Why is the Daily Sale 30% off instead of 50% off?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Roll Fizzlebeef, Nov 28, 2013.

1. MasterCheef

a SC sale AND an item sale means its a bigger deal for both.

3xSC sales seem like a once a year thing. It wouldnt be any good to them if it happened often, because NO ONE would buy SC unless there was a 3x sale.
  2. Nintyuk

I still thoroughly stand by the fact that nothing from the SC store is worth it's full price and only at 2x SC or 3xSC is is actually reasonable prices.
    • Up x 10
  3. Arbite

So, if I have a SOE Cash Card that I bought from a retailer, and I activate it on Black Friday, do I get more SC? Or do I have to purchase it online from their site/game?
  4. Zotamedu

What do you base that on. Lets get some history here shall we?

The members only sale is still 50 % today.
    Yesterday was the Sunderer Ranger (rear) on sale for 350 SC, that's 50 %.
    The day before that, Esamir Ice Vehicle Camo for 250 SC, that's 50 %.
    MAX Composite Armor 125 SC, that's 50 %.

And the list goes on. Everybody are going completely crazy over one, I repeate ONE, daily sale that is 30 % instead of 50 %.
    Could people use their brains for a fraction of a second and maybe wait for more than two hours before they start screaming their lungs out on how SOE are scamming us all. Seriosuly, I've always know Forumside was stupid but this reaches a new level of stupidity.

Regadring the bundles, the starter bundles has been pretty meh from the day they introduced them. It's nothing new. The Pro bundles, on the other hand, are pretty good value. It's basically buy one gun get another for free which is nice. I got a couple of them.

So please, could we all just use our brains and not get upset for nothing? Please?
  5. TomoB

1000SC for a damn helmet? First of all crap like this should cost less, I'm not tempted a bit to buy cosmetic stuff with these ridiculous prices. But that would mean that when players have their wardrobes full and devs would need to *gasp* work to make more items to sell.
  6. TimoWasTaken

They can have alot of my money.... when it's x3.
  7. Roll Fizzlebeef

I'm not exactly screaming my lungs out here.

You pointed out that every sale before this one was 50% off, which is exactly my point. Why would they suddenly out of nowhere without warning or some sort of heads up change the daily sale to 30% off? An explanation is all I'm expecting.
    • Up x 1
  8. Lucidius134

I can't find this bundle in game?

Edit: I checked the store website and found it.

https://www.planetside2.com/details?buy=PS2RE-IG-DD1114-WEBBUN
  9. ImANoob

was just looking at the NS-7 bundle or the "Fresh Meat Bundle" and i just wanted to know is that for a limited time? and do other things like that go on sale? becuase it looks pretty good value to anyone who doesnt have the weapon without even thinking about the camo
  10. Zotamedu

Maybe because it was a 1000 SC helmet and not a 700 SC gun? I don't know and I don't care but the stupidity shown in this thread is bothering me.
  11. Roll Fizzlebeef

The Hyperion helmet has been on the daily sale in the past for 500 SC.

This is an unannounced and unwanted change with no explanation, justification, or reasoning.

I don't see "the stupidity shown in this thread" unless you're referring to anyone that disagrees with you.
    • Up x 1
  12. ironeddie

I dunno what it's like in the rest of the world. But here in the UK in retail 50% discounts are fairly rare. 10 or 20% discounts are most common & 30% up is pretty good.

My current thinking is that people should be greatfull soe give a discount ever at all. They don't have to.
  13. Fredfred

^^This X1000

Despite my income problems, being unemployed and no income. I was able to spare about $30 SOE way, including a $25 game card and another $15. All I want really is that Zoe max gets balanced, Aegis shield and Lock down* max and Striker *gets pulled from the game and the C85 gets a complete over haul.
    I do not mind NC being the underdog faction, but I know the difference of being a underdog and being pissed on. Right now, we have been getting pissed on for months.

* I do not play TR, but damn, the striker got nerfed way too hard and I don't like killing TR lock-down maxs, I really feel bad killing them. It isn't even fun for me!
  14. BengalTiger

The way I see it...

$10 for the NC kepi (1000 SC when I checked a couple days ago).

On amazon, I could find new kepis for under $7 (as in the real hat).
    I won't pay more for a virtual hat than for a real one.

Lower the price of these things to $1-2 and plenty of people will be buying stuff, with no need for discounts.

Also, as some have noticed, the OP FOTM toys are generating money directly (people buy 'em), but they generate loss indirectly (everyone else isn't amused enough to spend big $$$ on PS 2).
  15. Redshift

They've got this **** backwards, no one in their right mind is willing to shell out £7 for a gun, i know i'm personally waiting for another 2x SC sale before i'll buy anything else, the default prices are just too high to purchase things on a whim,
    • Up x 2
  16. Kitakami

Aye. Although I agree with ironeddie, that a 30% discount is generous; that would assume the prices weren't a rip-off in the first place. We know SOE can afford double, even triple SC deals. That makes a £7 gun suddenly cost £2.33. Now that's more like a micro-transaction. But for cosmetics, they really need to get the price below £1 a piece. i.e., True micro-transactions.
  17. Nocturnal7x

If SOE had a 3x sale I probably would have dropped $100.

Instead I'm giving them no money. 30% is a joke.
  18. Redshift

./agree
    30% off is generous, but the prices are still 3x what i would deem acceptable
  19. Hicksimus

Can you tell that their games division has been down 15% in sales on a constant currency basis for the last 2 quarters?
  20. shd

And this is why they and the rest of the publishers can do whatever they want. There are always people that can swallow faster then they dump it. If they charged 100$ for an item i bet you would dance around with joy at every 50% sale and throw money at them just because it's on discount.

I can't even process the fact you are comparing actual goods with a couple of pixels on the screen.

Btw, today's sale is 40% so i guess they are slowly easing into reducing discounts.