Members: Update on missing bonus certs

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Higby, Jan 28, 2014.

1. Higby Developer

For the past couple weeks many members have not been getting the full bonus on offline certification points that they're entitled to based on their membership level. We're still trying to track down the exact cause of this issue and this week's game update will include some extra logging and debugging to help us figure out exactly what is occurring and hopefully allowing us to swiftly resolve it.

Once we have the issue resolved, we will be doing a grant of all missing certs for the members who have been affected.

I know this issue has been impacting you guys for a while, we hope that we can resolve the underlying bug and get the certification grants completed by sometime early next week.

Very sorry for the inconvenience, thank you for your patience while we work to resolve this.

-
    mh
    • Up x 19
  2. Gustavo M

Higby: the hairyest dev I ever seen.
    (If that word even exists, that is.)
  3. daniel696

Come on, this jokes with his hair is already to old, get a new one.
    Thanks Higby, this is a really weird problem
    • Up x 1
  4. f0d

will i still get a grant of missing certs even though my membership just ran out?
    i was missing certs from the esf update (on the 16th) till the 20th when my membership ran out
    • Up x 1
  5. Amarsir

I was going to ask this same thing. Mine was in effect when this problem started but has since run out and I'm not ready to renew yet. (Especially since Verizon Fios customers STILL cannot connect to the VA servers. It's been two weeks!)
    • Up x 2
  6. ScrapyardBob

It's been happening more and more. Maybe 15-20% of the time now, different characters on different servers on different days.
    • Up x 1
  7. f0d

it was happening about 90% of the time for me
    i was getting 12 12 12 12 12 48 most of the time
  8. biterwylie

Wind your neck in. You lost the war remember ;)
  9. MichaelS

not me and back in the days "Sony" was on our side :D
  10. biterwylie

The dark forces of Sony :)
    • Up x 1
  11. DG-MOD-02

Please get back on topic now. Thank you!
  12. MichaelS

Hmm, the 40mb patch fixed the problem or am I just lucky today?
  13. riggsville

i'm thinking lucky
    or i'm very unlucky with my recent log on with 10
  14. FieldMarshall

+1 for not posting this on Reddit
    • Up x 1
  15. angryBuddha

It started for me when i created a new character on a different server on a different timezone. Are you guys doing any weird date time math that's not against UTC?
  16. Theghostwad

OK, now what about repair ribbons not generating. 2 weeks now: not a peep from the devs on this.
    • Up x 1
  17. BoomBoom4You

I know that this is a tough problem, so let me volunteer my programming knowledge I picked up in 9th grade free of charge. Please tailor the code to your programming language.

if membership = true
    then certs = 48
    else certs = 12
  18. Zorro

It is not that simple, it is also based on time. 12/48 is the maximum (though I have received 13 before).
  19. BoomBoom4You

Oh really? I was being 100% serious.
  20. lyravega

How about, after you guys fix it, and maybe give us a portion of "missing" certs back (since you log everything, it would be easy to see who is missing what I guess?), 2x XP weekend or something for everyone? :p