(((SUGGESTION))) - SOE Clean up the Aimbotting Already

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Badname6587, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Scatterblak

It's a little disappointing that we have to go to twitter, reddit, and all over the net to reach these guys, or to get information. What's the point of the forums if this isn't the official place to go?
  2. Scatterblak

Many of us have.
    • Up x 3
  3. Earthman

Your perception doesn't matter as much as his. :rolleyes:
    • Up x 2
  4. Wildclaw

There is the profit seekers who will cheat if there is profit in it. Those are the people who use bots to gain certs, so they will have little impact on general gameplay.

There is the attention seekers that do it to annoy others and to feel important. They are generally a sad bunch.

And then there is the hardcore cheater that is difficult to detect.
    • Self-centered
    • No qualms about doing unethical things (50% of cheaters in social games have also cheated in a real life relationship) if they think they can get away with it.
    • Paranoid (think everyone else is as unethical as themselves)
  5. ViXeN

Or more likely, you THINK you have. ;)
    • Up x 2
  6. Earthman

What a funny situation, where one subjective point of view is flawed and inaccurate, entirely due to a mirrored contrary subjective point of view.

"Cheaters don't exist because I don't see them. People that see them are wrong."
    • Up x 3
  7. FlR3

In before thread is closed down because a video was posted. There are script kiddies in-game and yes they ruin the game for most and make some players leave the game. People who say there are none or defend the script kiddies are either blind, have friends who cheat or are cheaters themselves trying to cover their rearends. Can cheaters be killed? Yes. Can something be done about cheaters? Yes. There are script kiddies in every FPS and TPS games and there will always be lowlifes trying to protect their lowlife cheat scripts. This is a great game and I supported it with hundreds of dollars from station cash and membership to telling the GM's who was putting out the cheats before the game ever went live. I gave SOE a timeline to correct these lowlifes coming in but that past in December so I cancelled my membership and will not purchase anymore station cash until I see a big move to stop these lowlifes. I don't mean suspending the script kiddie for a week either because that is a slap in the face to the legit players IMHO
    • Up x 1
  8. Commissar Penitus

There really should be some sort of account verification even if the game has to be free to make infinite accounts with.

That way, a banned identity (tied to a credit card or something like that, even if not charged) would have one more obstacle from continuing its script kiddie crap.
    • Up x 2
  9. ViXeN

No the problem is that people's egos can cloud their judgement. On most games there are less than 1% of hackers in the community but if you ask some random person they will say about 80% of people hack because they think anytime a person makes a good shot they must be aim-botting. I get accused of it almost every day myself and I have never used any cheats. People need to just accept the fact that there are a lot of players who can make amazing shots. Just because you think people are hacking, it doesn't mean they are....

Unless the person is blatantly hacking (hitting headshots on everyone in the area) then you can't be sure someone is doing it. You just assume and you know what they say about assumptions.
    • Up x 2
  10. WTSherman

As far as noclipping go, putting a killfield just "under" the terrain might be able to at least reduce its impact/viability as long as they can keep that field neatly trimmed.

After all, when a non-hacking player clips through terrain due to a bug, they die anyway (happened to me once: you fall, and fall, and eventually you hit an invisible floor and die), so it wouldn't make any difference at all to non-hackers. Noclippers would still be able to do annoying BS stuff like trigger the SCU while the shield is still up (had a rather persistent one doing this for over two hours in a biolab fight once) but at least they wouldn't be able to sit inside rocks with MANA turrets or hover under the floor killing people in the spawn room.

Just because you can't get a game 100% clean doesn't mean you shouldn't find ways to make cheating as difficult and unrewarding as possible.
    • Up x 2
  11. TheMightyRed

It's funny how Vixen said "Or more likely, you THINK you have" and you turn it into "Cheaters don't exist because I don't see them. People that see them are wrong."

Go away troll.
    • Up x 3
  12. DQCraze

Ive noticed more and more hackers in game. Hackers are anti-gamers, they are out to ruin as many games as they can, intentional or not. If I had my way they would all ride the lightning. I would say 20% of this games population cheats which still leaves plenty of room for legit gameplay.
    • Up x 4
  13. TheMightyRed

That is an absurd number that you just pulled from your ***. Please tell me what did you base that number on?
    • Up x 3
  14. Kimgibbler

15. DQCraze

Sorry you are correct my math is off the article I was reading said around 1 in 50 which is 2% not 20. Also they are between 19 and 32 years of age.
  16. Iridar51

I very much doubt there are tenths of thousands in this game at all.
    • Up x 1
  17. Badname6587

Lots of players on Waterson are actively subtley hacking. There are full outfits of players that are actively sharing hacks and strategies on doing it. 20k download of hacks and counting just in 1 thread on one site. SOE needs to take care of the problem instead of just ignoring it. Lets get rid of these subtle cheaters.

I could give a list of several players that are beyond sketchy, but ya know.. you cant do that here... and reporting them wont do anything either.

This is a big reason this game will go nowhere... there is no accountability for fairplay at all.
    • Up x 2
  18. Earthman

Are you so certain YOUR ego isn't clouding your judgement? You believe there are "less than 1% hackers" and insist on how correct that is with at least the same lack of evidence of the people stating that hacking is a problem and a noticable one.

There's a lot more to cheating than "good shots." There are people going through and under terrain, rendering their vehicles invincible (saw that one myself in a surrealistic display with an entire tank column pounding into one Harasser), teleporting explosives onto people from long distances, and much more. Saying people "need to just accept the fact" is just attempting to transmute your own opinion into fact.

There's a certain loftiness to shooting down other people's suspicions and assuming all is well. Physician, heal thyself.
    • Up x 2
  19. Earthman

There will be even less, and less so over time, if the denialists get their way and nothing at all is done.
    • Up x 2
  20. Earthman

I'll just stay right here, because unlike you I had something to say of use for the thread.
    • Up x 1