WOW. What's up with Connery TR?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by OldBess, Jan 24, 2014.

1. OldBess

I play mattherson and have a 80 NC there. I do quite well there too thank you very much. I went to make alt on connery. BIG DIFFERENCE between servers.

Last 2 nights all I get is intentionally teamkilled as in frinedly heavies killing my lightning/prowler with decimators crap like that. Friendly LAs C4ing my tanks, etc.

When I am not getting teamkilled in gross and intentional ways I am battles with NC they are hitting me with tank shells/ mana turrets/ and whatever else with "pinpoint" accuracy (as in they do not miss) from all directions beyond visual range. I mean I can't make it out of a vehicle pad without dying half the time from soemthign i cannot even see.

Can we say Twilight Zone?

social misifts? hackers? psychopaths? mentally challenged?

I am a veteran player and never have encountered this debauchery in 80 levels as an NC on mattherson soo my question

WHAT THE F IS UP WITH CONNERY???
    • Up x 1
  2. Bevet

Something is terribly wrong with connery, roll TR on waterson.
  3. Robes

I wish i could log in to see this dramaz, but my video card decided it wanted to die a couple days ago :(
  4. Rogueghost

I have no experience with friendlies intentionally TKing me here on Connery, when I do get tk'd its often less than 10% of the damage or I walked in front of someone's shotgun.

Most of the NC on Connery are also pretty bad, being little more than mindless zerglings, I have no experience with any NC outside of the couple dozen good ones having pinpoint accuracy either.
  5. Paperlamp

TKs are rare for me on TR connery honestly.

As for NC, well, they have the numbers and roll in big zergs so sometimes it's not pinpoint accuracy it's just you're guaranteed to get hit by someone from some angle if you're against a zerg. TR has had the lowest pop since the server's existence pretty much too so that won't help. NC do also have a few outfits that are sort-of competitive at least by PS2's standards and basically you run into a platoon of them while you're with randoms and it will feel like "team stacking".
  6. HadesR

• Up x 2
  7. daniel696

They lost the war.
  8. Kimble

9. TheFamilyGhost

I get TK'd all the time when I run in front of friendlies that are firing.
  10. HadesR

That's your opinion which is fine .. At least you didn't make an alt forum account to make a new thread about it :)
  11. firewolf

Honestly Never had any TK problems on Connery aside from the sub BR 10s. The only real problem I get on Connery is the lack of teamwork and big organization.
  12. DeadlyShoe

I have characters on all three factions on Connery (though I main TR) and I have to say I get TK'd the least on TR.

I get TK'd the most on Vanu, and the stupidest TK's are all on NC. Like the other night, when a friendly tower AV turret shot down my liberator when i was hovering above an enemy sunderer.

NOT THAT IM BITTER
    • Up x 1
  13. Jakko

Made a TR alt on connery yesterday and had a good time, sorry to hear that you had troubles.
  14. Frozen

Played 50 ranks as a TR on Connery and haven't had any huge issues with intentional TKs. Are you sure you aren't just being an ***?

If you start being abusive in proximity I will put a bullet in your head.
    If I see you driving recklessly and running over friendlies I will C4 your lightning.
    If your rocket spamming a doorway that friendlies are trying to get through, I will put a deci into your jet.

You play the game with respect and I'll heal, even rez you if you get accidentally TK'd
  15. Dieter Perras

I was having the same thing when I used to play on Briggs. I think it was from a bad connection and I (sadly) had to move my characters to connery and restart. Haven't had these problems (as much) since.
  16. Kimble

OP joined over a week ago so looks like you were wrong there. Hackusations? lol :)
  17. Liquidrider

Yes please lets insult the TR on another server, that's constructive. That comment is almost as useless as this entire thread.
    • Up x 1
  18. HadesR

Whoosh .. Yup that's it going over your head :rolleyes:

But on topic

Doesn't seem like the OP is in a position to judge the quality of a server ...

From https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...ttherson-nc-bad-or-should-i-just-quit.167906/
  19. ValorousBob

Damn, I really need to make an alt on Connery...
  20. Axehilt

Just because you're pissed at one troll player doesn't mean he's representative of the server. I don't come onto your server and generalize the entire population based on one bad session.

For the second bit, welcome to Planetside! Oh, you're BR 80? Er...how'd you make it that far without understanding what a spawncamp looks like? When it happens you spawn elsewhere with vehicles, or spawn elsewhere to fight somewhere else. If you stay to farm kills, you stay with the understanding that the risk if death is higher -- sometimes 100% higher -- and that your typical K/D will likely be cut by half or a quarter.