Patch Notes - 1/24

Discussion in 'Test Server: Announcements' started by PS2_Luke, Jan 24, 2014.

1. PS2_Luke Lead Designer

Amerish: The following bases are now ready for testing
    • Hidden Ridge Mining
    • SolTech Charging Station
    • Deserted Mine Shaft
    • AuraxiCom Network Hub
    • Amerish ARX reserve
    • Cobalt Communications
    • Torremar Storage Yard

Squad Vehicle Spawning
    • In an effort to encourage squad cohesiveness and increase available spawn options we are adding the ability to spawn in squad owned transport vehicles.
    • Vehicle spawning is limited to Galaxies and Sunderers that are occupied and owned by a squad member.
    • The Sunderer AMS no longer requires an item to be equipped in order to function. Once the certification is purchased, it is always available. This frees up the Utility slot on the Sunderer for other items.

Misc
    • When logging in or starting a new character you will now begin on the deployment map instead of at the Warpgate

Known Issues
    • Corpses are sometimes despawning early
    • You may be snapped back into the vehicle you spawned in – working on a fix for this

Bug Fixes
    • HUD indicators for ally aircraft will once again only be displayed if they are in line of sight
    • Fixed an issue that sometimes caused spawn points in contested areas to not display on the deployment map
    • Removed "capture" and "hold" text from shield generator HUD icons
    • Fixed an issue that sometimes caused loadout tooltips to not display
    • Up x 24
  2. nallar

Does that have to be the same person or can it be owned by one person in a squad but have someone else in the squad in the vehicle?
  3. Darkshadows120

I could see this being a bad thing. *cough* gate diffuser and ams *cough*
    • Up x 5
  4. doombro

Thanks for the update. Bug hunting time.
  5. Riffix

The no-deploy zone would still prevent the problem you are thinking of though right?
    • Up x 10
  6. Gokki

If i buy a galaxy and let you fly it to the other side of the map while i wait at the warpgate you can still spawn on it as long as you're in my squad.
  7. AdmiralArcher

some bases have gates that are farther away from their ND zone, so a sundy could GD and pull inside, or work its way into a very defendable area
    • Up x 2
  8. ScrapyardBob

There needs to be some mechanism in place to prevent abuse before this goes live. Otherwise outfits will setup a public squad that people can join, spawn in at the sundy, then leave the squad right after deploying to the sundy. Which can be used to move players across the map far faster then the existing systems.

(For a good example of how this will be abused - go look at the history of war-decs in EVE Online and the various membership games that have been played over the years with people joining/leaving corps in hi-sec space in order to gain an unfair advantage over others.)

Possible fixes:
    • Rate limiting on joining a squad, such as you can't leave a squad for 60 seconds after joining.
    • Some sort of burst limit on how many people can cycle through a squad.
    • Or you can't join another squad for 5 minutes after leaving the last one.
    • Can't join a vehicle unless it is in friendly occupied hex.
    • Have to wait 30 seconds after joining the squad before you can deploy to a squad-owned vehicle (maybe even 45 sec).
    • Up x 1
  9. Doomzzg

No.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    • Up x 2
  10. Worph

Yes.
    • Up x 5
  11. Lazaruz

So will the old AMS ability still be available after this? Just wondering about equipment terminals, and the fact that the sundy needs to be occupied for anyone to spawn in there... No-one wants to sit in a sundy behind a rock, doing nothing the whole base cap while others are fighting.

Please correct me if I have misunderstood this, it's getting late and I've had a few :)
    • Up x 2
  12. Tobax

Do these vehicles have to be stationary or are you available as a spawn point all the time assuming their is space to spawn into it?
  13. Admiralty

Why? Don't these indicators help newer players who are unsure of what to do?
  14. daniel696

I think this spaw thing is bugged I'm trying right now to make a guy deploy in my sunder or gal and he can't. Maybe I'm doing it wrong ?
  15. Timithos

Well now that is a problem and another advantage handed to attackers.
    • Up x 1
  16. CaveItUp

To be fair, if the base's defenders allow a Sunderer to blast through a gate shield and NOT be destroyed by armour/air/infantry/what-have-you, they deserve for their enemies to have a spawn inside the walls.
  17. cruczi

Sometimes there just aren't enough defenders present. A Sundy can quite plausibly sneak its way into a facility during the quieter hours of the day.
    • Up x 1
  18. Timithos

That's it? That's all the restrictions? Devs: We told you how to design these galaxies on the Roadmap with proper restrictions and you ignored all of the community's suggestions. This is going to be too unbalanced in this state. Are you just hoping this will work without have to program the systems necessary to make this balanced?

Wait... Did you just not have time to program all the spawning restrictions in yet, and just wanted to get this on test first?
    • Up x 5
  19. Jeralamo

logging in to the deployment screen isnt that bad its the Cross Continent Reinforcements that is a NO.
  20. Elrobochanco

You guys realize you can already respawn cross continent, this just saves a single redeploy from warpgate. This is convenience, but is no different functionally from the live game to how freely you can hop around.
    • Up x 3