Miller NC overpop since new year.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Strikejk, Jan 15, 2014.

1. SharpeShooter

SCEV really? they do more harm than good and that is a fact! SCEV literally invite every single person to their outfit and then don't even organize them into a proper force! completely useless!

Yes TR used to be overpopulated but trust me when I say vet players never liked us outnumbering the other factions! We always wanted a fair fight. However, now we see what it was like for NC and VS we want it to change even more!
  2. Strikejk

And you really believe that 47% TR population on Miller,
    sorry wait a second.. 47% TR population on Miller are accurate? nearly :eek: half of the server population?
    I don't know wich "soe server %" you are looking at but maybe you should do a screenshot next time!
    Nothing more to say about it.

Edit: Thank you all for the attention <:
  3. Chowley

That graph seems to be wrong from my experience, over the last few days VS absolutely ride the server after 9pm GMT. There was mid 40's VS percentage pop last night. My experience is NC go up to around 35% - 38% population from 8 - 9/10, then VS take over.
    TR are very low at times, but having been on the receiving end of Terranside for about 8 months I have no sympathy for ye.
  4. d3adline

He is probably confusing cont-pop with world-pop, I think he is the - let's say - "special" kind of person capable of it.
  5. SebDollar

On several occasions it was even higher, and usually TR had over 40% worldpop even during primetime. Seems like most TR blissfully forgot how masive the server imballance was, and for how long it actually lasted.
    • Up x 2
  6. Kristan

NC overpop? That's just target rich environment.
    • Up x 1
  7. Goretzu

That is what the server stats used to say regularly, yes (from May-Sept at the least). Surely you must have looked at them yourself on occasion during that period?

What part of that don't you understand? :confused:
  8. Goretzu

Sirisan is wildly inaccurate.

As I mentioned I directly collected a load of hourly data back in the TR world pop peak days, the actual in-game server world pop would be showing TR at say 45% world population, but when you correlated it against the sirisan data it would be showing TR much lower (35-37%).

It is because (I think) the population is actually logins not actually server pop as such, and thier polling rate was rather high therefore has/has a fairly low resolution.
    • Up x 1
  9. SharpeShooter

well that's not what the OFFICIAL PS2 stats say so someone is incorrect, and I don't think its the stats. No one is disputing that TR was overpopulated but never was it regularly at them levels.
  10. Goretzu

Which offical stats? :confused:

As I said things like 50% were rare and usually at the end of an alert.

But 45%? That was very regular (TR had 45% yesterday morning for a short while for that matter) and TR basically never dropped below 39-40% around PT for months.
  11. axiom537

You nailed it, BTW I love the "NC'fied" comment...Give it a month or so and this issue will more then likely balance itself out...If it doesn't then we can all look at the data and see where tweaks need to be made, but to call for things to be fixed after only a week or 2 after a fairly significant balance patch is silly.
    • Up x 2
  12. Nyetimber

On any other server, than will be a problem. On a half-a-year-TR-dominating-victory-Miller, not so much.
    • Up x 2
  13. Phazaar

Quite the opposite to be honest. I think the quality of replies in the thread are entirely appropriate for the quality of the thread. I didn't say he's not within his rights to voice his feelings, but expecting any kind of response not identical to the same responses his faction have been giving for the better part of a year for a thread that, by your own observation, is very easily comparable to a large number of the threads that prompted those responses is nonsensical.

The hypocrisy in parodying the **** that's been rammed down your throat for 8+ months pales in comparison to the hypocrisy of screaming 'nothing to see here' for those 8 months until you're the one on the receiving end, at which point it's the only thing worth caring about... Throw in an expectation of reasoned, rational responses to a thread that neither started in the same manner nor invited such responses and you're just into a world of... Well... Forumside...

On a personal note, I hate being overpop and would love to see this fixed. I've 'fourth factioned' to my TR character full time at the moment because I like making the point that the factions are really well balanced and it's pathetic for so many TR to switch 'in order to get the NC nerfed' (playing in two of the big Miller TR outfits, I've seen this discussed multiple times. Credit to leaders for talking people round and handing out a bit of shame with it...). It does rather feel like cutting off my nose to spite my face though, as whilst I could finally, for the first time since beta, be playing NC without having the odds stacked against me, I can't because the overpop nonsense is tiresome as hell.

