New NS tank revealed - Multi crew maybe?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Cowabunga, Jan 9, 2014.

1. CrashB111

2. MonkeyOnTheWing

Nah, screw that. I would want this beast to have more unique weaponry than the standard HE/HEAT/AP selection. I'm thinking some serious artillery action. Maybe a beefed up version of the Viper that can rain volleys of anti-infantry shells on a base from a safe distance. A Bunker Buster that can kill or mortally wound tanks in one shot. A Surface to Air missile launcher for creating some serious no-fly zones. Of course, all this would be balanced by nerfing accuracy and reload speed... And the fact that it's a giant moving target just begging everyone in the area to light it up.
  3. DashRendar

Dude, the emblem on that tank is a weird bird in a circle thing and the Colossus emblem is clearly NS. No similarities can be seen.
    • Up x 2
  4. RHINO_Mk.II

It is a Mark XXX Bolo. The picture was from the cover of one my favorite collections of bolo short stories.
  5. EliteEskimo

Hadouken this tank will need to be guarded by Freelancers Union cows at all times, Cows I say! , and they will be herded by you while you're in the tank. Make a video of this, you know I believe in you.:D
  6. Lamat

Enough with the NS crap, we need more empire vehicles.
    • Up x 2
  7. faykid

it won't be bigger than the vehicle spawn pads. so it cannot be wider than sundy. unless they add exclusive spawn pads for techplants and warpgates
    • Up x 1
  8. EliteEskimo

It could use both spawn pads at the main vehicle bay of the Tech Plant simultaneously. They could also make it cost over 750 resources so it could work like a bank vault that requires two different people turning two different keys at the same time to pull it. Problem Solved.:cool:
  9. Jachim

What are you drinking? Can I have some? ;)

And yeah, I suspect this to be FAKE>
  10. Jachim

AGREED. I want empire specific lib variants, harasser variants, etc first!
    • Up x 1
  11. Jeralamo

Is no one concerned that this thing could be what the BFR was for planetside1???
  12. Sathayorn

BFR in Planetside 1 was small enough to get around... From all the information that we have... This thing is too large to actually be of much use...

Comically large, would likely be slow as hell, taken out by AV Mana batteries... It's simply too big to be game breaking like the BFR... You couldn't miss it if you tried.

Of course... I'd put maxed out stealth on mine...
    • Up x 1
  13. AdmiralArcher

[IMG]

anyone remember generals command and conqour zero hours?
    • Up x 3
  14. Unclematos7

Looks like the Halo tank+1 cannon.
    • Up x 1
  15. Xasapis

It's not fake.

Then again the big carrier was not fake either, but I don't foresee it coming into action any time soon.

My problem with this is not the tank itself, it's how it's another NS vehicle and not an empire specific one.
    • Up x 5
  16. NinjaTurtle

If this is NS it sucks balls. Out of all the vehicles we already have we have 3 empire unique compared to 6 NS already.

I thought SOE wanted all empires to be unique? Why then would they add another NS vehicle to an already well represented pool?
    • Up x 4
  17. eggy

I dont mind if its NS or Empire Specific.

NS stuff, with NS weapons is easier to balance.
    ES stuff looks better, is more fun but is a nightmare for balance.

Also its just a teaser, ive seen loads of harraser/buggy teasers and none of those have made it into game yet.
    An NS heavy tank could be followed 6 months later by ES Heavy tanks.

Regarding its size. I think it could just "look" big. The terrain on the three maps we have doesnt support massive vehicles, AND every patch we have makes it worse. Some thing thats as long as a sunderer but wider and flatter would be my expectation.

It use needs to be in your face, in the battle, taking and receiving shots while staying mobile.
    We dont need mobile artilery or more camping tanks.

Id like to see it being 3 person. 1 driver (with tools) and 2 gunners.
    Failing that Id like to see a 2 new chasis choice for the existing MBTs. Racer, Rival and Racer Decicated, Rival Dedicated.
    It adds 20% more Armour, 1/3 the benifits of the non dedicated chasis, 1 more util/defence slot and adds 1 more seat for the driver.
  18. Xasapis

I doubt NS stuff will come with NS weapons alone (/looking at Harasser).
  19. LUCAGRABACR

This is my proposal of how big it should be, because a tank named Colossus has to be COLOSSAL :p

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  20. Xasapis

Considering how fragile tanks are in PS2, that would make for some awesome pinata killing :)
    • Up x 4