[Suggestion] Higby says on Twitter and I quote

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by FlR3, Jan 21, 2014.

1. Rogueghost

They are also a minority, its uncommon for people to drop their main for no other reason than to play on another server, yes it has and does happen, but it's so little its mostly non issue.

But if half the people I've seen asking for a server transfer end up using one if they go live could end up killing some servers. SOE will need to be very restrictive in where differnt factions can transfer, otherwise it could very will kill the game much faster than any cheater, bug, or lack of content can.
  2. Ryko Nailo

Pipe Dream? I want a redo of the resources / acquisition timers in such a way that certain things like Tanks / Maxes are rare but buffed to be incredibly powerful. Thus making them prizes both to keep alive and to kill but also game changers for the battlefield. And also indirectly forcing people to have to learn multiple playstyles which is good for newbies as they understand the battlefield better and good for vets so they stop whining about things they THINK are OP but aren't. (Yes I know this kills 'dedicated' playstyles but as is it's a joke how weak and / or spammable some things are when they shouldn't be)

Simple Fix? Make Base Turrets have AI that automatically attacks certain enemies in a certain range based on the turret type / fire back against an attacker regardless of range however make AI turrets fire much slower then if it were manned (have the AMP station buff the AI as well by say making them fire faster / at longer ranges). This would give defenders a much better chance at well defending, as it buys time for reinforcements to arrive and makes keeping turrets up a rewarding secondary objective. This could be countered by Stealth perhaps as well giving it a bit more use.

Gameplay Addition? Spitfires / Actual Mine fields.... actually scratch that I want Thresher and actually being able to hover over water.

Quality of Life? MOUSE YAW ON AIRCRAFT!
    • Up x 2
  3. Nerd Mode

Here are a few things they can subtract:

1. Higby's Tweets
    2. Amerish
    3. A few seconds off that silly Vanguard shield
    4. Faction favoritism
    5. The patches that do more harm than good (I'd really love to have my cert gain back)
  4. Wargrim

Cross continental warfare obviously. In order to work, this has to include:
    - Intercontinental Lattice
    - Continent Locking / Captureing ( With real consequences for the winners / losers! )
    - Vehicle Zoning ( AKA taking Vehicles through the warpgates )

If that does not count as 1 thing but as 3, i would take Vehicle Zoning.

( And if i could not add anything gameplay - related, but only visuals / cosmetic items / quality of life - features, i would add Outfit Uniforms. This could do so much for recognizing the main actors in a fight. You do not always see or read all the tags in a large and hot fight. )
  5. Utrooperx

Ah, a wish!

Let's rub the Magic Lantern and wish for...

A guaranteed level playing field!

See what you can do about that, Mr. Higby...seems a lot of players are reporting quite abnormal game play recently...and those are only the highly obvious suspects...makes me wonder about the more subtle types...and did that rock REALLY just stab me????

You see my point, I'm sure...it only takes one rotten apple to make the whole barrel smell like...cow manure.
  6. NC_agent00kevin

YOU sir, shall gaze upon the ground in shame at the class you have chosen.
  7. disky00

Resource changes are most important, followed closely by continent locking/lattice.
    • Up x 4
  8. VanuSovereignty

Just give me a reason to fly my beloved space whale. Give ESFs a reason to defend my galaxy from enemy air. Give me a way to support my team other than being a really large flying sunderer which lacks AMS. Make non-default galaxies harder to obtain and increase their power and value to the team.
  9. ZeroErrorz

max couldnt enter spawn room, so make the max spawnable OUTSIDE of the spawn room and not letting them in the spawn room so that there wont be any spawnroom burster camping all esf flying at 450m radius, make this for heavy too once out heavy need to wait 10 second before allowed to get in again
  10. Roland2TowerCame

11. ZeroErrorz

maybe an ability to let galaxy to deploy a lock on jammer will do, so basicly let galaxy to hover and deploy their jammer like sunderer deploying for spawn, this will let a2g esf to fly free of lock-ons, this way people gonna start shooting for the galaxy ,this also add a tactical layer where esf is actualy needed to actualy become a hard counter to them, since if its deployed where burster cant get them lib will kill everything on the ground, i problably gonna make a thread about this....
  12. WarMan

Bring back planetside 1 armor customization. That includes deciding how much ammo and medkits to bring, what armor type you want, more limitations for what vehicles you can enter the heavier your armor, MAX being almost like planetside 1 MAX except choosing your own weapons, infiltrator being an actual infiltrator, etc.

Unfortunately that's not gonna happen.
    • Up x 3
  13. DeadliestMoon

Level playing field? Lol. You're playing on PC, there is no level playing field when someone can purchase an advantage over those who can't afford it.
  14. faykid

a friend of mine got banned simply for having his mouse software running in the process tray (it allows making macros).
    he did not use scripts (a paying member, knows better than that), has many characters, played for a very long time, and that macros making software was installed by default together with his mouse driver (bought it not so long ago).
    he's not even too good, with average stats!

now, you're telling me SOE anti-cheat team doesn't work? i say they overdo it!
  15. Winfield

What do I want to see changed? One thing?

Definately this BS right here:

• Up x 11
  16. Robes

BFRs
    • Up x 1
  17. DeadAlive99

This isn't my top list, just tossing some stuff out.

Mini-Objectives inside bases, whether it's capturing gear, more hacking, or something else neeto to add some more fun inside bases.

Hackable doors in bases.

New vehicle: Dirtbike. Seriously, do you know how freaking awesome that thing would be? Being able to launch over a hill top and start blasting people on the way down, just like in the movies! Properly implemented, SOE could make a fortune off of it.

Guideable parachutes. It makes me ill knowing they still don't have these. Such massively large and tall bases, plus the terrain, aircraft....we could be chuting out of all of these and having a blast.

Vehicle teleporter for driver: This could be a cert with a timer and range. It could be tweaked so it wouldn't be abused as some fear, such as freezing you in place for 5-10 seconds before teleporting you.

Flamethrower / Airblaster (think TF2 Pyro)

Deployable auto turrets for Engy, similar to BF 2142. Again, these can be tweaked so they are not OP. Imo, the 2142 turrets were pretty well done. They had unlimited ammo, but low DPS and low HP. In this game, if you wanted, you could make the ammo cost resources and allow them to be repaired, with moderate HP and low DPS. You could also make it so the engy would have to be alive and within range for it to function. Could be made hackable as well.

Mortars: Man do I miss firing mortars in Wolfenstein E.T.! What a blast!

Deployable shields and armored walls (anyone play Shifter mod in T1/T2 back in the day?)

Rope and grappling hook for scaling walls and cliffs. Also, Ninja suction cups and magnets. Can't figure out where the fire is coming from? Try the ceiling. lol
  18. TheScavenger101

Game stability.
    • Up x 1
  19. morty420

I find it funny that people think that stopping hacks has to do with tech. Cheaters can EASILY be dealt with just as they were dealt with back in 2005. ADMINS SPECTATING PEOPLE. Sony has so few people watching the servers that they are being overrun by obvious cheats.

They fired alot of people, that is why we are seeing an uptick in cheats.
  20. SnipersUnion

How about we don't allow the trolls and cheats to get what they want by making everything about them and de-railing a conversation in which the creative developer asks you what you want to see in the game.

It takes SOE a long time to do things in PS2. Lets not make them focus their time on a problem that quite honestly, isn't that bad.

Oh, and more meta game Higby.