[Suggestion] Higby says on Twitter and I quote

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by FlR3, Jan 21, 2014.

1. FlR3

How about really doing something to the script kiddies/cheaters/lowlifes/dipsticks, who try to ruin the game which is part of SOE's bread a butter. We don't mean giving a second chance either. We don't mean suspending them for a week. We don't mean that they can just make another account and start all over cheating again. We want action. You want our money for station cash and membership, so in turn we want action against script kiddies/cheaters. That is one thing I would really like to see within the next 6 months.
    • Up x 25
  2. Phyr

Doesn't matter what they do, there will always be hackers. I'd rather see their time spent on additions to the game instead of witch hunts.
    • Up x 23
  3. NinjaTurtle

Hossin and Continent locking which the Road map now says is coming in May so that is going to be a good month
    • Up x 6
  4. Cirevam

One and only one thing? I really want the heavy buggies but Hossin is coming soon(tm) and a continent is arguably more important than ES vehicles that could cause more balance nightmares. Continent locking should naturally come after that.

But Higby is asking if there is one thing that you could add to the game in six months. I want to add empire-specific buggies (or call them jeeps in case some people are using "buggy" like people used "BFR" in the old days) to add faction flavor and to give smaller squads of 4-6 a solid platform to launch assaults. Sunderers are too noticeable and they are high-value targets even though they have enough firepower. Harassers don't hold enough people and their durability is ridiculously low. Something in the middle with ES traits could do a lot for the game. Whether they do good or bad will remain a mystery for now.
    • Up x 2
  5. Tommyp2006

There are SO many things more important than that. Hossin, resource revamp, intercontinental lattice, continent locking, outfit progression, Amerish Lattice, Vehicle/class updates, etc. Hackers are pretty LOW down on my list of things I'm worried about with this game.
    • Up x 14
  6. HadesR

7. Zorro

What the game needs most is a meaningful resource system where nanites are transported to bases via ANT (not some unoriginal Sunderer modification) and resources are conveyed back to be distributed. Additionally, everything (including ammo) should cost resources, preventing spamming.
    • Up x 11
  8. Maelthra

Clearly, the one thing that Planetside 2 really needs is BFRs.
  9. Elrobochanco

I want to stop having to stare at the ground to use any of my engineer class abilities.

Alternately I want HA shields to immediately disable when a friendly brushes against them.
    • Up x 3
  10. LonelyTerran

Cert resets
    (Certs take time to get and time ain't free)
    • Up x 3
  11. Miuku

I'll post the same thing I posted on Twitter:
    @mhigby @planetside2 @LukeSigmund 1 thing? Remove store weapons and give them to everyone to balance things out, only sell cosmetics.
    • Up x 2
  12. NanoBitSplit

Planetside 2 needs Planetside.
    • Up x 8
  13. HadesR

14. Hatesphere

I would like to point out that that is pretty much impossible. its easy to spoof hardware IDs, and IP bans can backfire because people tend to have dynamic IP addresses (ban a guy and he has a new IP a few days later, and now someone who didn't do anything cant get on)

All they need to do is give a little more funding to the live GM team, I haven't even seen one of them on in ages.
    • Up x 1
  15. Ash87

What I want: Resource Revamp

That is it.

If I logged on tomorrow, and they announced: "Every other feature is on back burner, but the resource revamp will be here in 1 month" I would be 100% behind it.
    • Up x 11
  16. Rogueghost

• Up x 3
  17. Alarox

A very close tie between:

1.) Continental Lattice
    2.) Resource Revamp
    • Up x 9
  18. doombro

Resource Revamp. I guess I'll have to make a twitter just to respond to him.
    • Up x 8
  19. Miuku

They already do it without the server transfer ability. People simply abandon their "high level" characters and simply re-roll.
  20. HadesR

Oh you're not the only one :) .. I'm very very dubious about them .. If they are not carefully policed and even limited in some way , as in how many ppl can move to X server ( which would piss outfits off ) then it has the potential to totally bollox the game up.
    • Up x 1