Connery is whack

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by JasonVoorhees, Jan 22, 2014.

1. JasonVoorhees

I rolled a new toon on connery as TR. I notice past 3 nights I get farmed a lot and it is weird. On indar excavation NC zergs never storms the tower and farms TR there. they take b, c never a.. w..t...f..

I get no certs makes me want to quit..

If i get into a tank the nc zerg has mana turrets from 10 miles away hit me on all sides and I last 2 seconds...

Is there a reason NC never takes the tower?

It is very frustrating and maybe connery isnt for me.

btw i got an nc 80 on mattherson never ran into this...connery is whack..10x the mana turret users
  2. Solo59486

Didn't you create a thread like this earlier? Except this time you added that you have an NC guy on mattherson in this one... Why not just edit your old post?
  3. Starlight288

chill dude...
  4. HadesR

Just avoid Indar Ex then ... Not like it's the only base or fight on the map
    • Up x 3
  5. Ronin Oni

... multiple accounts?

You said "you" yet you aren't OP..... o_O
  6. Solo59486

Sorry if my post offended you? I didn't think it seemed hostile?
    • Up x 2
  7. Gav7x

I have to admit connery is quite a bad server to play, its EXTREMELY HARD to find good fun fights, most of time time there are metagame fights aka spawnroom with 20 anchored he prowlers waiting for you to get out of there, sometimes good fights happen there, but nowhere as often as waterson, but i guess that is the price to pay to play with scourgeoftheserver
    • Up x 1
  8. ChairmanMao

I agree, mana turrets are a problem that need to be dealt with.

It is stupid to hit tanks with pinpoint accuracy from beyond visual range...

On Connery NC grossly outnumbers TR usually by 15 percent primetime so you will get farmed...just deal with it.
  9. ABATTLEDONKEY

Connery NC tend to have an adversion from playing an objective. They are often times WAY more conservative than they should be, and seem to thrive on the stalemates that occur far to often. As Conery NC, this annoys the daylights out of me, as I always want to play the objective, and hate stalemates.

In any case, dont play that base. Its as simple as that. I avoid certain places on the map for this precise reason. If a certain geography doesnt fit your style, when choose another part of the front lines, or go to another continent. Connery is full of people on all three continents during prime time. theres no reason to fight at excavation site if you dont want to.
    • Up x 3
  10. HadesR

World pop yes .. But Indar is normally pretty even , especially with TR's seemingly aversion to leaving it :)

I think that's more of the issue for the case in example .. It's not that we don't want to take A point , but with our reluctance to push the objective we can't take it ..
    • Up x 1
  11. Greenmachine

As I said in your previous identical post you have to be kidding me if you think indar ex farms only happen on connery
  12. Axehilt

Kinda doubt this is it.

OP failed to mention the populations involved, meaning the answer to his question is probably something as simple as, "Gosh in a 50/50% pop situation you can't take Point A on Indar Excavation, and you're lucky to hold B+C without the enemy killing your sundies in the ~20 minutes you need to hold two points."
  13. ABATTLEDONKEY

My post was more a wash about connery NC. It wasnt really supposed to address the specific example, as each battle tends to turn out different, even if only slightly.

That being said, taking the tower in a 48+ battle is not difficult. Ive seen it done many times. Caping a tower is actually surprisingly easy to do so long as your team isnt comprised of 48+ lonewolves. Really, once the outside of the tower is controlled (via vehicle spam, and LAs), taking A is very simple.

Edit: i was also considering the battle to be a 50/50 split.
  14. NoctD

Like how they can fail to utterly take Onatha despite it being so near the NC WG!

Indar Excavation Site is a base you avoid unless you have certain intents. The OP as a low BR TR player - combat medic or Burster MAX are good options for Indar Excavation cert farming. There's absolutely no point in rushing out to get killed, just defend A.
    • Up x 1
  15. Tuco

Watch the map, and study pop numbers, like a hawk
  16. doogieblauser

The NC on connery are the worst players in the game. They abuse the AV turret because they don't know anything else. Most of them can't cannot even dumbfire right.
    • Up x 1
  17. doogieblauser

I think conservatively is too nice a word. More like cowardly. No bias. I played NC on helios when the server was turned on.
  18. BITES

Oh good another generic thread of baseless gripes.

Go team forumside!
  19. Hibiki54

What's so bad about a good ol' fashion tower farm?
  20. Sebastien

I don't bother helping NC take Indar Excavation, because fighting Prowlers out in the Boneyard is too much fun