Is HA good class for below avg player to up his KDR?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by ChairmanMao, Dec 29, 2013.

1. ChairmanMao

IF HA is good for a below average player like myself. Do you think that TR or NC would be best?

Would you cert resist sheild and ASC?

Or nanoweave and nano mesh generator?

What guns would you do?

I am thinking of trying HA to help me get my KDR up?
  2. Baconite

It depends. What class do you normally play?
  3. sodopro

KDR is nothing in this game.

Go and pad your stats all you want.
    • Up x 11
  4. Hatesphere

if you want to pad your stats go jump in an ESF or tank and lone wolf, if you want to play join a competent outfit and your KDR will stabilize while helping the game.
  5. Borusa

For simply improving K/D, I'd suggest vehicle/turret camping.

Both TR and NC have their ups and downs and the experience with those empires may vary depending on which server you pick. However I'd say that NC heavy assault has a better variety of guns.
    Personally I'd go with Nanoweave and Resist Shield. (Currently I use Adrenaline with Flak, which is expensive, but pretty good against the army of rocket primary heavies - I might change to Nanoweave though).

If you pick TR, then I'd suggest to pick from these: T9 Carv, MSW-R, TMG-50
    In case of NC go for either EM1 or EM6.
    All of these LMGs should be rather easy to handle.

However, if you actually want to improve, maybe try to find out why are you below average and do against it. (for example lack of accuracy, bad positioning, bad reaction time, lack of battlefield awareness, etc)
  6. MFP_TK_01

In his other thread it seems to be recon, LA, and Medic.
  7. BraSS

MAX
    • Up x 4
  8. Shanther

Nanoweave + Resist does absolutely nothing for you.
  9. Typhoeus

MAX is best for padding your kd. Max out that acquisition timer and go defend biolabs and air towers all day.
    • Up x 1
  10. Torqameda

I generally get a better KDR on LA than I do HA. My DasAnfall KDR is closer to like 3.00, I don't like relying on revives so I generally go less ham on LA.
  11. Luighseach

If you want to pad you Infantry KDR (for those who use stats sites that track this) then SMG infiltrator is the best way to go.

Heavies are good for 3 and 4 K/D ratio but good SMG infiltrators can get crazy streaks(with practice) and decent score in large fight(using darts and emp grenades).

Overall though if your only an average player(like myself) then support classes are overall more rewarding even though your K/D will never be grand(maybe medic would be okay but engi that repairs maxes all day does not get a great K/D).
  12. janeTEXAS

Pick Medic, grind 250 certs reviving/healing people etc, buy Grinder, redeploy to 48 vs 48 bio lab, pick NC Max use Scat + Grinder, camp enemy spawn room doors, profit sessions with 50 K/D ratio if you are smart. I have seen NC Maxes with dual mattock doing 100 kills without dying on a crowded bio lab, redeploy when you are about to lose the bio lab. Its not pretty but i think thats what u want?
  13. DukeFlash

Yeah, HA is a frontline fighter and even the best HA are going to die a lot because you have to throw yourself at people.
    Vehicles (or aircraft) killing infantry are probably the best way to 'legitly' pad your stats unless you are a pro Infiltrator with SMG / anti-personnel mines.

I despise such players, by the way, but I do try to give honest answers to inquiries.
  14. Mootar

The problem with doing something just to influence your K/D is you are then forced to always do it in order to maintain it.

Any chimp can get a good K/D facerolling in a MAX or spamming tank shells at a spawn, but do you really want to do that every time you play, whether you enjoy it or not, just to protect your precious K/D?

You could spend your entire time in a noobsuit, camping Biolabs with a 50K/D for a year, but as soon as somebody looks at your stats they will quickly see how good/bad you really are anyway so what's the point?

Unless you plan to stroke one out while staring at your K/D ratio, it's a waste of time, nobody else will be impressed either way.

Just do what you find enjoyable and find your level, then work to improve it instead of grinding to improve a meaningless stat that is no reflection on the ability of the player when taken in isolation.
    • Up x 6
  15. Paperlamp

Hahahaha.

This is the correct answer. Dual AI weapons is only 250 certs now - you get stuck with different weapons on each armor and they're not ideal but it works more than well enough to farm infantry with.
    • Up x 1
  16. Silkensmooth

Hahahahaha send me your videos of owning in an ESF and lone wolfing. I'm just dying to see them!
    • Up x 1
  17. biterwylie

If your really bothered about KDR (Why)

Go Sniper or be a gunner on anything.
  18. Kristan

HA is not that good at statpadding IMO. LA is better in that case. With proper mobility and element of surprise it's pretty easy to go on killstreaks. Just don't rush into crowded rooms.
  19. Thorval

What you need to be concerned with is placing yourself correctly, not your gear. You gotta know what your enemy is going to do, where they are going to come from and what they are going to defend. Try to think of the facility in pieces with good cover and doorways, good firing positions, etc.

If you are a heavy assault, find a good bit of cover that covers you from the waist down or higher. Don't go running around the facility like crazy. Try to anticipate the direction the enemy is going to come from and train your sights in that direction. Don't sit in one place too long, try to keep moving around a bit so a sniper doesn't have it easy picking you off.

Light assault should be concerned with finding the high ground. Use that jet pack, get on top of a building and peek over the edge to shoot down on people from above, they usually arent expecting it. Once you shoot someone immediately run away from the edge and find a -different- spot to shoot from. Those jet packs are for getting you into places that your enemy isn't looking. Pop out of cover, shoot into a doorway, move back and jet pack over the doorway to land on the other side. They come around the corner expecting to see you on the left side, but you are already on the right side, ready to shoot them in the back.

Medics are high Risk, high reward players. They are also one of the most survivable classes on the battlefield, on par with the heavy assault or better. Keep moving around the battle field, always look for those downed units, skulls on your mini map or HUD. Getting people back on their feet is your job. You can turn a squad of 12 into a deadly killing machine if you revive people. Stay in cover, but don't be afraid to run out of cover to get to the guy who died out by a tree. Stick to doorways or corners where the fighting is heavy, keep your med tool out to pick people up as they fall. Be ready to recognize when the fight is turning because you will have to whip out your rifle to try and push them back. 'Doctors are meant to help people. Sometimes heal sick people, sometimes killing bad people.'

Engineers are situational. They have access to a lot of tools to help them out. Anti personnel turret has a shield that makes for excellent makeshift cover. Plunk it down in a doorway to impede attackers. Set it up facing the enemy control point, and get ready to mow them down. You also have to figure out where to put your ammo packs. Don't throw an ammo pack down in the middle of open ground. Find a spot in cover that people can run back to and resupply without worrying about bullets flying around their heads. If you see a max walking around without an engineer, you should stick to that max. Follow it around and keep it repaired and supplied. Take care of your max and it will take care of you.

In general, I dislike Infiltrators. They are for loners who want to run around picking off the slower players on the enemy team. There isnt much teamwork involved with an infiltrator, as they are either running around on a hill top somewhere miles from the fight or they are ghosting around a base with an SMG. I've little advice on this play-style.
    • Up x 1
  20. CNR4806

Jumping into an ESF without properly knowing how to fight in one is the best way to pad your KDR toward 0.
    • Up x 4