Cheaters in PS2

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by dngray, Jan 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. come1l

LOL. As a planetside 2 player for more than a year, seeing comments like "the denialists are themselves cheaters" just make me laugh. Maybe there are some other cheats that I don't know but as long as I don't play during Asian hour(early in the morning), I hardly see any aimbots. I wonder the posters of "Hacking dominant in game" and stuff like that are not newbies at all, and in fact, they are probably hacking software sellers who try to make themselves look "big".
    • Up x 1
  2. acksbox

Planetside 2 includes PunkBuster now. I find this ironic, since I have seen more instances of cheating since it was introduced than before.

Also, cheaters do exist. This is from about five days ago:

In addition over the last few months, I have seen numerous people take advantage of clipping exploits, several Galaxies moving at quadruple normal speed, one aimbot (I'm normally highly skeptical of aimbot claims, as some people have phenomenal aim, but dozens sequential of headshot kills from full autos with no non-headshot kills is a dead give away), and two flying MAXes (who, I believe, were actually banned).
  3. NC_agent00kevin

There are less cheaters than many think

But more than many would like to believe.
  4. Shadowyc

Sooo...between 3% and 10% hack, with about 85% of that amount being subtle (How many blatant hackers have their been?).

If there's one thing that APB and S4 League taught me, it's that PunkBuster sucks *** except for the one to two weeks after any update to it.
  5. Nephi1im

3-10%.... I sincerely doubt that. Granted, to a newish player, a BR75+ person, fully certed, playing with teamwork, can seem too good to be true, but anyone who has played BF, CS, CoD(not so much for the past couple of years) the recoil and hitboxes in this game make you feel like a god.

It is so insanely easy to hit targets, and in the head, that someone who is good in the above games will dominate in infantry combat in PS2. I'm not saying everyone who makes a thread about hackers or responds in support of the idea that they are in any significant number is bad, but I learned long ago that most of the time you just didn't fully grasp a situation. To you, that guy was an easy kill, but he saw the same opportunity and beat you.
  6. Nephi1im

Also, the reason people flame hackusations is that most of these threads are some dude who is freaking out because 10 minutes ago got killed by someone, comes on here and says something to the effect of "ZOMG everyone hacks!!!". The people who post pictures, videos or whatever and have honest concern don't get flamed to death. It's the knee jerk hackusations people vent post.

I will honestly never understand why people do anything but report the person and move on. You know freaking out on a forum isn't going to do anything but get you flamed. It's probably just attention seeking folks who are trolling half the time.
    • Up x 1
  7. HadesR

Sure about that ?
  8. NC_agent00kevin

Im not even going to touch trying to place a % on the number of cheaters.

Tonight Ive seen a Lib flying around freakishly fast (im going into VR in a min to get racer 3 and afterburners to try and recreate it) but also maneuvering like its got High G Airframe level 50 on it. Im pretty sure the guy was solo libbing and wasnt dropping when he hotseated it either.

About once per week I see a random low level player inside an ammo tower or rock headshotting everyone within his line of sight. I saw a speedhacker in the warpgate the other day blipping all around it. I also had a semi-recent instance where a guy I killed came back within seconds with C4. There wouldnt have been enough time to respawn at the nearest base and make it back to me even if he spawned with an ESF, which was wasnt even possible from the nearest base. It was literally just a few seconds later, and I was well back into the Zerg. Teleport to X player cheat, obvious. 100% impossible to have enough time to respawn and get back to where I was.

Same guy magically knew where I was one day, standing on the stairs, and dumped a whole magazine into a server box thingy right where my head would have been had I not been on the stairs juuust behind the box. A good player would have stopped shooting, or not have fired at all since I was 100% in cover and not visible from his angle. Pursued me to the ends of the earth and after the server box deal, just randomly left without finishing the fight. Suspicious as f***. Not to mention, from my angle, it sure as heck looked like the bullets were all hitting the exact same place - and the CoF alone wouldnt allow that on any weapon. Not from that distance full auto. It was 50/50 population, just me and him, no radar, no darts. We never Q spotted each other either; thats very audible especially in a quiet, empty base.

Other guys are just good or even lucky. No matter how good you are, you get beat 1v1 eventually. You miss, you get ambushed, etc. Nobody is perfect 100% of the time; only software and robots are.
  9. LonelyTerran

I definitely noticed something strange yesterday.
    Some VS heavy survived 3 AP mines going off at once around him.
    :eek:
  10. Ender

I'm kind of disappointed DA doesn't get anymore forum hackusations. Only in game screen caps now :( That 50 page thread was a masterpiece.
  11. PromptCritical Developer

Just to clarify - we do not use PunkBuster.
    • Up x 4
  12. Earthman

I doubt you'll be well received for long for your point of view. Your stats, while quite impressive, are not nearly high enough to make you invulnerable to the wall of neurotic stat padders who tend to also be the cheat denialists. "Cheating never happens, you're just a terribad scrub, I have Real Skillz(tm) and I never see cheating so it never happens!"
    • Up x 1
  13. LibertyRevolution

I recorded some of this guy hacking it up on mattherson while streaming it live on twich:

This is the blatant type guy.
    Now imagine someone not being a complete loser and just using it for ESP and no COF..

I really do feel that there is a larger percentage of cheaters than 1%, maybe 1% are blatant..

If you have 10 free mins, you should really watch that video, then maybe you will understand how bad this sucks.
  14. Mastermind

yeah man totally agree that cheting has been out of control
  15. BozoDaClown

OK, look at your average Planetside 2 player. I even got a pic...no way in hell he cheats. Feel better now?

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  16. vsae

Lol. This is still going and in all seriousness.
    There are always better people that you are, accept it and live with it. Grow up. THere are FPS players that came to PS2 with more than 5000+ hours of FPS experience and there are ****loads of them actually! do you think they would not outplay you? And then there are players who played BF3 for 100 hours and had horrid k/d those now claiming everyone else should be the same skill as they are. There definitely no players better than them, period.
  17. Earthman

You can't have an opinion about cheaters unless your combat stats satisfy this guy, which might require cheating which he swears up and down almost never happens, trust him.
  18. vsae

Cheating to get a k/d of 2? Are you even serious? Lol.
    I suggest you to watch youtube channel of Visigodo (oprahphobia), and then realize that there are players even better than him.
  19. RisKey

There are plenty of cheaters in this game like every other. If you dig around there are public hacks that have been undetected for some time. Since there are several thousand downloads of 1 in particular I would say its being used.

This does not even count the loads of paid site cheats for this game. Currently you are better off subbing to a hack site then to SOE because they give you little anti cheat protection. This is where some of the sub money should be going in my opinion.

http://www.pbbans.com/forums/punkbuster-coming-to-planetside-2-t160221.html

SOE announced on twitter they would have punkbuster in 2012 what happened to that?

Higby talking about punkbuster

http://www.planetside2forum.com/thr...Creative-Director-answers-questions-on-Reddit

twitter

https://twitter.com/planetside2/status/202179813786656770
  20. Badname3073

Yes, there is stuff like that. Sometime I make a new character for fun, and consistently own "good" players with whatever starter weapons provided. Gradually, my character makes it into their auto-aim lists, and it's instant death from then on, they become "so good" that I stand no chance :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.