(((SUGGESTION))) - SOE Clean up the Aimbotting Already

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Badname6587, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Cptfalcon88

That's not a suggestion. That's a demand. Or you suggest something that they are already working toward to, but not any solution. Great and useful post.
    • Up x 1
  2. Earthman

Says the guy who says "great and useful post" :rolleyes:

I'll help make yours more useful: he did not make a demand, he made a proposal with a potential reward in the concept. Whether the reward would happen or not is open for debate, but he did not make a demand.
  3. Utrooperx

I would be happy just seeing the old "System wide" announcements that a GM was around again...that used to work pretty good at dissuading the "funny stuff"...but I think those were the guys that got let go a few months ago, as I haven't seen any announcements in quite some time.

Rather then posting here about it, you might have better luck directly inquiring to Smed on Reddit...or tweet @j_smedley or mail him at jsmedley@soe.sony.com. Tell him how you feel.

Smed said previously he was going to "get" these hackers...can't hurt to remind him.

If you feel there is a "script kiddie" problem present in PS2, the BEST way to get action is to "go to the top" via extremely public posts...Reddit, Twitter, Facebook...be polite, but firm in your expectation of a "level playing field" and demand results, not a inconclusive /report in-game function that is apparently meaningless.

IMO, every server should have a GM "spectating" 24/7...at the very least...or a "probability script" that picks up excessively abnormal gameplay and instantly locks the account pending GM review.
  4. Nephera

I'm not sure what you want them to do besides allow a witch hunt.
  5. Iridar51

Ofcourse there will be less, because of how SOE & devs treat this game. The former doesn't care about anything except for money, or they wouldn't have released PS2 so early in development, and the latter don't have a clue what they want PS2 to be about and what to do with it.
    • Up x 1
  6. ViXeN

That doesn't even make sense. How would my ego be clouding my judgement in this situation? When people kill me, I just assume they played better at that moment or I made a mistake.

I don't think "Oh hey that person killed me so they MUST be hacking because there is no way they could kill me any other way."

And then when they kill me again:

"Okay that's twice now, they HAVE to be cheating!! There is no other explanation for it!" :eek:

I never assume anyone is hacking unless it blatant. I have been accused of it myself hundreds of times. The most common examples on this game are when someone runs around a corner to avoid my kill and still dies. Then they start accusing me of aim-botting, which is crazy because as far as I know aim-bots don't shoot around corners. What is actually happening is a latency issue and the same thing happens to me all the time. You need to remember that what is happening on your screen may not be exactly the same as what the other person is seeing.

And I get accused of wall-hacking all the time because I developed a habit years ago of having my sights aimed where I think a person will be when I go around corners in bases.

And i'll get accused of aim-botting again because I'll run into a room with my HA and take out 4 or 5 people quickly, when in reality its just accuracy, quick reflexes, strafing and using the environment to my advantage.:D

And one time I was accused of glitching into a wall because I jumped out of the way when a Harasser tried to run over me. The guy said he was sending SOE video of it and that I would be banned. Well, I'm obviously still here so what does that tell you.

There are just an endless amount of situations where people THINK someone is hacking and they aren't... Like I said, you guys need to keep your egos out of it and try being objective. Unless a player is blatantly hacking then just assume that they aren't... In most cases its just skill, luck or the person played smarter than you.
    • Up x 2
  7. Earthman

All of this feigned objectivity and all you can offer about how cheating surely rarely happens is that you don't see it, which is subjective experience.

The difference is I'm not the one dismissing entire swaths of people because they don't measure up to your abstract standards. Ironically, a good way to improve standing with people like you and a way of having opinions be validated to your expections might involve artificial boosting of game performance with the very same cheats that you say aren't used, with nothing to back the claim up.
    • Up x 2
  8. DeadlyShoe

you guys realize this is an epic bumpright
  9. Earthman

Eh, why not? It was only a day old, far as I know.
  10. DeadlyShoe

It was made in march 2013 :eek:
  11. Earthman

Oops!

Well, best to let it lay down again. Good eye, there.
  12. ViXeN

No actually, its not only me. There is a reason why you rarely see competitive gamers in general on a forum shouting about how everyone is hacking. Its because we have played against gamers a higher level than just pubs so we know what good players can do in a game. And when I say that only about 1% of players on games hack, its also based on actual numbers from other games. There are actually quite a few games that have a "wall of shame" or something similar that actually names the hackers that they ban. And the numbers are always small when you compare it to the size of the community.

And before you make comments about being objective you may want to think about which one of us is actually being more objective. The person who thinks its more likely that there is a reason someone killed me in a game that didn't involve hacking or the person who thinks most of the people who kill them are hacking. Like someone else said, if we go with your way then it just turns into a witch hunt and that never works out well for anyone.:rolleyes:
  13. Earthman

Big difference here: I'm making no special attempt to achieve objectivity, which is inherently futile and silly in a video game outside of the actual coding of it.
    • Up x 1
  14. ViXeN

What? LOL No, being objective is actually pretty easy. You just have to remove your ego from the situation to do it. :D Most people can't seem to do that. There always has to be a reason why they die in a game that doesn't actually involve them, whether its hacking, lag, OP weapons, etc... People don't want to admit that they were just outplayed. I don't have that problem.
  15. Earthman

You've removed soooo much ego from your posts that it looks like you didn't do anything at all.

;)
    • Up x 1
  16. Negator

Good luck with that one Vixen
    • Up x 1
  17. Rogueghost

Necromancer.
  18. Earthman

We're both caught in his spell!
  19. uhlan

I am a pretty good player, with a fairly high KD/R. I'm also a casual player so I don't have a very high score per session.

In other words, when I'm not drinking coffee, talking to other folks, or eating skittles, I'm killing people fairly consistently.

I have fun in this game and the other folks who play contribute to most of that.

That said, I'm also a veteran FPS gamer and as such have seen my fair share of cheaters.

I will NEVER call someone out for hacking even with proof as it does little good. Not that SOE doesn't care, but rather that it's nearly impossible to stop.

Aimbotting specifically is VERY hard to stop as it can be turned on and off with ease. The other hacks less so, but unless you're porting around or hanging out in walls Auraxis is your oyster.

A very sad truth.

1% hackers, Vixen? No, I can't settle for that. I imagine you wouldn't put that out unless you had numbers to back it up, but In my experience it's much higher than that.

Some games I have played online that were closer to 10 or 15%.

Most veterans know what these games were/are so I wont elaborate more than this.

What PS2 is experiencing I can't guess, but I'm certain that it isn't 1% even with my casual (but dedicated) play.
    • Up x 1
  20. Negator

Eh, I'm sure this isnt a good metric due to the type of people we attract, but of the 330 current members and maybe another 200 we've culled since launch, weve only kicked two people for hacking and are extremely cautious with anything out of the ordinary.

Its alot easier to pin down hacks that trust you.