work on small unit cohesion and combat. There will be dogfighting practice as well held on the test servers for those interested.

Other than that, there is no major goal that we have set in stone, other than continuing to enjoy this game and the company that we keep. We plan on growing back to full platoon sized strength and continuing to run ops at the same level that we did before, but just a few nights a week.

If you are interested, drop me a PM over the PS2 Forums, on Reddit or on Twitter: @Genserik

Yours truly,

Genserik
    • Up x 3
  2. Posse

I just realized I wouldn't be able to join NUC if I wanted because I can't land a Galaxy =(
    • Up x 2
  3. Genserik

It's a very high standard. I'm sorry.
    Edit: Can you hit a techplant with a mini chain gun?
  4. Posse

That second one is a pretty low standard :p
  5. Genserik

So you are saying there is a chance there will one day be a [NUC] Posse?
    • Up x 1
  6. Posse

No way in hell I'm making a TR alt (in part because I don't have more slots), besides, I'm happy in DA :p
  7. Jaybo H

I want to see you guys go against Recursion.

I'd grab a bowl of popcorn to watch that play out.
  8. TheMatrixMC

I'm interested, I've been looking forward to doing Planetside 2 competitively-ish (by that I mean I don't want to be stressed daily with training).
    My IGN on Waterson is TheM4trixMC, I'm currently Lt. for ODMN but I want to leave for a while, too much from stress leading Amerish alerts with 6 people on Indar, so yeah.
    If there are any problems with the BR being too low note that I'm playing on a daily basis so that will grow eventually.
    I do have TeamSpeak and a microphone, and yes I can land a galaxy.
    Note:
    1.The PC where I play Planetside 2 on is not my personal one so I can't say a 100% accurate agenda.
    2.I'm from East Europe, that means 5 pm in EST is 0 am in my country, so if I can't come to certain events, that could be a reason.
  9. TheMatrixMC

A bowl, A single bowl? Jesus the battle would be so long the server would crash before we can announce a winner. :)
    • Up x 2
  10. Genserik

I'm sure we can set something up with Recursion in the next month or so. Just as long as Radlock is there to narrate the entire thing.
    • Up x 6
  11. Jaybo H

Recursion only looks at stats, then contact SOE to confirm the player isn't cheating, and then tries hard to recruit only them even if they play on other servers, adding even more lopsidedness to the NC population imbalance on Connery. This is fact, got it straight from Clegg himself.
  12. Genserik

That's a bummer. They must be a pretty solid outfit then if they can attract players from other servers :)
  13. LieutenantHuge

Good luck in your future endeavors, my NUCbros.
    • Up x 1
  14. Kukuguy

We care about a person's personality too you know! What you said can also apply to FCRW. They attract way more people from other servers
  15. Monkeydmomo

Is your 0.02 kd on your signature a typo?
  16. Posse

He should've edited the BR, XP and XP/min to make it less obvious :p
  17. Kukuguy

But then that would be too much work...
  18. SmokeMcCloud

1st off, your faction sucks.
    2nd thing, you outfit went TR during the height of waterson BRIT population insanity so I can tell you don't like a challenge.
    3rd thing, you couldn't pay me to join.
  19. Sock

IM SURE THEY WILL BE DEVASTATED TO HEAR THIS
    • Up x 7
  20. Genserik

lol
    • Up x 2