[POLL] Do you want Dual Wield?

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Caracal, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Kildorragh96

Don't see where all the hate is coming from, don't like it, don't use it...

I actually see how it could work, you completely limit your range in return for absolute CQC lethality

They could even throw in the option to be able to holster your left hand at any time? So you have one hand for range then you bring out your second once you get in close?
  2. Thpthpthp

Would I like to dual wield?
    [IMG]
    You're damn right I would.
  3. hardes13

Yeah and only for NC
    with 2 revolvers!!!
    yeeeaaahhhh
    and i am serious!
  4. Dreadnaught Wrex

Only if I can dual wield mini gatling guns. but seriously, LA are made to flank, I honeslty hate LAs enough with them shooting me in the rear as my HA or MAX.
  5. Palor

no. There is a reason you dont see real world soldiers dual wielding, it does not work. I know this game is not a true milsim but I think they need to stay away from things like this. In CQC fights the game is already very COD or Haloish and any further movement towards that is a bad idea imo. Heck I would be happy if they nerfed hip fire accuracy after the first burst. If you try and fire a carbine, shotgun, or SMG from the hip in rapid succession after that first round you have almost 0 chance of keeping it on target. There is a reason guns are designed with buttsotcks.
  6. DerEchteSpatz

Hah, almost a full year later and still a NO from me.

Dual wielding anything else than a pistol would be totally imbalanced.
    And dual wielding pistols? Really? Are we here in the wild west?
    I seem to have missed Player Studios bringing out Cowboy hats and belts...

How do you spell COWBOY in the year ... whatever PS2 is in... ?
    YEEEEEHAW!!!

Sorry, but what a stupid idea!
    I would really hate that.
  7. cruczi

If I were a SOE employee, dual wielding would be an idea that I could imagine myself toying around with on occasion, but I'd never be stupid enough to actually implement it in a game like Planetside 2.

If it came up repeatedly in meetings, it would probably become a sort of a joke at the office:

Employee 1: "Hey I've got this idea, I thought it'd be great to give the players an option to turn other players invisible. You know, like a remote cloaking device! Wouldn't that be great?"
    Employee 2: [sacrasm] "GREAT idea! We should do that as soon as we've implemented dual wielding." [/sarcasm]
    Employee 1: "as in, never... yeah you're probably right. Let's get back to work"
    • Up x 1
  8. DeadliestMoon

Who cares what soldiers do in real life, dual wielding is fun because this is a video game.

No, Light Assaults only. It's bad enough that Infiltrators stole the Light Assault's spot as the next class to be updated and that you're stealing Adrenaline Pump from us; you're not getting this too.
  9. jiggu

TR already have the Reaper helmet, so yeah.
    • Up x 1
  10. Jonesing25

11. Daibar

i'm going to follow up with no thanks to the dual wield idea, it's a crap solution to an area they have no idea what to do with.
  12. MrWolf3

XD dual full auto shotty time .
  13. Klondik3

You would quickly change your mind after running into dual jackhammer NC heavy.
  14. Strikejk

I like how the NC guy believes that you need 2 jackhammer to instant kill your opponent ;)
  15. Get2dachoppa

16. Nocturn0l

Where comes all the real world comparison from?

Do real world soldiers have jetpacks?
    Do they have energy shields?
    Do they have instant healing medkits?

Nobody is forcing you to use it, I for one think it would be great fun. Dual wielding only for pistols of course.
  17. Iridar51

This discussion is pointless.

/thread
  18. Klondik3

Silly Terran, since when 3-shot kill is instakill?
  19. Klondik3

This is not a discussion, this is poll.
  20. eldarfalcongravtank

no to dual-wield! not even for pistols or small PDWs (if they ever add weapons like these). it will make planetside2 already more ridiculous as it is. we dont need more cod rambo features