Extended downtime 2x XP weekend

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Higby, Dec 18, 2013.

1. Higby Developer

Hey all -

We believe we have a handle on the issue that was causing instability on the servers and forcing us to have them offline so much the last 36 hours. We will be continuing to monitor the servers over the next few hours and days but we are hopeful that server stability will be back to normal from here on out. To make up for the inconvenience of the extended downtime we will be running 2x XP on all servers from Friday at midnight PST through Sunday midnight PST.

Once again, we are very, very sorry for the extended downtime.

See you on Auraxis (I'll be on Esamir, trying to find Gold Snowmen)

-
    Matthew Higby - @mhigby
    Creative Director - @planetside2
    • Up x 34
  2. Blarg20011

What server? Hmmm?

...and faction? what faction?
  3. Gheeta

Thanks! Much appreciated. :)
  4. f0d

double XP is a great first step in making it up to the players
    nice one.!
    • Up x 3
  5. GlueHead

6. codeForge

Seriously thanks guys for your patience. This was a tough one. Great to see such a huge influx once the servers came back up though!
    • Up x 18
  7. f0d

i bet we gave the servers a THRASHING once they came up with everyone logging on
  8. SnipersUnion

Great job guys, and the xmas presents just keep coming!

I now have major present inferiority complex about all of the gifts I got for others. Thanks for that! :)
  9. HadesR

Now just to fix those niggling little issues like jagged movement and headless players :p

But the effort over the past two days is much appreciated ..
    • Up x 4
  10. SnipersUnion

Yes yes, my OHK sniper streak I was looking forward to with the new patch didn't go exactly as I planned without those heads to aim at! Lol :D
  11. AccelPrime

To be honest I really don't think the 2x xp is needed, but it's definitely very nice. You guys have worked really hard on the server issues, i'm just happy that the servers are up & I can't wait to find a golden snowman myself ;).
    • Up x 1
  12. SashsaACIII

[IMG]
    :) :cool: .
    • Up x 2
  13. Kedyn

Nice! Time to use that hyper boost I've been saving. :D
    • Up x 1
  14. RHINO_Mk.II

It's fixed now, that's the important thing.

;)
  15. MurderBunneh

Thanks for your hard work. I know everybody has to work but all don't work hard. I can tell you guys work hard because there is production to see. Is it always good work? That can be debated..:rolleyes:. But you did make my favorite game and are trying to make it better.

I hope all involved with the game get to spend some time with their loved ones and enjoy the holidays. Don't let anybody ever tell you you haven't earned it.
  16. O'toole

Great news if you can get on. I am still crashing to desktop every time after selecting a character since this latest fiasco.
  17. CHDT65

18. SniperCzar

I expect a 1600 page writeup on in-depth engine machinery, server functions, and data structures! MWO guys did it - http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/117769-hud-bug-brief/

But seriously, nice work, I'm sure there was much coffee and booze consumed before the issue was solved.
  19. Boildown

Not to be Debby Downer, but the crash to desktop bug, that was in the game from release until OMFG1 aka PU1? And then Hooray, fixed ever since PU1 until now? Its back. :( Please make it go away again. Pretty sure it has something to do with the Physx implementation, at least it did prior to PU1.
  20. CHDT65

So, there's now in the game an implementation for triple monitors setup.

Please, SOE, could you also add in the game some tweaking for single monitor setup ?