Unscheduled - Re-certification Item Now Archived!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Dragon, Jan 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dragon

This was the Only item on the Roadmap that had 60 pages of passionate representation by the player base wanting this for over a year, and it was ignored and now archived. No other item on the Roadmap has more than 44 pages of feedback. No update from SOE was posted in this thread. Instead this was quietly archived without a word, in a location where the player base has no privileges to post or provide feedback...???!!!

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...scheduled-re-certification-item.82987/page-76

Implementation now for recertification...per Nanoweave refund of certification points this is now available.
    • Up x 20
  2. FateJH

You know, since the first request for a recertification item was plead, players have probably earned so many certs that they probably could have purchased what they had wanted to flesh-out in the first place. And they still have access to all their old stuff at the same time if they ever find a new use for it.
    • Up x 4
  3. WolfA4

Why is 60 pages the magic number?
  4. Tommyp2006

it would still be a good idea for at least low to mid battle rank players, as they are far more limited than those who are higher battle ranks.
    • Up x 1
  5. Sen7rygun

Re-cert is pay to win. Nope from me.
    • Up x 5
  6. SteelMantis

Yeah, both this idea and server changes are things that a lot (but not all, or even a majority) of players want but are really bad ideas with a host of potential problems.
    • Up x 3
  7. GhostAvatar

How on earth do you figure it is pay to win? We are not talking about cert refunds for weapons bought with SC. We are talking about recerting class and vehicle cert lines.
    • Up x 8
  8. NoInstructions

Live with your noob mistakes, if I recerted I would get like 1k wasted certs out of stuff I never use. Big deal.

They aren't going to let you re-cert when new items come out because they want you to buy them with cash to get immediacy.
  9. REDRUM4K

I would seriously like to refund the certs on a huge number of items and upgrades that turned out totally useless for me. I always thought SOE was working on that. Hugely disappointing.
    • Up x 11
  10. Lucidius134

I would rather they fix the issues with things people want to re-cert than make a 100% full re-cert item before fixing it.

Vehicle Night Vision needs to be un-f****ed.

Only thing that i can think of that is a big regret on my behalf and like I already said, I would rather they fix NV than get a recert and put it somewhere else. Once they add the re-cert for money option it's going to invoke ALOT more flavour of the monthing than there currently is.

Imagine: Back when lockdown Prowler was broken as heck on initial release or Zoe.

People would be able to recert and put ALL of their certs into MAX/Prowler (Max Defensive Max Utility, Max Performance, Max Guns) to abuse them even more and then can just un-do it after the nerf.
    • Up x 2
  11. Shinrah

Not to mention that you could re-cert in PS1 every 24h or so. I also think that weapons purchases should not be recertable --otherwise people might buy random weapons with SC then get a re-cert token and generate certs that way. Aside from that, I don´t see a problem if you can reset 1 class/vhc every 24h/7days/month.

It might not be an issue for BR70+ players like us, but for new players every balance change brings the risk of losing viability on the one class/vhc they are heavily invested in. For example if you invested all your stuff into a Harrasser as a fresh player you got the short end of the stick, with the last game update.

So yeah, it shouldn´t be ignored. Put a time limit on it. Restrict it so that it´s not easily abuseable.
    • Up x 6
  12. Kitakami

Exactly. Truly the only reason I want a re-cert is because so much of the stuff I've certed is now comparatively useless. Like you say, Nightvision was once the go-to option for vehicle vehicles. So I used it like so many others. Now it's been changed so drastically for the worse, it's comparatively useless. Thermal is always better.

And that's just one example.
    • Up x 1
  13. Ash87

That really doesn't mean anything.

Just because it is archived doesn't mean it wont happen, as if you look at the archive, there are many things in there that we know will be coming with time.

Not that big of a deal.
    • Up x 1
  14. Monkeydmomo

Imo the reason they don't want to implement this is because if you're not farming certs for something you want then what else are you going to do. Isn't the general idea of an mmo to have people invest time into the game for the sake of the goodies? Wouldn't it be pointless to play the game If there's nothing else to look forward to in a game? Unless you enjoy feeding your ego, any other type of player would quit once they've unlocked everything.
    • Up x 1
  15. Nexus545

SOE were too slow in implementing this. Now because people have so many certs they wont buy and it so it's not worth their time anymore.
  16. Spaw 13

I totally agree with you Dragon.
    SOE, why do you put this thread in the "Archive features" section?
    • Up x 2
  17. EFREM

To make Re-certification Item for 10000-30000 SC it players all the same would use, and this number is more than the sum of re-certification of the bought weapon imagined by much opponents for certificat.

Where official comments from SOE about it?
    • Up x 3
  18. Spaw 13

Keep this topic first !

UP !
    • Up x 5
  19. Jeslis

Really SOE? Archived? ,.. ******* hell... We STILL WANT THIS.
    • Up x 4
  20. Spaw 13

We still want this !
    • Up x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.