So to close; yeah, I'd welcome constructive, rational, reasoned discussion on the population imbalance, now that every faction has had at least a moment with the fourth faction bolstering their ranks... This thread isn't ever going to yield that, or at least doesn't deserve to.
    • Up x 1
  14. Spoof

I'm enjoying the swing. My bonuses are getting bonuses, and there are soooo many NC to farm :)

The only downside is when WASP and Mercenaries lock down a tower and you can't even poke your head out to feel the breeze. No fun at all being stuck behind those shields, especially with so many MAX suits expelling nappy aroma from their vents.
  15. bPostal

Well, there's one thing we the players can do. If I recall there was talk of a "gentleman's agreement" to combat the rise of TR population...That's what needs to happen. I'm not saying the TR and NC (we're ******** about the VS right?) need to hold hands, host campfires and sing stupid little songs. Pick the faction with the highest pop and try to bring the fight to them instead of acting like a bunch of jackels. This is may be difficult with the amount of hate and discontent we've built up against each other over the years (decade+ for some of the older outfits who were fighting each other on Werner).

I'll even see about putting words into action this weekend if I can get a hold of a squad or two.
  16. LordMondando

Don't get me wrong all that stuff about outfits switching to counteract it applies to the NC to. I'm going to see what I can do on that front.

Saying that though, the NC are in a far more precarious state. You start having big outfits like WASP, XDT or RTRS moving over, the whole NC will fall apart. Most of the overpop on miller is thousands of small outfits and zergfits that have just appeared out of nowhere the last 2-3 weeks. Without an organised half descent outfit for them to follow in a given lane, they'll be slaughtered.
  17. bPostal

You may have misread, or I am. I'm not encouraging outfits to switch factions to counterbalance 4th factioning. Those outfits are being punished enough as it is simply because the first half hour of their play time is "YEAH! We're Awesome!!!" and the rest of the time is "Who do I have to **** to get a good fight around here?"

If the VS are overpopped, double team those technological zealots like some sort of wildly inappropriate metaphor that I can't really post on here without fear of getting banned! Same for the NC! I don't even need to say 'same for TR' because y'all already know what to do when the TR pop gets up there ;)

If the bigger, more established outfits switch factions or even slow/stop playing because of boredom brought on by overpop then they risk stagnating because they're not recruiting and training these new players (at least the ones who intend to stick around (disregarding the 4th blatant 4th factioners)). If the larger NC outfits begin to stagnate then we'll see the same disorganized NC (calm down tuff guys, I'm talking about the admitted factionwide disorganization that has since un****ed itself) reappear which gives the bigger, more established TR and VS outfits nobody to fight in any semblance of organized (nonzerg) battle.
  18. LordMondando

Yeah I did misread, or rather I read into.

I think its fair to say though, it was argued that TR should of done it back in the day, some like BRTD did, and it helped a little bit.

But until the flavour of the month fad goes away. I mean WASP is a 48+ on the map most nights now, i'm trying to argue the toss that on the off occasion when its particularly bad that might be worth deliberately gaming for the benefit of MILLER and FIGHTZ.

We've tried that so.. many... times. You just can't control the randoms it's also a petri dish for whacky conspiracy theories and general distrust.

And I like how miller is playing nice atm, its the nice middle class server lets try and avoid any culture changes.

I think if on a paritcularly bad week. XDT, CONZ, WASP and RUSL for example, took it in turns to jump on their alts and lulz around. The problem pretty much goes.
  19. bPostal

Gaining and maintaining control of greenies has always been a pain in the ***. Again, someday we'll have the mission system and my personal hope is that will be our carrot/stick to help shape the battlespace and aid in factionwide coherence. In the meantime we're pretty much limited to /orders so...yeah. I guess I withdraw that comment.

As for Miller "playing nice" I think that's mostly y'all proper English types with the tea and crumpets. I know the pain and frustration that just about everyone's feeling (except for the Deutsche schadenfreude types) but that's no reason to give into the hate. The fact that some people enjoy playing NC and VS is enough for me to hate them, no need to add population into the mix!

I do like that you admit that it's your fault though! If y'all want to organize times for alts on the lowest population then I'd suggest the tag '**** Fourth Factioners' [FFF] and I even know a place where everyone can get organized! (Hint)
  20. LordMondando

Yet with the NC finally coalasing into about 10 or so medium to large organised outfits worth a damn, we can actually do something about it now. The issue here is a population difference of around 100-200 people maxium. A platoon of any of the major NC outfits moving would make a massive difference to the gameplay across the gameworld.

No idea what does it, I think some credit has to go to the various Miller /yell whimsy warriors who shout down the hackusations and homophobic **** with inane **** about which is the best type of algae or how fast a bear can run.

We are good at that, need to get better though.

Also GOON couping Yawnn out in the early days really set the tone too. We could have ended up like Dramason.*shudder*

Its nobodies fault. As i've said for ******* AGES now, population imbalances are pretty much just a demographic fact of an entirely PVP game with numbers in the 100's.

We need mechanics to fix it and I'm not going to let off SOE until they actually move forward with what is THE OBVIOUS GOD DAMN MOVES.

Also if its going to be called anything, its got to have tactical in the name.
    • Up x 1